• 25 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am using the LMA and want to know if it is possible to programmaticaly tell if a user has been licensed for my package. 

Imagine if I wanted users of the application to see each other's application specific data - at minimum I would need a list of users that are licensed to use the application.

Is this possible? I want to be able to add code to the package that can be used to make decisions based on whether users have been granted a license seat through the LMA's "Manage Licesnes" process.

How do you guys put together rich home page components?

Particularly in the sidebar, where all you can't get access to VisualForce without creating an iframe. Is anyone getting data from SFDC into a non iframe home component?

I had to write an adhoc Visualforce page that returned JSON so I could call it from the sidebar - really hacky, but SFDC really cut us off at the knees from what I can tell. I was just wondering what other tactices people might have to get data that is normally accessible through VisualForce in to the sidebar (that doesn't involve an iframe). For example, how can I even reference static resources? 

Is there a comprehensive table showing what sObjects are available in what editions?

Ideally I'd like something that went all the way from a Force.com edition through to SalesCloud (from Group to Unlimited) and ServiceCloud (again, all the editions). 

I've been putting something together on my own but it would be nice to see an official layout of all the pieces.

I've been doing all my development straight in the browser. Tonight I decided to try out the Force.com IDE when I got tired of the rich text box that is about half the height of my monitor.

I downloaded the version on the website, which is 20.0 and went to create a project. It keeps giving me an error that something is wrong with my username, password, or security token. I reset my token and tried again, to no avail. Looking at the logs in the browser it says I'm failing due to an invalid password. I know this isn't true because I logged inusing the same password to check the security logs. 

I've tried closing it and restarting the IDE and I already mentioned getting a new security token.

Any other ideas on how I can actually use this thing?

Is there a comprehensive table showing what sObjects are available in what editions?

Ideally I'd like something that went all the way from a Force.com edition through to SalesCloud (from Group to Unlimited) and ServiceCloud (again, all the editions). 

I've been putting something together on my own but it would be nice to see an official layout of all the pieces.

I've been doing all my development straight in the browser. Tonight I decided to try out the Force.com IDE when I got tired of the rich text box that is about half the height of my monitor.

I downloaded the version on the website, which is 20.0 and went to create a project. It keeps giving me an error that something is wrong with my username, password, or security token. I reset my token and tried again, to no avail. Looking at the logs in the browser it says I'm failing due to an invalid password. I know this isn't true because I logged inusing the same password to check the security logs. 

I've tried closing it and restarting the IDE and I already mentioned getting a new security token.

Any other ideas on how I can actually use this thing?