• 1 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am trying to delete a visualforce page and I have removed all the references to it.

But still, when I try to delete it returns me a list of pages with the message "This visualforce page is referenced elsewhere in salesforce.com. Remove the usage and try again."

These pages have no any reference to the page I am deleting, as far as I know the only way a page can refer to another page is through:

1. {!$Page.pageName}
  2. <apex:include/>

Is there any other way the page is being referred that I don't know of?

Any help would be appreciated.

I have a piece of HTML string which needs to be rendered as PDF. This piece of HTML is dynamic, i.e., the contents are not known in advance.

I am using the following code to render as pdf and prevent escaping of HTML:

<apex:page controller="ControllerPdf" renderAs="pdf">

<apex:outputText value="{!HTMLString}" escape="false"></apex:outputText>

</apex:page>

This works perfectly in developer mode! But when I access via Sites the HTML is escaped! It just spits out the HTML as it is in the PDF.

Is this a limitation of Sites or is there any setting related to Sites that I should be looking at?

Thanks in advance.

I have two validation rules on a custom object, and I am trying to display all the failed validation rules at once in my visualforce page.

I am using <apex:pageMessages/> to render all the messages at once at the top of the page.

And I am catching the Exception in Apex as follows:

try { insert mycustomobject; } catch(Exception ex) { ApexPages.addMessages(ex); }

I entered the criteria in my fields which will cause both the validations to fail, but when I try to save only ONE validation error is displayed, when I fix the erro causing field and save again only then the second validation error is displayed. WHY is it so? when the docs clearly say,  "When one validation rule fails, Salesforce continues to check any additional validation rules on that field or any other field on the page and displays all appropriate error messages at once." 

https://login.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/fields_validation_considerations.htm

• September 09, 2011

Has anyone been experiencing extreme slowness in the cs5 instance since yesterday? It's so slow that even logging in takes a few attempts, forget about writing code, I haven't been able to code a single line since yesterday. On the other hand the na10 instance is normal.

I even tried connect from the IDE, when I refresh from the server I get the 'Unable to refresh resource/Connect reset' message.

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I thought to give it a shot.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I am trying to delete a visualforce page and I have removed all the references to it.

But still, when I try to delete it returns me a list of pages with the message "This visualforce page is referenced elsewhere in salesforce.com. Remove the usage and try again."

These pages have no any reference to the page I am deleting, as far as I know the only way a page can refer to another page is through:

1. {!$Page.pageName}

My sandbox appears to have been updated to Summer '12 over the weekend and previously-working code is now failing with unknown or Java exceptions -- which makes me suspect internal bugs from the update. Two specific examples I've seen so far:

1) A trigger that assembles a singleEmailMessage and calls Messaging.sendEmail() at the end is failing on the sendEmail() with:

EXCEPTION_THROWN [65]|System.EmailException: SendEmail failed. First exception on row 0; first error: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION, java.lang.Boolean cannot be cast to java.lang.String: []

2) A very simple VF page, which uses a standard controller, now fails to render. I get this error in lieu of the page:

java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Boolean cannot be cast to java.util.Date 

In this case the logs in the developer console don't even show the error so it seems like the problem occurs after all Apex code has executed (there is a small VF component involved that has a custom controller).

That's what I've seen so far today. On a related note: was there an announcement of the sandbox upgrade that I just missed or ignored? Should I be watching a feed that I'm not watching? I don't see anything on Twitter, in the developer.force.com blogs, or here in the forums (other than other users posting about their own difficulties)

1. {!$Page.pageName}

I recently upgraded my Force.com IDE (and all projects) to the Winter '12 release. Since upgrading, I've been observing that when I attempt to run unit tests against an Apex class, it often takes a very long time to execute. Even relatively simple tests sometimes take a minute or two to complete. The time doesn't seem to be spent during test execution, but rather during the "preparing results..." phase (based on the progress indicator in the IDE). Reducing the log level doesn't seem to have any impact one way or the other. I've also seen it simply get stuck in the "preparing results..." phase to the point where I had to kill the Eclipse process. Anyone else seeing this?

