• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all,

I am new to Salesforce mobile development,

I am  confused about the salesforce mobile, salesforce sdk which is different for android, ios and the salesforce touch platform.

Can some one give an overview difference for all of the above.

Regards,

Sushma

Can some provide some useful links for the starting development in sales force touch platform?
I have already setup, sales force mobile sdk in eclipse setup, but I want to work on sales force touch
How to download the controls for the mobile development, also some tutorial examples for the starting the touch development?

Regards,
Sushma

Hi all,

I have a wrapper class which contains a list of sobjects, i want to have th sorting on the fields of these objects in the wrapper list:

The apex code is as follows:

Class jobsWrapper
{
public JobSuite__Job__c job {get;set;}
public JobSuite__Job_Task__c jobTasks{get;set;}
public JobsWrapper(JobSuite__Job__c objjobs, JobSuite__Job_Task__c objjobTasks)
{
// if(jobTasks== NULL){jobTasks = new List<Job_Task__c>();}
job = objjobs;
jobTasks = objjobTasks;
}

public JobsWrapper()
{
if(jobTasks== NULL){jobTasks = new JobSuite__Job_Task__c();}
if(job == NULL){job = new JobSuite__Job__c();}

}
}

i want to allow sorting the wrapper list by the fields in the job - like client, jobname, jobnumber etc and fields from the task object as taskname, reviseddue dateetc.

How can i do this?

Please help, thanks in advance.

I have a vf page where i have few columns and i have used inline editing for the columns, the code is as follows:

<apex:commandButton value="Add Session" action="{!createNewSession}" id="btnAddSession"/>
    <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}" id="btnSave" style="display:none"/>
    <apex:commandButton value="Cancel" action="{!cancel}" id="btnCancel" style="display:none" reRender="PanelId"/>
    <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!lstSessions}" var="Session" rendered="{!lstSessions.size>0}" id="pbt">
     <apex:column headerValue="{!$ObjectType.Session__c.Fields.Session_Status__c.Label}">
     <apex:outputField value="{!Session.Session_Status__c}"/>
     </apex:column>
     <apex:column headerValue="{!$ObjectType.Session__c.Fields.GL_Department__c.Label}">
     <apex:outputField value="{!Session.GL_Department__c}"/>
      <apex:column headerValue="{!$ObjectType.Session__c.Fields.Quantity__c.Label}">
     <apex:actionRegion >
     <table border="0" id="table_quantity">
       <tr>
        <td border="0">
          <apex:outputField value="{!Session.Quantity__c}">    <apex:inlineEditSupport event="ondblClick" showOnEdit="btnSave,btnCancel" hideOnEdit="btnAddSession" rendered="{!Session.Session_Status__c != 'Booked'}"/>                                </apex:outputField>
       </td>
       </tr>
       </table>
     </apex:actionRegion>

<apex:column headerValue="{!$ObjectType.Session__c.Fields.Unit_Cost__c.Label}">
    <apex:actionRegion >
      <table border="0" id="table_unit_cost">
      <tr>
     <td border="0">
     <apex:outputField value="{!Session.Unit_Cost__c}">                                     <apex:inlineEditSupport event="ondblClick" showOnEdit="btnSave,btnCancel" hideOnEdit="btnAddSession" rendered="{!Session.Session_Status__c != 'Booked'}"/>
     </apex:outputField>
         </td>
       </tr>
      </table>
      </apex:actionRegion>
    </apex: pageBlockTable>

The inline editing is not consistent it is working for the first column, but it is not working for the first record in the second column, but it is working for all the remaining records in the second column.

Please reply,
Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I want to customize the email template sent on the chatter post of the record with the @user full name to have some fields from the record.

Is this possible, or how can I achieve this?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

I have a page block table whilch has two columns one with the data nad the other with two buttons to move the records up and down.

I am not able to rerender the column on the change.

The code is as below:

<apex:page controller="TabOrderCustomSetting" id="page1">

<apex:form >
    <apex:pageBlock title="Tab Order in Job Details" id="pb">

<apex:pageblockTable value="{!objlist}" var="v" style="width:700px" id="Pgb" >

<apex:column id="col1"> <apex:actionregion id="ar" >   <apex:outputPanel value="{!v.Name}" style="width:20px"/>&nbsp;&nbsp;  <apex:outputText value="{!v.Order__c}" style="width:20px"/>&nbsp;&nbsp; </apex:outputPanel > </apex:column>  

<apex:column >
                <apex:commandButton value="Up"  title="Move Up" action="{!MoveUp}" reRender="ar" >   <apex:param name="strTabID" value="{!v.id}" assignTo="{!tabid}"/> </apex:commandButton>
                      &nbsp;
                        <apex:commandButton value="Down"  title="Move Down" action="{!MoveDown}"  reRender="ar"> <apex:param name="strTabID"  value="{!v.id}" assignTo="{!tabid}"/></apex:commandButton>

</apex:pageblockTable>            
        </apex:pageBlock>

</apex:form>  
</apex:page>

Please can someone suggest how can I achive this.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sushma

Hi,

I want to show the vf page on the first installation of the managed package, or it can be the custom setting page should open up on installation, where the user will add all the custom settings on the first installation.

Is this possible, how can I do this?

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sushma

Hi,

I have a managed package and I want to add a new autonumber field in the object which is a part of the package in my developer org itself.

