• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I created a package with a custom object.  on another org - I install the package-  I get insufficient privileges when the clicking on a link to display a tab dependent on this object as a standard user .  I looked at the standard user profile - i see in the custom object section that the object is listed but the checkbox for any permission is NOT set.  So what I id need to do as a developer to have these set as default so the standard user can display the tab (access the object) without the installer doing anything.  I need to avoid the insufficient privilege error.  Nevermind - i found out that you cannot give permissions to custom objects to standard user profile.  Need to clone to a new profile.

• November 21, 2011

From the partner portal - i click on the create test org button and chose enterprise/platform edition and create the org but I am not getting any emails about the new org - when I chose partner developer edition - i do get an email.  Who could be causing this.  Also how can i list all the orgs created by this particular partner?

• November 17, 2011

i tried to create a test org several times and do not seemed to work.  I chose Enterprise/Platform Edition - i get no email.  I tried once to create a Partner Developer Edition org and i got an email for that org.  Why not with Enterprise/Platform Edition?

Also is there a way to get a list of all the orgs created by a Partner?

• November 11, 2011

I have a custom button with javascript -  when i use namespace prefix to refer to a custom setting - it gets stripped out when i look at it again in eclipe

e.g.   in javascript body - {!$Setup.xxx__LL_Config__c.xxx__ServerUrl__c} get reset to {!$Setup.LL_Config__c.ServerUrl__c}.  But when i go to salesforce site and look at the custom button - i see the namespace still there.   Also when i package up the app and then install it in another org, and look at the custom button - i see the namespace stripped out - just like i see it in my eclipse.    BTW my eclipse project is based on the package.

• November 08, 2011

in a visual force page I see "!$Setup.XX_Config__c.ServerUrl__c"   .  I do not see documentation for $Setup   - is this salesforce variable or not ?

• November 08, 2011

I have a Opportunity Custom Button or Link definition and trying to get a custom setting value.

the custom button has these values :::

Namespace PrefixxxxDisplay TypeDetail Page Button
BehaviorExecute JavaScript  
OnClick JavaScript
startMeeting("{!Opportunity.Id}", "{!Opportunity.Name} {!$Label.xxx__ll_meeting}", "{!$User.Id}", "{!$User.FirstName} {!$User.LastName}", "{!$Setup.xxx__LL_Config__c.xxx__ServerUrl__c}");

{!$Setup.xxx__LL_Config__c.xxx__ServerUrl__c}  in my developer environment - this seems to work ok but when i package it up and install in another org the value is empty string.    Wondering what could be the problem.   I looked for $Setup  but i could not find any doc on this.

{!$Setup.xxx__LL_Config__c.xxx__ServerUrl__c}  is on a normal visualforce page and it seems to get the value correctly.  I guess when the opportunity object gets displayed with the custom button - {!$Setup.xxx__LL_Config__c.xxx__ServerUrl__c}  does not work.

• November 07, 2011

i tried to create a test org several times and do not seemed to work.  I chose Enterprise/Platform Edition - i get no email.  I tried once to create a Partner Developer Edition org and i got an email for that org.  Why not with Enterprise/Platform Edition?

Also is there a way to get a list of all the orgs created by a Partner?

• November 11, 2011

I have a custom button with javascript -  when i use namespace prefix to refer to a custom setting - it gets stripped out when i look at it again in eclipe

e.g.   in javascript body - {!$Setup.xxx__LL_Config__c.xxx__ServerUrl__c} get reset to {!$Setup.LL_Config__c.ServerUrl__c}.  But when i go to salesforce site and look at the custom button - i see the namespace still there.   Also when i package up the app and then install it in another org, and look at the custom button - i see the namespace stripped out - just like i see it in my eclipse.    BTW my eclipse project is based on the package.

• November 08, 2011

I have a Opportunity Custom Button or Link definition and trying to get a custom setting value.

the custom button has these values :::

Namespace PrefixxxxDisplay TypeDetail Page Button
BehaviorExecute JavaScript  
OnClick JavaScript
startMeeting("{!Opportunity.Id}", "{!Opportunity.Name} {!$Label.xxx__ll_meeting}", "{!$User.Id}", "{!$User.FirstName} {!$User.LastName}", "{!$Setup.xxx__LL_Config__c.xxx__ServerUrl__c}");

{!$Setup.xxx__LL_Config__c.xxx__ServerUrl__c}  in my developer environment - this seems to work ok but when i package it up and install in another org the value is empty string.    Wondering what could be the problem.   I looked for $Setup  but i could not find any doc on this.

{!$Setup.xxx__LL_Config__c.xxx__ServerUrl__c}  is on a normal visualforce page and it seems to get the value correctly.  I guess when the opportunity object gets displayed with the custom button - {!$Setup.xxx__LL_Config__c.xxx__ServerUrl__c}  does not work.

• November 07, 2011