• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hey all.

I am building a small system that can import CSV files emailed to it. There are 3 objects involved, Accounts (a person account), and two custom objects, Auto, and Ownership. The import is responsible for creating ownership records (simply a junction object between an account and an auto).

So the Ownership has a master detail relationship with both Account and Auto. The account has a field called SSN, and the auto has a field called VIN. These are both marked as external IDs.

Account                   Ownership                              Auto
SSN  <----------  Account   |   Auto------------------> VIN

The question becomes how can I create an owernship record from my import file that contains a SSN and a VIN. Can you populate a lookup field with an external ID, or will I need to run a query first and populate the lookup relationships with the Id's from the query? I'd like to avoid having to query to save on performance and potential governor limits, but I know that may not be doable. In that case I'd like just build a set of SSN and VIN and do one query for each object type using the IN() SOQL operator correct?

Thanks for any insight! 

Whats the best way to sync data between orgs. I know there is salesforce2salesforce but we want something automatic, like when someone creates a record in production it automatically is pushed to pre-production. 

Is there a product that does this?

Thanks.

A.

Hi All, 

I am trying to update object attributes from a visualforce page using the metadata API. E.g. Deployment status. 

Ideally i want to retrieve the list of custom objects and attributes, parse the XML, get the user to check a box to say deploy then update the object via the API. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated, or any examples!?

Cheers

A.

Hey all.

I am building a small system that can import CSV files emailed to it. There are 3 objects involved, Accounts (a person account), and two custom objects, Auto, and Ownership. The import is responsible for creating ownership records (simply a junction object between an account and an auto).

So the Ownership has a master detail relationship with both Account and Auto. The account has a field called SSN, and the auto has a field called VIN. These are both marked as external IDs.

Account                   Ownership                              Auto
SSN  <----------  Account   |   Auto------------------> VIN

The question becomes how can I create an owernship record from my import file that contains a SSN and a VIN. Can you populate a lookup field with an external ID, or will I need to run a query first and populate the lookup relationships with the Id's from the query? I'd like to avoid having to query to save on performance and potential governor limits, but I know that may not be doable. In that case I'd like just build a set of SSN and VIN and do one query for each object type using the IN() SOQL operator correct?

Thanks for any insight!