• 5 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am working to develop a Java application that hits the Salesforce Partner API and Metadata API from Google App Engine.  The java examples in the Partner API, the Metadata API documentation and links like this, http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Force.com_for_Google_App_Engine_Setup_Guide_Java, advise to use WSC (the Force.com Web Services Connector).  It turns out that this is supposedly the only way you can generate Java proxy classes from the Partner and Metadata WSDLs because Google App Engine doesn't support classes from Apache Axis or JAX-RPC jars.

When I deploy my project to GAE and try to hit it, I get an error in GAE that says, "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.google.apphosting.runtime.security.shared.stub.java.net.Proxy".  This is because java.net.Proxy is a restricted class for Google App Engine and references to it appear in the WSC library in the ConnectorConfig.class file.

I've also downloaded and added wsc-gae.jar and followed the code examples in this link, http://code.google.com/p/sfdc-wsc/wiki/WscFromGae, but no luck. (notice the comment at the bottom of this post where someone runs into the same problem.  I don't see how the wsc-gae.jar file will help because references to java.net.Proxy still appear in ConnectorConfig.java).

I am trying to do this all with wsc-22.jar.  I generated my metadata and partner jars from WSC version 22. I'm following code that is pretty much from the examples in the docs and that's not working. 

Any ideas?   Thanks!

Hi,

We are creating a simple App, there are no Visualforce pages involved in the App. In the Salesforce standard UI how do I enable Inline Editing for Related List.

I have enable Inline Edit option from Setup-Customize-User Interface, but that does not allow me to make inline edit for Related lists. The field types that are to be editted or Text and Picklist.

Any help on this would be great.

Thanks

KD