• January 04, 2012

Hi all,

Does anyone know why my eclipse deployment plan is painfully slow?  I'm only working on a small org and according to the Monitor Deployments page, a deployment usually takes about 1 minute.  However, the Deployment Plan page on eclipse can be open easily for 10 minutes and its very frustrating.  Why is the deployment so fast and yet eclipse doesn't show me the results until 10-15 minutes later??  It never used to do it at my previous company so I'm assuming its something to do with the setup here.  During the time when I'm waiting for eclipse to show me the Deployment Completed page, the eclipse.exe process can be using up to 99% according to task manager, so it slows my whole machine down.

It does this no matter how many items I'm deploying and despite the actual speed of the deployment.

Can anyone shed some light on how to improve this?  My current Eclipse.ini file looks like this:

-startup
plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.1.1.R36x_v20101122_1400.jar
--launcher.library
plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.1.2.R36x_v20101222
-product
org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product
--launcher.defaultAction
openFile
--launcher.XXMaxPermSize
256M
-showsplash
org.eclipse.platform
--launcher.XXMaxPermSize
256m
--launcher.defaultAction
openFile
-vmargs
-Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.5
-Xms40m
-Xmx384m 

Thanks

Steven

I have a piece of HTML string which needs to be rendered as PDF. This piece of HTML is dynamic, i.e., the contents are not known in advance.

I am using the following code to render as pdf and prevent escaping of HTML:

<apex:page controller="ControllerPdf" renderAs="pdf">

<apex:outputText value="{!HTMLString}" escape="false"></apex:outputText>

</apex:page>

This works perfectly in developer mode! But when I access via Sites the HTML is escaped! It just spits out the HTML as it is in the PDF.

Is this a limitation of Sites or is there any setting related to Sites that I should be looking at?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Over the weekend, our sandbox was upgraded to Winter '12, and many of my Apex tests have failures now.

For instance, I have a test that tries to save a Lead without a Last Name (which should lead to an error for a required field missing).

My test:

static testMethod void testExceptionsConvertCloseNoLead() { 
  myGenHelpers gh = new myGenHelpers();

Lead testLead = gh.getUptimeTestLead();
  insert testLead;

testLead.LastName = null;

myLeadConvertCloseExtension lcc = new myLeadConvertCloseExtension(new ApexPages.StandardController(testLead));
   lcc.save();
}

Last week, and still in production, this test passes successfully.  However, today, it fails.

The problem is in this code segment:

try {
	                update this.myLead;
                } catch (DmlException e) {
                    for (Integer i = 0; i < e.getNumDml(); i++) {
				    	System.debug('myClass.save: error: ' + e.getDmlMessage(i));
                        this.myLead.addError(e.getDmlMessage(i)); 
                    }
                    return null;
                }

Instead the error being handled gracefully, the test just fails at the upsert.

Any thoughts?

I have two validation rules on a custom object, and I am trying to display all the failed validation rules at once in my visualforce page.

I am using <apex:pageMessages/> to render all the messages at once at the top of the page.

And I am catching the Exception in Apex as follows:

try { insert mycustomobject; } catch(Exception ex) { ApexPages.addMessages(ex); }

I entered the criteria in my fields which will cause both the validations to fail, but when I try to save only ONE validation error is displayed, when I fix the erro causing field and save again only then the second validation error is displayed. WHY is it so? when the docs clearly say,  "When one validation rule fails, Salesforce continues to check any additional validation rules on that field or any other field on the page and displays all appropriate error messages at once." 

https://login.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/fields_validation_considerations.htm

• September 09, 2011

Has anyone been experiencing extreme slowness in the cs5 instance since yesterday? It's so slow that even logging in takes a few attempts, forget about writing code, I haven't been able to code a single line since yesterday. On the other hand the na10 instance is normal.

I even tried connect from the IDE, when I refresh from the server I get the 'Unable to refresh resource/Connect reset' message.

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I thought to give it a shot.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hello,

I use both online editor and eclipse to work on Apex and Visualforce code. For some reason when I do Refresh From Server, my local files are still old version.

I am using

Force.com version 15.0.1.200903241010

Eclipse 3.4.2 build M20090211-1700

In order to get correct version I have to delete the project and re-create it.

With best regards,

Pavel