• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi

I am quite new to chatter development and needed help on this.I went through some of the chatter code recipes but that provides me with a lot of code snippets (high level) and the chatter rest api documentation is documented much on a top level basis.

Is there any step by step tutorial for chatter development similar to force.com tutorials such that it provides beginners to get hold on chatter development.

Also it will be great if there are any other chatter links which will be a good starting point for developers to start development in chatter.

Please help me on this.

Thanks in advance

• February 22, 2013

Hi

I really have no clue regarding email using visualforce and apex.Can anyone help me on this...

I want to send some data from my previous page as well as the current page data as an email.
Here i am refering to my custom object and its custom field data.

Please help me on how to send the VF page as a part of email ,only on click of a button say 'Send Mail'.Also i want the user to
type the email address in the box provided in VF page before he clicks the button.

What is email template?Is it really required to send email...If so,can i display my VF page as a template so that data to be sent

is entered in body section directly?

• December 06, 2011

Hello,

I am new to salesforce and needed some help regarding passing records using checkbox to next VF page...

I have created a custom object with some text fields and i have created a VF page in which i have displayed these fields along with a checkbox.Its somewhat like a checkbox in a datatable kind of look.

Also i have created a wrapper class that holds the selected(checked) records.Now i want these checked records to be retrieved and displayed in the next VF page on passing it as a url parameter in page reference.

How is this done? Is there any other way of doing this apart from passing it as a url parameter.

Please help...

Thanks

• November 04, 2011

Hi

I am very new to salesforce and apex programming...so needed some help...

I have created a custom object  with some text fields as Name,Address...etc and a lookup field .Now when I select a record or a value  from the lookup field I need the text fields to be filled automatically  ,based on which value is selected from lookup field.

Any help or guidance on this will be great !!!

Thanks in advance

• October 17, 2011

Hi

I have created a custom object  with some text fields as Name,Address...etc and a lookup field .Now when I select a record or a value  from the lookup field I need the text fields to be filled automatically  ,based on which value is selected from lookup field.

Thanks in advance

• October 17, 2011

Hi

I really have no clue regarding email using visualforce and apex.Can anyone help me on this...

I want to send some data from my previous page as well as the current page data as an email.
Here i am refering to my custom object and its custom field data.

Please help me on how to send the VF page as a part of email ,only on click of a button say 'Send Mail'.Also i want the user to
type the email address in the box provided in VF page before he clicks the button.

What is email template?Is it really required to send email...If so,can i display my VF page as a template so that data to be sent

is entered in body section directly?

• December 06, 2011

Hi

Thanks in advance

• October 17, 2011

Hi,

I am new to salesforce and am trying to look into the different methods of integration that Salesforce has with other third party apps.

I did some reading and these are what I got to know.

- You can generate WSDL files from salesforce and use these files to generate Web Services client on the third party app environment( java /.net/other). The third party apps can pull from and push data to salaesforce using web service calls.

- Salesforce can send Outbound messages to third party apps based on some action and the third party app can have a Outbound message notification listener configured at its end to interpret these messages.

I have a few questions

- Can salesforce pull information from a third party app? For e.g. A third party app has a webservice exposed. Can we generate a a WS client at the saleforce app end to hit this webservice?

- Suppose the saleforce app needs some data from a third party app at an on demand basis. Say, Someone clicks on a button in Salesforce App and we need to display some info from the third party app? How can we implement this type of integration?

Thanks,

Gayathri