• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

In the dev docs, it states:

"Beginning with API version 20.0, an inputField matched to a field with a default value has the default value prepopulated on the Visualforce page."

This functionality works fine when the object is instantiated in the constructor on page load. However, I need to develop a page that renders different objects on a certain part of the page based on the click of a button by the user. When I instantiate this object in a controller action method from the user's click, the default value does NOT appear. Is this standard functionality? I am using an <apex:inputField /> as the document describes. 

Thanks in advance for the help!

Hi all,

I'm trying to create an email template for to send lead information to our partner (who is not in SFDC).  I can create everything I need but one of the requirements is that we show the partner all the campaigns that are associated with the lead as well as the more pedantic Name, Address, Phone, etc.

I've tried adding {!CampaignMember.Campaign Name} and {!Campaign.Name}both to no avail (they're just blank). How can I specify a one-to-many join on CampaignMember to Lead?

Is VF the only way to achieve this (ugh I am a total VF newbie)? I can think of umpteen ways to solve this with .NET integration but I'd like to try to keep it simple and within SFDC.

Thanks very much.

• February 17, 2010