• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have an Excel spreadsheet to perform some engineering calculations on data brought down from Salesforce.

Using the Offfice Toolkit, I download the data, perform the calculations and generate a report in Word. However, I'm finding that one query times out occasionally with no explanation. All the queries up to that point have been fine, and the timeout doesn't happen on every occasion.

Is there any way to get more debugging information out of the Office Toolkit? Are there some resources that I need to be careful about freeing up when using the Toolkit? Has anyone come up with a way of getting a hold of such problems?

I know this is very vague, but since I can't get any debug data out of the system, I can't really expand on the description.

It's very frustrating, and worrisome for when I push this product out to customers because I can't even tell if I've fixed the issue.

• July 26, 2012

Hi all,

I'm trying to have a list of Opportunities that will automaticallly refresh after a timeout. I've looked into the actionPoller element as a way to implement this, but it isn't behaving as I would expect. I can see that my pageblock is being re-rendered as I have put the current time in there and it does change. But, the list that I want to rerender doesn't respond to changing data.

My guess is that the recordset is fetched once and rerendering doesn't make it requery. But I'm a bit new to Visualforce, so any insight into the mechanisms and/or tips on how to get the list to update fully would be much appreciated.

My simple code:

<apex:page standardController="Opportunity" recordSetVar="opp" sidebar="false" showheader="false" >
 <apex:form >
  <apex:pageBlock id="mainList">
   {!NOW()}

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!opp}" var="o" id="theList">
    <apex:column value="{!o.name}"/>
    <apex:column value="{!o.account.Name}"/>
    <apex:column value="{!o.closedate}"/>
   </apex:pageBlockTable>      
  </apex:pageBlock>

<apex:pageBlock >
   <apex:actionPoller reRender="mainList" interval="5"/>
 </apex:form>
</apex:page>

• October 26, 2011

I am getting java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException when I am trying to edit and save an existing Test Class. The same test class, I am able to edit and save in another sandbox of the same Production instance. Any help is appreciated.

• November 07, 2013

Hello All,

Whenever I am trying to make changes in my global class, an error invoked i.e. "Schedulable class has jobs pending or in progress". However, there are no such jobs are running in the salesforce. What should we done to overcome this?

Hi all,

I'm trying to have a list of Opportunities that will automaticallly refresh after a timeout. I've looked into the actionPoller element as a way to implement this, but it isn't behaving as I would expect. I can see that my pageblock is being re-rendered as I have put the current time in there and it does change. But, the list that I want to rerender doesn't respond to changing data.

My guess is that the recordset is fetched once and rerendering doesn't make it requery. But I'm a bit new to Visualforce, so any insight into the mechanisms and/or tips on how to get the list to update fully would be much appreciated.

My simple code:

<apex:page standardController="Opportunity" recordSetVar="opp" sidebar="false" showheader="false" >
 <apex:form >
  <apex:pageBlock id="mainList">
   {!NOW()}

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!opp}" var="o" id="theList">
    <apex:column value="{!o.name}"/>
    <apex:column value="{!o.account.Name}"/>
    <apex:column value="{!o.closedate}"/>
   </apex:pageBlockTable>      

<apex:pageBlock >
   <apex:actionPoller reRender="mainList" interval="5"/>
 </apex:form>
</apex:page>

• October 26, 2011

Hi,

I have few questions:

Is it possible to display the reports and dashboards in the visualforce page? If yes, can anybody provide me with some refernce.

Is it possible to mail the Reports and dashboards?  If yes, then who can be the reciepients. Is it only the salesforce users present in the org. or can we provide any email address?

How can we show reports and dashboards in a section of an objects page layout or in the related lists of the object?

Thanks.