• 75 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I created a package with a custom object.  on another org - I install the package-  I get insufficient privileges when the clicking on a link to display a tab dependent on this object as a standard user .  I looked at the standard user profile - i see in the custom object section that the object is listed but the checkbox for any permission is NOT set.  So what I id need to do as a developer to have these set as default so the standard user can display the tab (access the object) without the installer doing anything.  I need to avoid the insufficient privilege error.  Nevermind - i found out that you cannot give permissions to custom objects to standard user profile.  Need to clone to a new profile.

• November 21, 2011

We are often required to explain the security features of new technology. Part of the SAML 2.0 spec allows for encrypted assertions from the identity provider (IdP), allowing for added security.  As of Spring '12, Salesforce does not support the EncryptedAssertion option. Failing to support encrypted SAML causes that explaniation to fall short. I am therefore hoping support for encrypted SAML is soon provided, and voting for it at the following link is one way to help make it happen. 

http://bit.ly/KNEPvi 

Thanks

I received the following error on a SOQL query:

Implementation restriction: When querying the FAQ__kav object, you must filter using the following syntax: Id = [single ID], Id IN [list of ID's] or Language = [language ISO code].

In addition Language is only permitted in a top-level AND condition.

Here is the query from the log:

SELECT Id, KnowledgeArticleId, PublishStatus, body__c, Key_words__c, Summary, Title, UrlName FROM FAQ__kav WHERE PublishStatus = 'online' WITH DATA CATEGORY TestCat__c AT (CatName1__c, CatName1__c)

When executed using Force.com explorer the query executes just fine and returns actual records. Filtering on an ID is not an option and I  see no 'Language*' field in FAQ__kav. If this is a version issue (based on another forum thread) what would I be checking?

Thanks

Crocket

Every tip I have seen accesses article fields from within the knowledge:articleList tag, which is not very hard to do. I am trying to access an article outside the above tag. I am able pass the article Id using outputLink and param tags and can get the article to display in a new page/tab. However, what I need to do is display the article detail on the page with the link (using hidden div or jquery dialog).  It seems the only way to accomplish this is to have a commandLink submit the Id and use 'rerender' (?) to refresh the section of the page that displays the detail. Does anyone have experience in this area? I am just trying to do this the correct way.

Thanks in advance.

Crocket 

I have encountered this problem and found many similar tips, only to find that the information appears to have been obtained from a Salesforce Help page. In an effort to end that practice I am posting the actual source, which can also be found be searching on "Formula field exceeds maximum number of characters":

Formula field exceeds maximum number of characters

The code in a formula field can exceed maximum number of characters allowed in two ways:

• Directly in the formula field's characters (3900), or
  • In the overall size of the formula after other included formula fields are factored in (5000)

The latter of those problems can result from the formulas (code) of other formulas being inserted where those other formula fields are included. For example:

• Field A says "Total_Amount * .9"
  • Field B says "IF (Field_A__c = 0)..."
  • Then behind the scenes, B is expanded to say "IF ((Total_Amount * .9) = 0)..." because Formula_A's formula is put into Formula_B, not Formula_A's result

So while building or modifying a formula field if you run into either of these limits, what to do?

1. The smaller character limit (3900) can be remedied by splitting the formula into 2 fields. Create another formula field and break out some part of the code into that one. Then call Formula_A within Formula_B. Each can have up to 3900 characters.

2. The trickier case is when a formula field that refers to other formula fields (that may in turn refer to even more formula fields) results in compounded code which exceeds the 5000 character limit. In any edition, the whole combination of formula can be scrutinized to see if there is anything that can be reduced or eliminated from the string of code. Any small part might have a ripple effect and significantly reduce the overall size.

2b) In Enterprise or Unlimited Edition workflow can be used to help out. Create a new hidden field (not on any page layout). Create a new Workflow Rule for the object which triggers when record is Created or Edited and make the Criteria something that is always true, like Owner Name <not equals> NULL. Then make an Immediate Workflow Action which does a Field Update to the newly created (hidden) field, click on "Use a formula to set new value", then for the formula, just enter the name of the first formula field (Formula_A). Any time a record in this object is created or edited, Formula_A's results will be calculated and copied into this new regular field. Then refer to this field instead of Formula_A within Formula_B.

For best results on multi-level nested Formula field references, pick a spot near the middle of the chain of formula fields to split the overall code in half. This will reduce the size the quickest.

