• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi, 
Need assistance with a flow I am trying to create. Here is the senerio.
When a customer short pays and an invoice this should create Case in Salesforce. 

We have a custom object called "Transaction" with two custom fields. the first custom field is called "Payment Amount" (customer pays) and the second custom field is called "Invoice Amount" (customer owes). If the payment amount is less than invoice amount a case should be created. Is this possible? 
Hello,

I'm trying to create a workflow to email a record owner.  We have a custom object with project records and these project records are date sensitive. We need a workflow email to fire 1 day before Bid Date to the record owner. So if the Bid Date is 7-23-14 and the date is 7-22-14 an email is sent to the record owner. I have created the email. I just can't wrap my mind around this workflow.

Any help or ideas??  

Thanks so much,
SC

Hello,

We have about 500 employees in our Company. Our Salesforce is limited to a hand full of users. It makes sense to have our Companies and Employees in Saleforce as records.  I created an App called Company Directory where I have also created 2 custom objects. One object is for our companies and a second object is for our employees and is related to the companies object. I have also related our employees object to a custom object where we create projects. When we assign a new project to an employee we need an email sent to that employee, that a new project has been assigned to them. 

This worked when I created our companies as Accounts and our employees as Contacts. And then create a workflow. But this does not make any sense to us for Accounts and Contacts.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks,
SC

Hello,

On an object is it possible to have a custom button on a related list that is a look-up to another object, make a section and populates on the related list? And if so what would the custom button code look like?

Thanks,
SC
I have created a custom object called Projects. I have also created other custom objects that are related to the Projects custom object. On one of the related list is a buttom called new. I click this buttom it opens the record edit page. I create this record. I save this record. Now the question is, when I save this record it goes to the newly created record. How can I bypass this and when I click save it goes back to the Project custom object?  

Any help?

Thank you,
SC
Hello,

I have created a listview and I am able to display this view in a visualfroce page. Is there anyway to display only the list view meaning I don't want to see the side bar or header. Is this possible? See attachment.User-added image

• April 15, 2014
Hello,

I have a few questions about SF Accounts and Contacts. 
  1. Why would you need address information section on the contact record when you are forced to select an account with the address section on the account record? This seams to be duplicated information. Can someone explain the benefits of having deplicated information? 
  2. This is kind of related to the first question. When you create a contact record and forced to select an account and save that record the address info from the account should automatically populate on the contact record. Any thoughts on this.
  3. This functionality works when you create a contact from an account record.
Thanks,
SC

• March 20, 2014
Hello,

I have a related list that is dispaled on our Home page. The related list displays records that are bidding within month. One of the fields that is displayed is called Review Status. This Data Type is a picklist and one of the selections is called Reveiwed/No Bid. When this is selected I don't want this project to be displayed on the custom related list on our Home page. 

Can someone help out on some type of code for this task?

Thanks,
SC

• February 24, 2014

Hello,

How would I create a workflow when a picklist value only changes when 3 monthes has pasted. And either creates a task or an email.

Any helps?

Thanks.

SC

• December 11, 2013

Hello,

I would like to have the fields " Direct Phone" and "Mobile Phone" from the Contact to populate on the Task record when creating a new task from a contact. The contact phone does this natively.

Is this possible to do?

Thanks,

SC 

• October 25, 2013

Hello,

I have a custom field called Bid Date. Looking for a formula that will calculate and display a number from todays date and Bid Date.  Todays date could be today tommorw and so on.

Thanks,

SC

• October 11, 2013

I am trying to add a status value to the status picklist. But I do not have the "New" button to add a value. Can someone tell how to add this button? 

• September 26, 2013

Is it possible to merge a picklist field to a custom field? 

• September 25, 2013

Is there a way to merge a pick list field and a standard?

• September 25, 2013

Hi Wizards,

Looking for easy code to add, that will create space or an empty section on a form. This will be an area where someone can write in once it is printed out.

Thanks 

• September 20, 2013

Hi Team,

I want to take pre-determind fields from a custom object and create a professsional PDF document. I have created a button and a visualforce page with fields from the object. It works but Im not satisfied with the look of the document. It just lists the text in a column.

Anyone reading this post would you be so kind in shainge your code with me? I have attached a link of what I am looking for.  

http://www.contractorform.net/images/Request_for_Information_Form.jpg

Thanks for reading,

SC

• September 12, 2013

Is it possible to create a field that counts down by day and by min's from an assigned date field on a record? I would like to create a page that lists records by acesnding days, when it gets to the last day it counts down by hrs and mins.

