• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi Friends,

I have to use the RSS Feed in Force.com Site which we developed for our client. I need to know the information about RSS Feed.

- What is RSS Feed?

- Why it is used in Force.com Sites?

- How to use this in Saleforce.com developed Sites?

I need information on this, how to use the RSS Feed in sites. Please help me in this.

Thanks in advance.

Reagrds,

Phanikumar

Hi Friends,

I got one requirement to render the HTML Code on the VF Page where that HTML code is stored in object as a text.

For example, In the object, i entered the text like : "Simply <a href="www.google.com">click</a> here to connect to Google."

so, now when i retreive the data from that object, and display on the page, then it displays like as below:

"Simply <a href="www.google.com">click</a> here to connect to Google." as we entered the data in the object.

Now, my requirement is the above text should be displayed on the page like as below:

Simply click here to connect to Google. (just like HTML Code).

How to rendered the text as HTML Code on the page.

Please help me to solve this. Thanks in advance...........

Regards,

Phanikumar

Hi Friends,

We developed site for internal usage for our client. In that, we implemented the trigger email notifications for certain actions. Now, i want to change the display names of the email.

I changed the settings in Setup>Customize>Customer Portal> Customer Portal: Under Email Notification Settings--

I changed the name for "From Email Name : info@xyz.com". Initially, it has the email of our administrator email name like "crm.admin@xyz.com".

I have to change the display settings for email notifications such as, email coming from showing that from "info@xyz.com" instead our existing user email id.

How to change these settings. Please suggest me to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Phanikumar

Hi Friends,

In my VF Page, we used two buttons "Save" and "Close". In Page, we are dispalying the current contacts for an Account.

When Clicking "Save"; the details are going to be stored/updated.

when clicking "Close"; the current window which is showing the details, has to be closed.

How to do that. I used javascript for this button on Event = onclick="closeWindow();"

I wrote the script as follows:

<script>

function closeWindow(){
            window.close();
        }

</script>

But, it is not working. Please suggest me, if any solutions are there.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Phanikumar

Hi Friends,

I have developed the page to show the contents of Partners details in a list of check boxes. Here, in that list, we have a option "other". when i select that check box, one text field has to show on the page.

Please suggest me how to write the javascript for this.

Thanks in advance.....

Regards,

Phanikumar

Hi Friends,

We developed one site for our client. In that, we used Site.ForgotPassword() to reset the user's password. In earlier, it worked fine. Now, with the same code, we are trying to reset the password, it is not working.

What could be the reasons for this, site.forgotpasswordI() isnot working.

Please suggest me how to solve this and what are reasons for not working it.

Regards,

Phanikumar

Hi Friends,

We developed a site for our client requirement. In that, we are using the CSS styles for page designs. Now, in our site, on the home page, we have to show the details about the company as sections wise.

In that, we are showing the sections for quarter sales - by selecting the quarter (drop-down list of quarters)

Events and Promotions conducted by the company and Order details of online purchase.

Here, initially, the section of the Order details overlapped with the adjuscant sections where as when we change the quarter ( selecting the option from drop down list), then this section automatically fits in the section. But, before that it was overlapped with the adjacent sections.

How to solve this. Please give me suggestions to solve this.

Regards,

Phanikumar

Hi Friends,

I developed one Visual force page for Contact Us. In that page, fields are provided for capturing the person details like name, company, query type, suggestion and contact number.

For contact number, we used Phone Datatype for it. But, the  thing is that it accepts the characters also. We wrote the validations for this not accepting if characters found in contact numbe value.

Now, we want to change the format contact number as following: country code+statecode+remaining phone number.

For ex:-

Contact Number : +91(44)-4200 4287 / +91 9962847510

Like this, we need to customize the format. Is there any other way to accepting contact number format. Otherwise, we need to write the validations in controller for accepting this format.

Please give me any suggestions to solve this.

Regards,

Phanikumar

Hi,

I need to create a custom portal user through apex. Actually, this user will create through contact object. But, i need to customize it. so, is there any chance to create a user through apex and that user should be the custom portal user.

Give me suggestions about this, how to create a user throught apex.