2c) Apex code could also be used in (EE, UE) to trigger an update to a field on the record. This provides even more powerful and flexible options, including the capability to assign values based on procedural algorithms (e.g., a double-declining balance) and to reference values beyond the record/object that is being evaluated in a formula or workflow, similar to the VLOOKUP() function--that can be employed on a validation rule but not in a custom formula field.

We have implemented SSO using Identity Provider servers that are not in Salesforce. Because we have multiple sandbox instances, in the SSO config we are using the My Domain domain instead of the saml.salesforce.com. Due to this arrangement, the incorporation of each new release will require we resubmit the metadata for each sandbox to our Identity Provider admins.

I agree that having the release in the URL has some benefits, however over the long term it becomes a maintenance nuisance. I am submitting this to the idea exchange but was looking for feedback from other users too.

Thanks in advance.

Crocket

When single sign-on (SSO) was implemented the (My Domain) domain for our Full environment was set to acme--acmefull.cs10.my.salesforce.com and the domain for our production environment was set to acmeprod.my.salesforce.com.

A Production to Full refresh was performed. After the refresh the refresh process had changed the domain for our Full environment to acmeprod--acmefull.cs10.my.salesforce.com. Salesforce support has stated, " It is expected that the domain name will change after the sandbox refresh." However, I do not see how this is not considered a bug since:

1) It (in effect) breaks SSO every 28 days.

2) Only Salesforce level 3 support has the ability to restore the correct domain name. 

My question is, is everyone else experiencing this issue? Because I did not find the discusion boards flooded with posts regarding this issue I assume the answer is "No".

Thanks in advance.

Crocket

In a native UI we are looking to display multi-select picklist values (from another object) using a formula field. At least one of the associated picklists contains 30 selectable values. I am not certain of how may of those values can be selected, so lets assume 10 can be selected.   Is it correct that the only way to do this in a formula field is to use the INCLUDES and PRIORVALUE functions while checking for the presence of "each possible picklist value"? The following pseudocode might better explain this idea:

if (INCLUDES(myList, "STRING1")

if PRIORVALUE(temp) == '""

temp = "STRING1"

else

temp = temp +  ", STRING1"

if (INCLUDES(myList, "STRING2")

temp = "STRING2"

else

temp = temp + ", STRING2"

. . .

if (INCLUDES(myList, "STRINGn")

temp = "STRINGn"

else

temp = temp + ", STRINGn"

Guidence greatly appreciated.

Crocket.

The information I have found suggests SOQL does not have a string concatenation operator. For example, in Oracle the following statement would be allowed in the WHERE clause:

MyContact__c.HOME_ADDRESS1__c || MyContact__c.HOME_ADDRESS2__c = Contact.OtherAddress

However, using a number of tools (e.g. Force.com Explorer) I find the above concatenation operator is not supported, both in the WHERE clause and SELECT field list. I have also tried other concatenation operators (e.g. +, &) and have found none that are supported. Is SOQL's non-support of string concatenation within a query documented anywhere?

How can I execute a SOSL statement outside of an application? I see Apex Explorer had this functionality and that tool has been replaced by Force.com Explorer, which has a SOQL Tester tab but no SOSL tab. I see references to a Schema Explorer but it is not present in my Eclipse plugin or the Force.com IDE. I have confirmed the Force.com Explorer does not recognize the FIND statement. So my second question is, has this SOSL functionality been dropped?

Thanks

During the install I mistakenly selected /Applications. This fails because I am installing as a non-admin user. The error is 'Couldn't get lock for /Applications/Common/logs/installer-%g.log'. I deleted cache and the original extracted install folder, and when I attempt a new install the "/Applications" setting is being pulled from somewhere as I do not get the option to set this again. I have my thoughts on why an installer would be coded this way, but for now I was hoping for a way out of this situation. I know about the Eclipse plugin and have it installed, I just want to see what the standalone version has to offer.

Thanks

Crocket

Hi,

I know for security, if I login in Salesforce wity my account on a different cumputer, Salesforce need I input the Verification Code.

So, I want to know is that possible to avoid to use Verification Code when I use different computer or mobile device to access my Salesforce instance?

Thank you!

Hi All,

I have two objects 

1,Agreement Line

2,Institutionalized(child)

I have created one Custom List button "Add InstalledProduct" when I click this button it is going to one visualforce page this page display all the InstalledProducts.user can select any no InstalledProducts and click add button on that visualforce page then these installedProducts are going add AgreementLine.