Thanks,

SC

• August 22, 2013

Hi Team,

I have an object called "Projects" and fields on the project record. What I would like to attempt to acheive is when I create an Opp from the Projects object by clicking a create opp button, is to populate two or more fieldsfrom project into one field in an opp. Is this possible? Example below.

Projects Object 

Fields

Project Name: Freedom Middle School Gym

Project Owner: City of Bakersfield

City: Bakersfield

State: CA

The above fields to populate on field on an Opp below. See Example:

Opp Object

Field

Opportunity Name: Freedom Middle School Gym

City of Bakersfield

Bakersfield, CA   

Hi.

Looking for help. I have a custom object with a custom field called Project Owner. I have another custom object with a custom field called Company. When company field is updated I want that date to populate in Project Owner field. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

SC

Hi,

I am investigating the differences between SFDC "Send an Email" and "Compose Gmail". What are the avantages and disadvatages? 

Thanks,

SC

Hello,

Our company is in need of a Salesforce Consultant. We have a small group of Salesforce users. And needing some assistance in Salesforce.

• Help Create New Workflow Rules. (Must have experience).  
  • Help on an existing Application. (Developing experience).
  • Evaluate and set up best practice.
  • Help automate web leads. (We have a system set up we are looking to automate).
  • Management to be able to track sales team.

Please respond if you are a Salesforce Consultant and can start immediately. 

Thank you,

SC

• November 16, 2012

Hello,

We have about 500 employees in our Company. Our Salesforce is limited to a hand full of users. It makes sense to have our Companies and Employees in Saleforce as records.  I created an App called Company Directory where I have also created 2 custom objects. One object is for our companies and a second object is for our employees and is related to the companies object. I have also related our employees object to a custom object where we create projects. When we assign a new project to an employee we need an email sent to that employee, that a new project has been assigned to them. 

This worked when I created our companies as Accounts and our employees as Contacts. And then create a workflow. But this does not make any sense to us for Accounts and Contacts.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks,
SC

I have created a custom object called Projects. I have also created other custom objects that are related to the Projects custom object. On one of the related list is a buttom called new. I click this buttom it opens the record edit page. I create this record. I save this record. Now the question is, when I save this record it goes to the newly created record. How can I bypass this and when I click save it goes back to the Project custom object?  

Any help?

Thank you,
SC

Hello,

How would I create a workflow when a picklist value only changes when 3 monthes has pasted. And either creates a task or an email.

Any helps?

Thanks.

SC

• December 11, 2013

Hello,

I have a custom field called Bid Date. Looking for a formula that will calculate and display a number from todays date and Bid Date.  Todays date could be today tommorw and so on.

Thanks,

SC

• October 11, 2013

Is it possible to merge a picklist field to a custom field? 

• September 25, 2013

Is there a way to merge a pick list field and a standard?

• September 25, 2013

Hi Wizards,

Looking for easy code to add, that will create space or an empty section on a form. This will be an area where someone can write in once it is printed out.

Thanks 

• September 20, 2013

Hi Team,

I have an object called "Projects" and fields on the project record. What I would like to attempt to acheive is when I create an Opp from the Projects object by clicking a create opp button, is to populate two or more fieldsfrom project into one field in an opp. Is this possible? Example below.

Projects Object 

Fields

Project Name: Freedom Middle School Gym

Project Owner: City of Bakersfield

City: Bakersfield

State: CA

The above fields to populate on field on an Opp below. See Example:

Opp Object

Field

Opportunity Name: Freedom Middle School Gym

City of Bakersfield

Bakersfield, CA   

Hi.

Looking for help. I have a custom object with a custom field called Project Owner. I have another custom object with a custom field called Company. When company field is updated I want that date to populate in Project Owner field. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

SC

Hi,

Need help, do not know if this is possible. I want to create code to open sound recorder on my computer using SFDC button. Please help.

Thanks,

SC 

Hi,

I am looking to purchase a couple seats for force.com Lite or Enterpirse. I have Salesforce Enterprise lisense already if I purchase force.com will these people who have these seats see the Account and Contact info from our live org?

Thanks,

SC

Hi,

I am attemting to create a workflow.  I have a custom object created and on the record I have a custom field named Bid Date. When this field is changed I want the record owner to be alerted. Any ideas?

Thanks,
SC

• April 23, 2013