• 25 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I would like to further breakdown our account page into tabs, but not only for the Related Lists.

Is it possible to have a tab which corresponds to one of the sections within the Account page?  Obviously, it would be possible to construct the entire thing field by field, but is there a quicker way to do it by referencing the section itself (and therefore getting all of the fields that are already defined within it?

I was looking for a way to reference the page section by name or ID, but there doesn't appear to be a way to do that for an entire section at a time.

Any ideas?

• September 08, 2011

I have a Visualforce page which displays a contact record and allows inline editing. When I make an inline edit that triggers a validation error, the page returns to a non-editing state and displays the error message. The main problem here is that the non-editing state shows that the changes have been made when in fact they are not. I need the page to stay in inline edit mode so the user understands that the changes have not taken place, and can correct the issue.

Here is the relevant code:

<apex:page standardController="Contact" showHeader="true" tabStyle="contact" >

<apex:form >
          <apex:pageBlock mode="inlineEdit">
            <apex:pageBlockButtons >
                <apex:commandButton action="{!edit}" id="editButton" value="Edit" />
                <apex:commandButton action="{!delete}" id="deleteButton" value="Delete" onclick="return confirm('Are you sure?');" />
                <apex:commandButton action="{!save}" id="saveButton" value="Save" style="display: none;"/>
                <apex:commandButton onclick="resetInlineEdit()" id="cancelButton" value="Cancel" style="display: none;"/>
            </apex:pageBlockButtons>
          <apex:outputPanel id="outpanel">
          <apex:pageMessages />
          <apex:pageBlockSection title="Contact Details" columns="2">
              <apex:repeat value="{!$ObjectType.Contact.FieldSets.ContactDetails}" var="f">
                  <apex:outputField value="{!Contact[f]}">
                      <apex:inlineEditSupport showOnEdit="saveButton, cancelButton" 
                        hideOnEdit="editButton,deleteButton" event="ondblclick" 
                        changedStyleClass="myBoldClass" resetFunction="resetInlineEdit"/>
                  </apex:outputField>
              </apex:repeat>
          </apex:pageBlockSection>

</apex:outputPanel>
          </apex:pageBlock>
          </apex:form>
</apex:page>

An additional note: I have attempted to use the quicksave action on the Save CommandButton.

Thanks for your assistance,

Corey

• September 08, 2011

I have a Visualforce page which displays a contact record and allows inline editing. When I make an inline edit that triggers a validation error, the page returns to a non-editing state and displays the error message. The main problem here is that the non-editing state shows that the changes have been made when in fact they are not. I need the page to stay in inline edit mode so the user understands that the changes have not taken place, and can correct the issue.

Here is the relevant code:

<apex:page standardController="Contact" showHeader="true" tabStyle="contact" >

<apex:form >
          <apex:pageBlock mode="inlineEdit">
            <apex:pageBlockButtons >
                <apex:commandButton action="{!edit}" id="editButton" value="Edit" />
                <apex:commandButton action="{!delete}" id="deleteButton" value="Delete" onclick="return confirm('Are you sure?');" />
                <apex:commandButton action="{!save}" id="saveButton" value="Save" style="display: none;"/>
                <apex:commandButton onclick="resetInlineEdit()" id="cancelButton" value="Cancel" style="display: none;"/>
            </apex:pageBlockButtons>
          <apex:outputPanel id="outpanel">
          <apex:pageMessages />
          <apex:pageBlockSection title="Contact Details" columns="2">
              <apex:repeat value="{!$ObjectType.Contact.FieldSets.ContactDetails}" var="f">
                  <apex:outputField value="{!Contact[f]}">
                      <apex:inlineEditSupport showOnEdit="saveButton, cancelButton" 
                        hideOnEdit="editButton,deleteButton" event="ondblclick" 
                        changedStyleClass="myBoldClass" resetFunction="resetInlineEdit"/>
                  </apex:outputField>
              </apex:repeat>
          </apex:pageBlockSection>

</apex:outputPanel>
          </apex:pageBlock>
          </apex:form>
</apex:page>

An additional note: I have attempted to use the quicksave action on the Save CommandButton.

Thanks for your assistance,

Corey

• September 08, 2011

I would like to further breakdown our account page into tabs, but not only for the Related Lists.

Is it possible to have a tab which corresponds to one of the sections within the Account page?  Obviously, it would be possible to construct the entire thing field by field, but is there a quicker way to do it by referencing the section itself (and therefore getting all of the fields that are already defined within it?

I was looking for a way to reference the page section by name or ID, but there doesn't appear to be a way to do that for an entire section at a time.

Any ideas?

• September 08, 2011