But here i need to pass Agreement line id to visualforce page through Custom List button then only I can add the selected installedproducts to that Agreement Line for this how can I pass Agreement Line id to that visualforce page by Custom List button .

Any help is Appreciated. 

• March 21, 2012

I received the following error on a SOQL query:

Implementation restriction: When querying the FAQ__kav object, you must filter using the following syntax: Id = [single ID], Id IN [list of ID's] or Language = [language ISO code].

In addition Language is only permitted in a top-level AND condition.

Here is the query from the log:

SELECT Id, KnowledgeArticleId, PublishStatus, body__c, Key_words__c, Summary, Title, UrlName FROM FAQ__kav WHERE PublishStatus = 'online' WITH DATA CATEGORY TestCat__c AT (CatName1__c, CatName1__c)

When executed using Force.com explorer the query executes just fine and returns actual records. Filtering on an ID is not an option and I  see no 'Language*' field in FAQ__kav. If this is a version issue (based on another forum thread) what would I be checking?

Thanks

Crocket

Hello Community,

i have a confusing issue with the system.currentpagereference() method. First of all, my question is: is there any situation of condition that has to be considered to ensure that system.currentpagereference() does not return null.

I use this in a own visualforce page with custom controller in connection with sites.

Best regards,

Michael

Every tip I have seen accesses article fields from within the knowledge:articleList tag, which is not very hard to do. I am trying to access an article outside the above tag. I am able pass the article Id using outputLink and param tags and can get the article to display in a new page/tab. However, what I need to do is display the article detail on the page with the link (using hidden div or jquery dialog).  It seems the only way to accomplish this is to have a commandLink submit the Id and use 'rerender' (?) to refresh the section of the page that displays the detail. Does anyone have experience in this area? I am just trying to do this the correct way.

Thanks in advance.

Crocket 

In the past I was able to use the pn, pc and pv parameters on report URL's to dynamically add filters via the URL. That functionality stopped working recently and I can't seem to get it to work at all anymore.

For example, this URL works but only because I have the field saved as the first filter: /00O5000000328yO?pv0=031

However, if I try to change the first parameter using pc0= all the filters are removed when the report runs: /00O5000000328yO?pc0=00N500000029a7k&pn0=eq&pv0=031. I tried using the field name as well as both the 15 and 18 character versions of the field ID. Same results. In the past I was able to pass in the 15 character field ID as the pc0 parameter.

Is there a way to do this any more?

Best Regards,

Mike

We're an ISV developing multiple applications for delivery through the AppExchange, each as a distinct managed package.  Each team member has a dev org per application.  Because of the global uniqueness of user IDs, this means that each team member has to "name mangle" their user IDs in the various orgs to be, for example, <username>-<appname>@<domain> or <username>@<appname>.<domain>.

I had hoped that the platform's inherent support for SAML as both an IdP and an SP would help alleviate this.  I created a shared dev org for all of Product Engineering, registered a domain for it and my own dev orgs, and following these instructions to set up SSO across multiple organizations:

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Implementing_Single_Sign-On_Across_Multiple_Organizations

Unfortunately the all-important Step 7 in that documentation isn't clear about whether user IDs must still be unique across orgs joined through this type of SSO.  It's VERY clear that the Federation IDs must match for the respective users in the two orgs, but the following is ambiguous about whether this lightens the username uniqueness constraint:

1. Create a test user in your Identity Provider Org, and set their Federation ID to a unique value. Make sure you assign the user a Profile which was granted access to your Service Provider in step 6.
  2. Create a test user in your Service Provider Org, and set their Federation ID to the same value as your test user in the Identity Provider. This will effectively bind the two accounts together.

Interestingly the VERY first time I tried to implement this, for some reason it did let me create the same user with the same ID in both orgs, but I suspect that's because I'd just updated the username for an existing user and, during that lull between making the change and the change becoming effective, I created the same user in the other org.  Needless to say, this left me in a pretty bad state for a bit, but I've recovered from that now!

So, as far as I can tell, this feature allows us to log into one org as a valid user in that org, then access any others orgs in which there are users (with usernames that are all distinct from one another) which are federated together with the user from the first org, but it doesn't allow us to do what I really want, namely to have a centralized user repository for all of our dev orgs.  I'm assuming I'll need to switch to delegated authentication to get that, and that means I'll need to implement the SOAP callout for delegated authentication in our shared org.  I'm about to start down that path, but I figured I'd post here for feedback as I'm doing so in the hopes that someone will respond with, "Hey, actually that will work if you just do this, this, and this!!!"

