• 50 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We have built a connection to our proprietary system, and we are also using Marketo. We have the Person Account feature active as well. I was wondering, when dealing with SF API, is the Person Account field Mailing Address the same field (aka provide the same information) as the Contact field Mailing Address on a person account record. Is that even how Person Accounts work?

Hi All,

Can we use our own URL for retURL parameter? I tried to use one of my page's URL. But It is not working. Is there any specific way to use such URL in retURL parameter?

Following example URL is of  enter New Employee (Employee__c object)

https://ap1.salesforce.com/a07/e?retURL=%2Fa07%2Fo

custom page URL

https://c.ap1.visual.force.com/apex/InlineContact

Thanks in Advance

--

Chamil Madusanka

We have built a connection to our proprietary system, and we are also using Marketo. We have the Person Account feature active as well. I was wondering, when dealing with SF API, is the Person Account field Mailing Address the same field (aka provide the same information) as the Contact field Mailing Address on a person account record. Is that even how Person Accounts work?

Sorry if this question has already been asked, but I couldn't find it elsewhere. I written a custom CTI adapter that is to be sold onto customers. The documentation states the following on page 23:

salesforce_cti_developer_guide.pdf 

If you are creating a CTI adapter directly from a salesforce.com CTI Toolkit, request a client key from Salesforce Support and use it to update the following constant in CTIAppExchange.h:

#define CTI_CLIENT_KEY L"<your_client_key_value_here>"

I contacted support towards the end of July and they didn't seem to know what I was talking about, but opened a case and said it would be sorted for me. After it being passed between departments, support are now ignoring my emails.

My question is basically, does anyone know the correct procedure for requesting the required client key? I've started to get a lot of pressure from my customer, as they've been able to trial it, but not roll it out.

Rgds,

Martin.

Hi All,

Can we use our own URL for retURL parameter? I tried to use one of my page's URL. But It is not working. Is there any specific way to use such URL in retURL parameter?

Following example URL is of  enter New Employee (Employee__c object)

https://ap1.salesforce.com/a07/e?retURL=%2Fa07%2Fo

custom page URL

https://c.ap1.visual.force.com/apex/InlineContact

Thanks in Advance

--

Chamil Madusanka

Hi

on clicking a custom link from Account, i am trying to create contact. It first opens a new contact window and passes in accountId parameter along with retURL parameter. after the contact record is saved i am redirecting it to a document (you can see retURL )

parent.frames.location.replace("/003/e?accid={!Account.Id}&retURL=%2Fservlet%2Fservlet.Integration?lid=01H400000000hT9")

for some reason, after the contact record is saved i am redirecting to the newly created record. When it should have been redirected to the document, since the ret URL is coded for.

Can someone please advise what is wrong with the above code? why it is not redirecting to the document???? Please Advise

Thanks

• April 19, 2011
I'm building a pricing tool and from this tool users can add products. I really don't want to reinvent the functionality of adding products that already exists. I am trying to create a button that sends the user to the out of the box add products functionality and then when completed it should return the user to the visual force page.

I am failing big time. The code below is what I have and it appears to be populating the retURL parameter correctly but this doesn't work at all. If you hit cancel in the add products tool or save it always returns you to the opp, not the visualforce page which is what I want.

Does anyone know of other URL parameters I need to add to make this work? Is it even possible?

Page:
<apex:page controller="addProductsRedirect">
<apex:outputField value="{!opp.Id}"/>-
<apex:outputField value="{!opp.Name}"/>

<apex:form >
<apex:commandLink value="Add Product" action="{!addProduct}">
<apex:param name="addProductsURL" value="{!URLFOR($Action.OpportunityLineItem.AddProduct)}" assignTo="{!addProductsURL}"/>
</apex:commandLink>
</apex:form>
{!URLFOR($Action.OpportunityLineItem.AddProduct)}
</apex:page>

Controller:
public class addProductsRedirect {

Opportunity opp;
public String addProductsURL {get; set;}

public Opportunity getOpp(){
if(opp == null){
opp = [select Id, Name from Opportunity limit 1];
}
return opp;
}

public PageReference addProduct(){
PageReference p = new PageReference(addProductsURL );
p.getParameters().put('addTo',opp.Id);
p.setRedirect(true);
return p;
}
}

Much thanks,

Jason

Message Edited by TehNrd on 12-15-2009 12:25 PM
  • December 15, 2009
The following formula will calculate the number of working days (inclusive) between 2 dates. A working day is defined as Monday to Friday. Even if the start or end dates are a weekend, these are accommodated.

IF(AND((5 - (CASE(MOD( Start_Date__c - DATE(1900, 1, 6), 7), 0, 0, 1, 5, 2, 5, 3, 4, 4, 3, 5, 2, 6, 1, 0)) < (CASE(MOD(  End_Date__c  - DATE(1900, 1, 6), 7), 0, 0, 1, 0, 2, 1, 3, 2, 4, 3, 5, 4, 6, 5, 0)) ),
((( End_Date__c  -   Start_Date__c ) + 1) < 7)),
((CASE(MOD(  End_Date__c  - DATE(1900, 1, 6), 7), 0, 0, 1, 0, 2, 1, 3, 2, 4, 3, 5, 4, 6, 5, 0)) - (5 - (CASE(MOD(  Start_Date__c  - DATE(1900, 1, 6), 7), 0, 0, 1, 5, 2, 5, 3, 4, 4, 3, 5, 2, 6, 1, 0)))),
(((FLOOR((( End_Date__c  -  Start_Date__c ) - (CASE(MOD(  Start_Date__c  - DATE(1900, 1, 6), 7), 0, 0, 1, 6, 2, 5, 3, 4, 4, 3, 5, 2, 6, 1, 0))) / 7)) * 5) +
(CASE(MOD(  Start_Date__c  - DATE(1900, 1, 6), 7), 0, 0, 1, 5, 2, 5, 3, 4, 4, 3, 5, 2, 6, 1, 0)) +
(CASE(MOD(  End_Date__c  - DATE(1900, 1, 6), 7), 0, 0, 1, 0, 2, 1, 3, 2, 4, 3, 5, 4, 6, 5, 0))))

The Start Date and End Date fields are custom in the above example and can be replaced as required. If use of a DateTime field is required then the DATEVALUE function will be required.

I also recommend a simple field validation rule is added to check that the End Date is after the Start Date.
  • January 05, 2009