Thanks in advance..........

Regards,

Phanikumar

Hi,

The Standard Lead conversion process is that, converting a lead to Account,Contact and Opportunity. So, we want to customize this conversion process instead of creating the Account and Contact directly.

We are using two custom objects for our custom portal. So, in Lead conversion process, From Lead -> converted to Partner Contact -> Contact.

Partner and Partner Contact are the custom objects user for the standard objects of Account and Contact Objects.

Instead of creating a contact from Lead, can we customize that process as like below.

Lead -> Partner Contact(Custom Object) -> Contact(Standard Object).

There is a trigger on custom object, when a record is created in Partner Contact Object, autoamatically, same record will be create in Contact Object.

So, if there is any possible ways to customize the lead conversion process. Please let me know and help me in this scenario.

Thanks in advance..............

Regards,

Phanikumar

Hi Friends,

I scheduled on apex class which is used to perform the Batch Operations. In that, i need to capture the start time of the scheduled job of the apex class and wants to use in the apex code to send an email after completion of Batch Process.

I tried capturing the starttime from CronTrigger Object. But, it is not giving the correcct value.

I scheduled the apex class by using the Schedule Apex. In my sçhedule class, i just call the Batch Apex Class to perform the Batch Operation. In that, i am just using the below query to get the starttime of the schedule apex.

//Schedule class//

Global class POSProcessScheduler implements Schedulable{

Global void execute(SchedulableContext ctx) {

CronTrigger ct = [SELECT Id, CronExpression, StartTime, TimesTriggered, NextFireTime FROM CronTrigger WHERE Id =   :ctx.getTriggerId()];
        System.Debug('Schedule StartTime : '+ct.StartTime);
        System.Debug('TimesTriggered : '+ct.TimesTriggered);
        System.Debug('NextFireTime : '+ct.NextFireTime);

POSProcessBatch batch = new POSProcessBatch();
        batch.ScheduledTime = ct.StartTime;
        Database.executeBatch(batch,200);

}

}

Please suggest me, how to capture the start time of the schedule apex.

Regards,

Phanikumar

Hi Friends,

I have to customize the email template for uploading data into custom objects by using the import wizard. After, successful upload the data to the objects, we get a mail from support@jp.salesforce.com. That email, i need to customize with our designed one. Pls see the below screen shot for your reference.

Hi Friends,

I have to customize the email template for the completion of Batch Process. Generally, an email is coming from Salesforce.com, once any apex job is completed.

That email template has to be generated with our designed template. How to do that?

Regards,

Phanikumar

Hi Friends,

In my project, we developed one site for their internal use. In this, when the user clicks on the forgot password, an email goes to the user's email with temparory login details. We are using site.forgotpassword() for this. In this, an emailtemplate is used by SFDC to provide the login details with temparory password.

Now, we want to change that template. We want to use our own email template for this. How to do this?

Pls help me in this?

Regards,

Phanikumar

Hi Friends,

In my page, i want to display the order ref. no with the format as "yymmdd<6digitrandomnumber>".

Based on the current date, how to display the date in the format of "yymmdd".

Pls help in this to get the date in the required format.

Regards,

Phanikumar

Hi Friends,

I have created one portal user with the contact "Phani kumar". Now, i want to change the contact of that user to another contact called "ABC DEF". How to do this?

Regards,

Phanikumar

Hi Friends,

We have one object called "Address" which is used to store the address details. In this, object we have one standard field which is used to store the record name. Before that, we have two custom fields called "Address Line 1" and

"Address Line 2" .

Now, we want to delete the "Address Line 1" field and want to use the standard field (Address ID) for Address Line 1.

While changing the field datatype from Auto-Number to Text and change the label name from Address Id to Address Line 1.

In sandbox, these changes happened successfully. But, in production, label name is not able to renamed from Address Id to Address Line 1. Even, i changed the label name from Address Id to Address Line 1. But, it is showing as "Address Id". When, i click on edit the label, there the value is like "Address Line 1". But, on layout, it is appearing as "Address ID".

Friends, pls suggest me how to solve this....