Thanks in advance for any help here!

Hey guys,

There is a scenario where there is a Input text file where i put any string for search

<td id="inputFilterBox" ><apex:inputText value="{!HIII}" id="inputtext" onclick="clearinputtext(this);"/></td>

And then i click on Search button and it returns me the result. but the requirement is that if user presses enter , Search  button should be clicked or importantly Result should be displayed.

<input type="button" id="searchButton"  value="Search" onClick="search(); return false;"  />
  • December 07, 2011

The information I have found suggests SOQL does not have a string concatenation operator. For example, in Oracle the following statement would be allowed in the WHERE clause:

MyContact__c.HOME_ADDRESS1__c || MyContact__c.HOME_ADDRESS2__c = Contact.OtherAddress

However, using a number of tools (e.g. Force.com Explorer) I find the above concatenation operator is not supported, both in the WHERE clause and SELECT field list. I have also tried other concatenation operators (e.g. +, &) and have found none that are supported. Is SOQL's non-support of string concatenation within a query documented anywhere?

Hello,

I am trying to use a variable in the order by clause of a SOQL statement, like this:

enrollmentLongArr = [select E.Id, E.Name, E.Course__c, E.Course__r.Name, E.Case__c, E.Repeat_Class__c, E.Number_Of_Cases__c, E.Enrollment_Status__c, E.Date_of_Withdrawal__c, E.CreatedDate, E.Final_Grade__c from Enrollment__c E where E.Student__c = :accountId order by E.Course__r.Name :direction ];

where :direction will either be asc or desc.

I keep getting an error when I try to save my class:

save error: unexpected token ':'

What am I doing wrong?

• November 21, 2011

I created a package with a custom object.  on another org - I install the package-  I get insufficient privileges when the clicking on a link to display a tab dependent on this object as a standard user .  I looked at the standard user profile - i see in the custom object section that the object is listed but the checkbox for any permission is NOT set.  So what I id need to do as a developer to have these set as default so the standard user can display the tab (access the object) without the installer doing anything.  I need to avoid the insufficient privilege error.  Nevermind - i found out that you cannot give permissions to custom objects to standard user profile.  Need to clone to a new profile.

• November 21, 2011

Hi all,

I have created a cutom report type named as Opportunity with product, So I need to display one of the custom field ot type text from the product object. But that field I am not able to see in the custom report type layout and the FIELD LEVEL SECURITY for that field is also visible for the system admin profile. So can anybody help me on this, what could be the the reason that the field is not coming on the custom report type layout .

Thanks,

Hi, Is there any reason why we cannot see some of the standard fields from Account while creating  a report. For e.g. we cannot see account number, account site etc., from standard account report types. We tried to create a custom report type that shows all fields for accounts & contacts, yet not able to see them. have SA permissions. Is there any thing that will prevent them from being reported on? Appreciate if anyone has any thoughts on how to get around?

Am doing a test drive for SAML SSO from OpenAM to SF.com.

IDP: OpenAM

SP: https://saml.salesforce.com

I created a sub-domain for my account and enabled SAML for SSO. When I enter my subdomain URL, I am redirected to my IDP's login page with a SAML Authentication Request via HTTP-POST binding. How can we configure SF.com to send this SAML Authentication request via HTTP-Redirect binding? Is it supported? If so, how do i configure this?

I have an account in the Developer Edition.

Thanks

• November 14, 2011
I haven't had much luck getting SSO to work with my SAML assertion. Has anyone got this to work? If so, what does your saml response look like?  I signed my assertion and I believe everything is correct, yet the login history gives me "Failed: Assertion Invalid"

Any ideas?

Thank you.
Hi,
I want to clarify some things about the SAML supported SSO that
Salesforce has. Usually with SAML, the service provider will send
an authentication request and then the identity provider will send a
response back. With Salesforce, it seems like there are no
assertions sent by the service provider. All that happens is the
identity provider sends assertions to Salesforce, then it checks the
information sent with the configuration settings and decides whether
or not to let the user sign on. Is this understanding correct?

Also, is the SSO for users to sign on to their salesforce accounts alone?
Can it be used to sign on to individual applications as well?

Thanks in advance.