• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi Everyone -

I have a custom object with a master detail relationship to the opportunity object. I would like to create workflow rules on the custom object that uses criteria from the Opportunity. I can build the criteria on the workflow, but the workflow is not firing...

Here is what my criteria looks like:

AND(
ISPICKVAL( Project_Leader__c , "Joe Smith"),
ISPICKVAL( Opportunity__r.StageName , "Closed Won")
)

The first criteria is from the custom object and the second is from the opportunity.

1) Can I write criteria for workflow rules in the manner described above?

2) If so, what are the limitations?

Thank you!

So, I have two custom objects... Customers and Letters. Customers is essentially a modified contact object which displays an individual's name, email, etc... Letters is an object that is created whenever our product is ordered (i.e.: a letter). These two objects work just like a Contact/Opportunity relationship would; tied together. 

The only issue is that, currently, we have no way of attatching the customer's email to the Letters object. I'm trying to get it there so I can then send automated emails to customers when their product is shipped.

Any hints? 

• February 07, 2012

Hi everybody,

how can I refresh my developer edition environment?

Thanks in advance.

• February 06, 2012

Hi,

On my accounts object, I have a picklist field called Type with two values(Type1, Type2).

i have accounts with Type1 and accounts with Type2. There is a lookup field called parent account.

Now, from the lookuop field I can select a Type2 account.

So, each Type1 account will have a Type 2 account associated to it. I will need to count the number of accounts with Type1 under each Type2 account. Any idea how I can do this ?

Note that we are dealing with just one object Account. So, I cannot use roll-up summary field.

The only way to do this is by using triggers. Any ideas howcan I do this.

I have no idea how to write a trigger.

Thanks,

Vineeth.

• March 12, 2012

Hi,

On my accounts object, I have a picklist field called Type with two values(Type1, Type2).

i have accounts with Type1 and accounts with Type2.

There is a lookup field called parent account.

So, each Type1 account will have a Type 2 account associated to it.

I will need to count the number of accounts with Type1 under each Type2 account.

Any idea how I can do this ?

Note that we are dealing with just one object Account. So, I cannot use roll-up summary fields

thanks,

Vineeth.

• March 07, 2012

I am fairly new to apex.

I have two custom objects Obj1__c and Obj2__c. These two are related objects.

I have a field Status__c on Obj1__c which is a picklist with 5 values and I also have a field Status__c on Obj2__c which is a picklist again with 5 values.

Now, my question is, When the Status__c on Obj1__c is set to value4 or value5 then, I need to change the value of Status__c on Obj2 to value4 or value5 respectively. How can I do that using triggers? Any ideas?

• August 16, 2011

I have created a custom button on a custom object called "Contact". which is of type "Onclick Execute JavaScript".

I have got "window.close()" in the button code.

I want to use this button on the Visualforce page.

Once the user clicks on the button, the browser window should close. Any ideas on how to use the custom button on the visualforce page ? 

• August 02, 2011

Hi all,       

I want to create a object in different Users. For eg i login User A , I created one contact record and assign CreatedBy field in Different user(like UserB,User C etc).Is it possible?

Thanks

Azar

Hello

Can someone please tell me where i am going wrong with this code? The saveURL is simly not being executed, and the record stays on the newly created record after save. If you cancel, yes, it does revert back to the parent, but the save ALWAYS stays on the child, where i would like it to go back to the parent (ticket is the parent, ticket comment is the child)

/apex/AddComment?CF00N90000002Fdf1={!miiHelpDeskT2__Ticket__c.Name}&CF00N90000002Fdf1_lkid={!miiHelpDeskT2__Ticket__c.Id}&CF00N90000002Fdf8{!miiHelpDeskT2__Ticket__c.miiHelpDeskT2__Ticket_Manager_Name__c}&CF00N90000002Fdf8_lkid={!miiHelpDeskT2__Ticket__c.miiHelpDeskT2__Ticket_Manager_NameId__c}&CF00N90000002zw4A_lkid={!miiHelpDeskT2__Ticket__c.miiHelpDeskT2__Subject__c}&CF00N90000002zw4F_lkid={!miiHelpDeskT2__Ticket__c.miiHelpDeskT2__Description__c}&sfdc.override=1&retURL=%2F{!miiHelpDeskT2__Ticket__c.Id}&saveURL=%2F{!miiHelpDeskT2__Ticket__c.Id}

Its worth mentioning that without the below part, the whole custom button does not work

&sfdc.override=1

Hello all you workflow exprts. I'm certain this COULD be done with Apex, but that's not what I'm trying to find out.

Upon new Account creation, I need some workflow actions to fire immediately - that part is done. THEN, I need follow up actions to fire every year on the anniversary of the creation date, forever into the future, based off that same initial WF rule. This seems like a simple request, but I've worked through the logic and I'm not sure it can be done with just workflows.

I'm pretty sure this can only be done with Apex, but I'd like to hear it from an expert. Thanks!

Gabe

Hi All,

Is it possible for formulas to access other objects specified in the current object as a relationship?  For example, on accounts, I require a field that displays the number of active contracts.  Naturally, I've had a look around the formula editor and none of the options appear to offer this functionality - is it even possible via formulas?

Cheers,

James

Hi Everyone -

I have a custom object with a master detail relationship to the opportunity object. I would like to create workflow rules on the custom object that uses criteria from the Opportunity. I can build the criteria on the workflow, but the workflow is not firing...

Here is what my criteria looks like:

AND(
ISPICKVAL( Project_Leader__c , "Joe Smith"),
ISPICKVAL( Opportunity__r.StageName , "Closed Won")
)

The first criteria is from the custom object and the second is from the opportunity.