Regards,

Phanikumar

Hi Friends,

We just developed one site for my client requirement. In that, we are using the standard functionalities of forgot password and change password functionalities. Now, the requirement is that we need to customize the functionality of change password. That means, we need to provide the facility for the user to change the password any time. we provide the link for change password.

when the user clicks on that link, he redirects to the change password page. But, in the page, only two options are available. Those are, "New Password" and "Verify New Password". We are not able to view the input field of "Old Password".

But, when the user clicks on forgot password, then one email sent to his account with temp password. this is the standard functionality done by Salesforce itself. Then, when user login with that temp password, then the user re-directs to the change password, then only, those three fields are visible on the page. 

Now, the functionality of the change password need to be implemented with out the option of forgot password. The user can change his password any time.

So, now my query is how to implement the functionality of change password which happens with the forgot password functionality, need to implement with out that option.

Pls suggest me how to implement this.

Regards,

Phanikumar

Hi Friends,

I am trying to load dato of aroung 25,000 records into a custom object. It successfully uploaded upto 16,000 and then after it is showing that error that "storage limit exceeded".

Pls let me know, how many records can load into a custom object and what is the limit?

Regards,

Phanikumar

Hi Friends,

I want to write the trigger on Address Object which is used to concatinate the values of city name, state name and country name into single field called "location__c". So, i wrote the trigger on Address Object for the actions of Before insert, Before update. But, while new record is inserting or updating the existing record, it shows following exception.

Exception:-

"execution of BeforeInsert caused by: System.QueryException: List has no rows for assignment to SObject: Trigger.updateLocationDetails: line 5, column 1"

Trigger code:-

trigger updateLocationDetails on SWD_Address__c (before insert,before update)

{

for(SWD_Address__c addressDetails : Trigger.New)

{

SWD_City__c cityDetails = [select Id,name,State_Id__r.Name,State_Id__r.Country_Code__r.Name from SWD_City__c where name =: addressDetails.City__r.name];

String cityName = cityDetails.name; system.debug('%%%%valued of city name in trigger%%%%%'+cityName);

if(cityName!= null && cityName != ' ')

{

String stateName = cityDetails.State_Id__r.Name;

String countryName = cityDetails.State_Id__r.Country_Code__r.Name;

addressDetails.Location__c = cityName+'/'+stateName+'/'+countryName; }

}

}

Pls help me to solve this.

Hi Friends,

In my VF Page, we used two buttons "Save" and "Close". In Page, we are dispalying the current contacts for an Account.

When Clicking "Save"; the details are going to be stored/updated.

when clicking "Close"; the current window which is showing the details, has to be closed.

How to do that. I used javascript for this button on Event = onclick="closeWindow();"

I wrote the script as follows:

<script>

function closeWindow(){
            window.close();
        }

</script>

But, it is not working. Please suggest me, if any solutions are there.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Phanikumar

Hi,

I need to create a custom portal user through apex. Actually, this user will create through contact object. But, i need to customize it. so, is there any chance to create a user through apex and that user should be the custom portal user.

Give me suggestions about this, how to create a user throught apex.

Thanks in advance..........

Regards,

Phanikumar

Hi,

The Standard Lead conversion process is that, converting a lead to Account,Contact and Opportunity. So, we want to customize this conversion process instead of creating the Account and Contact directly.

We are using two custom objects for our custom portal. So, in Lead conversion process, From Lead -> converted to Partner Contact -> Contact.

Partner and Partner Contact are the custom objects user for the standard objects of Account and Contact Objects.

Instead of creating a contact from Lead, can we customize that process as like below.

Lead -> Partner Contact(Custom Object) -> Contact(Standard Object).

There is a trigger on custom object, when a record is created in Partner Contact Object, autoamatically, same record will be create in Contact Object.

So, if there is any possible ways to customize the lead conversion process. Please let me know and help me in this scenario.

Thanks in advance..............

Regards,

Phanikumar

Hi Friends,

I have to customize the email template for uploading data into custom objects by using the import wizard. After, successful upload the data to the objects, we get a mail from support@jp.salesforce.com. That email, i need to customize with our designed one. Pls see the below screen shot for your reference.

