• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Opportunity has two fields I want to reference in another custom object, Owner and CloseDate.  For CloseDate I created a formula field returning a date and simply referenced the date field using Opportunity__r.CloseDate.  I tried the same method for Owner.  I created a formula field returning text and referenced the owner with Opportunity__r.Owner.  The former works.  The latter gives a syntax error stating Owner is not a field.

When I check the Opportunity object it says the field name is "Owner".  What is wrong?  A possible clue is that Owner is data type Lookup(User).

Opportunity has two fields I want to reference in another custom object, Owner and CloseDate.  For CloseDate I created a formula field returning a date and simply referenced the date field using Opportunity__r.CloseDate.  I tried the same method for Owner.  I created a formula field returning text and referenced the owner with Opportunity__r.Owner.  The former works.  The latter gives a syntax error stating Owner is not a field.

When I check the Opportunity object it says the field name is "Owner".  What is wrong?  A possible clue is that Owner is data type Lookup(User).