Managed package does not allow adding a new autonumber field.

Can some one suggest what else can I do to achive this? Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

I am new to Salesforce mobile development,

I am  confused about the salesforce mobile, salesforce sdk which is different for android, ios and the salesforce touch platform.

Can some one give an overview difference for all of the above.

Regards,

Sushma

Hi all,

I have a wrapper class which contains a list of sobjects, i want to have th sorting on the fields of these objects in the wrapper list:

The apex code is as follows:

Class jobsWrapper
{
public JobSuite__Job__c job {get;set;}
public JobSuite__Job_Task__c jobTasks{get;set;}
public JobsWrapper(JobSuite__Job__c objjobs, JobSuite__Job_Task__c objjobTasks)
{
// if(jobTasks== NULL){jobTasks = new List<Job_Task__c>();}
job = objjobs;
jobTasks = objjobTasks;
}

public JobsWrapper()
{
if(jobTasks== NULL){jobTasks = new JobSuite__Job_Task__c();}
if(job == NULL){job = new JobSuite__Job__c();}

}
}

i want to allow sorting the wrapper list by the fields in the job - like client, jobname, jobnumber etc and fields from the task object as taskname, reviseddue dateetc.

How can i do this?

Please help, thanks in advance.

Hi all,

I have a page block table whilch has two columns one with the data nad the other with two buttons to move the records up and down.

I am not able to rerender the column on the change.

The code is as below:

<apex:page controller="TabOrderCustomSetting" id="page1">

<apex:pageBlock title="Tab Order in Job Details" id="pb">

<apex:pageblockTable value="{!objlist}" var="v" style="width:700px" id="Pgb" >

<apex:column id="col1"> <apex:actionregion id="ar" >   <apex:outputPanel value="{!v.Name}" style="width:20px"/>&nbsp;&nbsp;  <apex:outputText value="{!v.Order__c}" style="width:20px"/>&nbsp;&nbsp; </apex:outputPanel > </apex:column>  

<apex:column >
                <apex:commandButton value="Up"  title="Move Up" action="{!MoveUp}" reRender="ar" >   <apex:param name="strTabID" value="{!v.id}" assignTo="{!tabid}"/> </apex:commandButton>
                      &nbsp;
                        <apex:commandButton value="Down"  title="Move Down" action="{!MoveDown}"  reRender="ar"> <apex:param name="strTabID"  value="{!v.id}" assignTo="{!tabid}"/></apex:commandButton>

</apex:pageblockTable>            

Please can someone suggest how can I achive this.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sushma

Hi,

I have a little problem with "In line Editing".

In My Visualforce Page I displayed Records in Page Block Table Using Wrapper class and placed In Line Editing to the Fields.

While I am editing and click on "SaveAll" Button. Its saving.working fine.

But the First Record in the Table Is not Upadating to Database.It is Showing the Previous values.

In that first row, I have one Pick list field, When i changed that pick list value That row is Saved withat pick list.But the Remaining Fields<which are present in First row is not Updating.

Can anyone Suggest me How to Achieve this........

Hi,

I want to show the vf page on the first installation of the managed package, or it can be the custom setting page should open up on installation, where the user will add all the custom settings on the first installation.

Is this possible, how can I do this?

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sushma

Hi,

I have a pretty simple custom component that is in a managed package and deployed to an organization that has no namespace. In this case, Salesforce seem to be having an issue resolving the correct namespace. Here is the simplest way of reproducing the issue:

1, First create a custom page that will be the target of our button that is in our custom component:

<apex:page >
  <h1>Target Page</h1>

2. Create a custom controller called TestController:

global with sharing class TestController
{

public TestController()
    {

}

public PageReference goToNextPage()
    {

return Page.test__TestNextPage__c;
    }

static testMethod void runTestCases()
    {
        TestController t = new TestController();
        system.assertEquals(t.goToNextPage().getUrl(), Page.test__TestNextPage__c.getUrl());
    }   
}

3. Now create a custom component that will use the above controller:

<apex:component controller="TestController" allowDML="true" access="global">

<h1>Test componet</h1>
     <apex:pageBlock id="testBlock" title="Test Block" rendered="true">

<apex:pageBlockButtons location="top">
            <apex:commandButton action="{!goToNextPage}" rendered="true" value="Go To Next Page" disabled="false" />
         </apex:pageBlockButtons>

</apex:component>

4. Now package this up as a managed package and deploy it into an ORG that has no namespace defined.

5. In the new ORG, create a new custom visualforce page that will use the packaged test component:

<apex:page >
  <h1>Test Page</h1>

<test:TestComponent id="testComponent" rendered="true" />

6. Now when you navigate to the page, and click on the "Go To Next Page" button you get the following error:

URL No Longer Exists

If you then add a namespace to the same ORG, the button starts working. Any ideas, suggestions?

Thanks!

Does anyone know of any way for a developer to provide a managed visualforce page inside a managed package that customers can override with their own visualforce page layout and/or controller logic? The use case is we have an out of the box visualforce page in our managed package that users want to customize to add their own custom fields the as well as add some logic to the page that pre-populates some of the fields when it is loaded based on some logic. While this could easily be done with s-controls or unmanaged code, is there a way to do this using managed code?
  • May 14, 2010