1) Can I write criteria for workflow rules in the manner described above?

2) If so, what are the limitations?

Thank you!

Hi,

Can someone help me to query some fields of Opportunity along with contact fields.

Opportunity has a field Account and there are contacts for this account. I want to retrieve some fields of opportunity and fields of contacts with the accountId .

Please help..

• March 21, 2012

Hi,

I've modified some code to clone an opportunity, one issue i am getting is that when the opportunity is closing, the closedate field is changing to 01/01/2099 when i clone the record.

if i add in newOpp[0].CloseDate = "{!Opportunity.CloseDate}" then when i clone the record i get and error "undefined"

please can someone help me as this i'm a bit stuck with this!!

try{ 

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/14.0/connection.js")} 

// ** EDIT THIS QUERY TO LIST THE FIELDS YOU WANT TO COPY **

var result = sforce.connection.query("Select o.Type, o.StageName, o.Amount, o.AccountId, LOB__c, Policy_Reference__c, Underwriter__c, Binder_Open_Market__c, Expiry_Date__c, Source__c, Excess__c, Commission__c, Sector__c, Inception_Date__c, CloseDate, Renewal_Date__c, Broker_Contact__c, Related_Broker__c, ELTO_ERN__c, renewal_cloned_opportunity__c, ELTO_Policy_Type__c From Opportunity o WHERE o.Id = '{!Opportunity.Id}'"); 

var newOpp = result.getArray("records"); 

// Reset the Opp Id and reset fields to default values 

newOpp[0].Id = ''; 
   newOpp[0].Name = "{!Opportunity.Name} - Renewal - {!YEAR( TODAY() +365)} "; 

// ** EDIT THESE FIELDS TO SET DEFAULT ANY VALUES **
newOpp[0].StageName = "RWL - TBQ"; 
newOpp[0].CloseDate = new Date(2099, 0, 1);
newOpp[0].LOB__c = "{!Opportunity.LOB__c}";
newOpp[0].Policy_Reference__c = "{!Opportunity.Policy_Reference__c}";
newOpp[0].Underwriter__c = "{!Opportunity.Underwriter__c}";
newOpp[0].Binder_Open_Market__c = "{!Opportunity.Binder_Open_Market__c}";
newOpp[0].Source__c = "Holding Broker";
newOpp[0].Related_Broker__c = "{!Opportunity.Related_BrokerId__c}";
newOpp[0].Broker_Contact__c = "{!Opportunity.Broker_ContactId__c}";
newOpp[0].Sector__c = "{!Opportunity.Sector__c}";
newOpp[0].ELTO_ERN__c = "{!Opportunity.ELTO_ERN__c}";
newOpp[0].ELTO_Policy_Type__c = "{!Opportunity.ELTO_Policy_Type__c }";
newOpp[0].renewal_cloned_opportunity__c = "TRUE";

var saveResult = sforce.connection.create(newOpp); 

if (saveResult[0].getBoolean("success")) { 
      newOpp[0].id = saveResult[0].id;
      alert("New Renewal Created"); 
   } 
   else { 
      alert("Failed to create clone: " + saveResult[0]); 
   }

// Refresh the page to display the new oppportunity
   window.location = newOpp[0].id; 
} 
catch (err) { 
   alert (err.description ); 
}

Hi,

i have accounts with Type1 and accounts with Type2. There is a lookup field called parent account.

So, each Type1 account will have a Type 2 account associated to it. I will need to count the number of accounts with Type1 under each Type2 account. Any idea how I can do this ?

Note that we are dealing with just one object Account. So, I cannot use roll-up summary field.

The only way to do this is by using triggers. Any ideas howcan I do this.

I have no idea how to write a trigger.

Thanks,

Vineeth.

• March 12, 2012

I want to be able to have the same Tabs for all users in the Professional Edition. I know how to do it in the Enterprise, but since there are no profiles in Professional, I don't see how this it done. As the Administrator, I don't want to have to log into each user to change their tabs.

Hi,

i have accounts with Type1 and accounts with Type2.

There is a lookup field called parent account.

So, each Type1 account will have a Type 2 account associated to it.

I will need to count the number of accounts with Type1 under each Type2 account.

Any idea how I can do this ?

Note that we are dealing with just one object Account. So, I cannot use roll-up summary fields

thanks,

Vineeth.

• March 07, 2012

Hi there, 

Can someone guide me or help me accomplish the following? 

I would like to have an email alert sent to the Account owner when an event is associated to it for a spcific oppertunity. 

for example, 

An Agent who is working with a referred client (who is owned by someone else in the company to sell a product that pretains to his line of business) asks the his assistant to book a meeting for him, I would like a notice to go out to the actual account owner notifying them of the meeting Date and Time ..etc   

Thanks.

• February 09, 2012

How do I edit related list label without modufying label of custom object?

Hi All,

I would like to prepare for DEV 401 exam would you please send the links and material to my mail id mahender.maram@gmail.com.

• February 03, 2012

I am working on a project in the NPSP. I'm very new to coding so am hoping to get some guidance on how to go about doing a couple of things on the Donation (Opportunity) object:

1. There are two lookup fields - one to a custom object called "Funds" and one to Campaigns. I need to enter a Fund via lookup, then have the Campaign field default to the "Default Campaign" value from that Fund record but be overrideable (so can't use formula).
  2. There is an auto-number field on the Donation. There are situations where I would need to clone the Donation record and override the auto-number to populate that field on the clones with the original Donation record rather than a new auto-number.

Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated!!

Missy