Hi Friends,

I have to customize the email template for the completion of Batch Process. Generally, an email is coming from Salesforce.com, once any apex job is completed.

That email template has to be generated with our designed template. How to do that?

Regards,

Phanikumar

Hi Friends,

In my project, we developed one site for their internal use. In this, when the user clicks on the forgot password, an email goes to the user's email with temparory login details. We are using site.forgotpassword() for this. In this, an emailtemplate is used by SFDC to provide the login details with temparory password.

Now, we want to change that template. We want to use our own email template for this. How to do this?

Pls help me in this?

Regards,

Phanikumar

Hi Friends,

We have one object called "Address" which is used to store the address details. In this, object we have one standard field which is used to store the record name. Before that, we have two custom fields called "Address Line 1" and

"Address Line 2" .

Now, we want to delete the "Address Line 1" field and want to use the standard field (Address ID) for Address Line 1.

While changing the field datatype from Auto-Number to Text and change the label name from Address Id to Address Line 1.

In sandbox, these changes happened successfully. But, in production, label name is not able to renamed from Address Id to Address Line 1. Even, i changed the label name from Address Id to Address Line 1. But, it is showing as "Address Id". When, i click on edit the label, there the value is like "Address Line 1". But, on layout, it is appearing as "Address ID".

Friends, pls suggest me how to solve this....

Regards,

Phanikumar

Hi Friends,

We just developed one site for my client requirement. In that, we are using the standard functionalities of forgot password and change password functionalities. Now, the requirement is that we need to customize the functionality of change password. That means, we need to provide the facility for the user to change the password any time. we provide the link for change password.

when the user clicks on that link, he redirects to the change password page. But, in the page, only two options are available. Those are, "New Password" and "Verify New Password". We are not able to view the input field of "Old Password".

But, when the user clicks on forgot password, then one email sent to his account with temp password. this is the standard functionality done by Salesforce itself. Then, when user login with that temp password, then the user re-directs to the change password, then only, those three fields are visible on the page. 

Now, the functionality of the change password need to be implemented with out the option of forgot password. The user can change his password any time.

So, now my query is how to implement the functionality of change password which happens with the forgot password functionality, need to implement with out that option.

Pls suggest me how to implement this.

Regards,

Phanikumar

Hi Friends,

I am new to work with Batch apex. As per my requirement, i have to create one Batch apex class to process the 25000 records along the with some business validations. For this, i have some questions, which are mentioned below. Pls suggest me the way to use this.

1. Can we call another class in our Batch Apex class execute method()?

2. What is the maximum records size, we can set for the scope?(no.of records per batch)

3. upto how many records, the Batch Apex can work?

4.How to execute this Batch Apex? Types of executing the Batch Apex?

5. Can we call Batch Apex class in Trigger,Schedule Apex Class and VF Page?If yes, How to use?

Pls provide me the information, even though i am studying the document of Batch Apex which is available from developers.salesforce.com

Regards,

Phanikumar

Hi Friends,

I want to write the trigger on Address Object which is used to concatinate the values of city name, state name and country name into single field called "location__c". So, i wrote the trigger on Address Object for the actions of Before insert, Before update. But, while new record is inserting or updating the existing record, it shows following exception.

Exception:-

"execution of BeforeInsert caused by: System.QueryException: List has no rows for assignment to SObject: Trigger.updateLocationDetails: line 5, column 1"

Trigger code:-

trigger updateLocationDetails on SWD_Address__c (before insert,before update)

{

for(SWD_Address__c addressDetails : Trigger.New)

{

SWD_City__c cityDetails = [select Id,name,State_Id__r.Name,State_Id__r.Country_Code__r.Name from SWD_City__c where name =: addressDetails.City__r.name];

String cityName = cityDetails.name; system.debug('%%%%valued of city name in trigger%%%%%'+cityName);

if(cityName!= null && cityName != ' ')

{

String stateName = cityDetails.State_Id__r.Name;

String countryName = cityDetails.State_Id__r.Country_Code__r.Name;

addressDetails.Location__c = cityName+'/'+stateName+'/'+countryName; }

}

}

Pls help me to solve this.