• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have migrated my changes to another sandbox and when sending an outbound message the delivery failure reason is 'version mismatch'.  It worked fine in the other sandbox.  Has anyone seen this before?  Any ideas?  Thanks

I have a business requirement to build a formula that calculate how complete the data is on a custom record and then return a corresponding image (green, yellow, red traffic lights).  

As part of this requirement I need to count the # of characters in a long text field.  Unfortunately, long text fields can not be used as part of a Formula, otherwise I would use len(long_text_field__c) < 100 as part of my equation.

Plan B is to use a trigger to count the # of characters in the long_text_field__c and insert into count_of_long_text_field__c.  Only one issue here - apex is a mystery to me.

While I am not a programmer, I attempted to find some javascript code online and change it to work in a trigger.  I didn't find anything simple enough that will allow me to make an honest attempt at buildling my first trigger.

Can someone help me get started here?