• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

This concerns the following issue:

Summer 13 Metadata call with large Package.xml file results in internal server error: -1418641549

It is detailed here:

https://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p30000000SwOyAAK

We have a workaround for the issue. However, I am doing some post-issue analysis and I am looking to see if anyone who looked at the logs on their local machine (as opposed to salesforce log) noticed the logging of a SOAP exception similar to the following:

5/17/13 1:31:44 PM [0x0-0x1b61b6].org.eclipse.eclipse[5640] SoapFaultException: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 341234927-21027 (-1418641549)

I was using the Eclipse plugin on OS X.

Thanks in advance.

• June 03, 2013

I am hoping to obtain feedback on how people are handling multiple developer environments. I assume most are using one environment to integrate changes from multiple developers, and those changes are eventually migrated to production.  I am interested in the state of the individual developer environments. Are you:

1) Requiring each develper keep their environment up to date with the integration environment so that when they migrate a change to the integration environment both environments remain identical.

2) Only require that each deveoper merge their changes into the integration environment.

I will add that I have reviewed the SF development lifecycle document.

Any feedback provided is appreciated. 

• January 22, 2013

Page 74 of the SP12 release notes state:

Some Email-to-Case users have experienced an email loop when sending auto-response messages to customers who have 

out–of–office notifications enabled. To address this issue, Winter ‘12 includes a new field on the rule entries page for 

Email-to-Case auto-response rules. The new field, Reply-toAddress, lets administrators specify the email address to 

which any replies to your auto-response messages are sent.

However, I do not see the reply to header in the email response from Salesforce, so (in Java) the From address is used. The from address is the address that triggers case creation on the Email-to-Case Routing (setup) page. So to be clear, in the above mentioned "rules entry page" we have the following specified:

Email Address: noreply@salesforce.com

Reply-to-Address: noreply@salesforce.com

The Sender header is set to "noreply@salesforce.com" but that does not help us.  I have tried a different email address in the reply-to-address field but it seems to make no difference. So if any has this working, can you explain what you did differently?

Thanks

• July 16, 2012

I found that I am able to access sandbox (test.salesforce.com) and production (login.salesforce.com) environments from home without my IP address being whitelisted. I believe prior to cs11 this was not the case, and that this was the purpose of the Setup | Administration Setup | Security Controls | Network Access page. Can someone shed some light on this? 

• May 19, 2012

We had KB version 1 installed and when version 2 was installed it appeared that the version 1 settings were migrated into the version 2 implementation. These setting can be seen on the PKB 2 Settings tab, but that tab does not provide me with a way to add settings. The apex page displayed by the above tab is pkb_Settings. However, if I go to Setup | App Setup | Develop | Custom Settings |  PKB, I see the same settings. This is through a native ui resource named viewCustomSettings. Here I was able to add additional settings. However, when I go back to the pkb_Settings page, the new settings do not appear there. Both of the settings resources reference the same API name, and they would seem to be related since they initially display the same custom settings. Has anyone encountered and/or resolved this issue?

Thanks

David

• April 20, 2012

I have created the following component:

Component:setCategoryName
<apex:component controller="MyControler">
	<apex:attribute name="myValue" description="A category name." type="String" required="true" assignTo="{!categoryName}" /> 
</apex:component>

I am using the component inside a <knowledge:categoryList> tag as follows:

<knowledge:categoryList categoryVar="category" categoryGroup="MyGroupCat" rootCategory="MyRootCat" level="-1"> 
   <c:setCategoryName myValue="{!category.name}" />

<apex:dataList value="{!kbList}" var="article" id="kbList"> 
       <li><a href="{!URLFOR($Action.KnowledgeArticle.View, article.id)}" target="javascript&colon;void(0);"  >{!article.title}</a></li>
   </apex:dataList>
</knowledge:categoryList> 

The MyController.kbList method requires that MyController.categoryName has been set, wit hthe property defined as follows:

public String categoryName{get;set;} 

My problem, within the  MyController.kbList method, categoryName is always null. In fact, when I provide debug statements with get/set bllock for categoryName I confirm that a value is never set. However, in the log I see the following:

CODE_UNIT_STARTED|[EXTERNAL]|MyControler set(categoryName,Category_Name_1)

With "Category_Name_1" being one of the {!category.name} values passed to the component by the <knowledge:categoryList> tag. Clearly the passed value is seen by the controller. Can someone help me understand what I am doing wrong? 

Thanks in advance.

David

• March 21, 2012

I was able to make use of the <knowledge:articleList> tag using a custom controler. I found that  the <knowledge:articleRendererToolBar> was not functional and documentation suggests it requires FAQ__kav as the standard controller. So I made the custom controller an extension as follows:

public class pkbController {  

public FAQ__kav pkbRecord{get;set;}

public pkbController () { 

String kid = System.currentPagereference().getParameters().get('kid');

if(kid != null) { 
         pkbRecord = [SELECT id, Summary, Title, KnowledgeArticleId, id, PublishStatus FROM FAQ__kav
                               WHERE    PublishStatus = 'Online' AND KnowledgeArticleId = :kid];
   }
 } 

public pkbController(ApexPages.standardController std) {
   this.pkbRecord = (FAQ__kav) std.getRecord();
 } 
}

In the associated page I changed this:

<apex:page controller="pkbController" ...

to this:

<apex:page standardController="FAQ__kav" extensions="pkbController" ....

In doing so, when the page now first displays an error page displays with the following message:

Id value null is not valid for the FAQ__kav standard controller

The variable Id is not referenced on the page. However, I found that when I appended "&Id=xyz" to the URL parameters where xyz is a valid Article Id, the page displays as it did previously, with the list of Articles retrieved during the keyword search. The problem is, when the page is first displayed there cannot be a valid ID available because that is generated when the user makes a selection from the <knowledge:articleList > list. Also, prior to implementing the extensions change, the Id of the selected article is contained in a URL parameter named "kid". 

Can someone explain:

1) Is FAQ__kav really needed as the standard controlller when using the <knowledge:articleRendererToolBar> tag? If now, would you know why the knowledge:articleRendererToolBar failed to function when fed a valid ID? 

2) Is there an obvious flaw in the extenstions setup? I assume this is so because when the page is first displayed there is no way an Article Id could be available since one has not been selected from the list of Articles.

Thanks in advance.

David

• March 17, 2012

This concerns the following issue:

Summer 13 Metadata call with large Package.xml file results in internal server error: -1418641549

It is detailed here:

https://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p30000000SwOyAAK

We have a workaround for the issue. However, I am doing some post-issue analysis and I am looking to see if anyone who looked at the logs on their local machine (as opposed to salesforce log) noticed the logging of a SOAP exception similar to the following:

5/17/13 1:31:44 PM [0x0-0x1b61b6].org.eclipse.eclipse[5640] SoapFaultException: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 341234927-21027 (-1418641549)

I was using the Eclipse plugin on OS X.

Thanks in advance.

• June 03, 2013

Is it possible to get case source details just like leads.

We are only working with cases.

Our costumers are comming into our system trough web to case.

Hi,

I am using Force.com ide plugin in Eclipse Helios. Currently it is version 23.0.

could any one suggest me on how to update the force.com ide to version 26.0?

Hi 

I have write a workflow rule .Each time the condition met the email will send to the people who are in the group.

when the people in the group received the email he will see all the other peple in group.I dont want he can see other

person in the list.

My reqt was every person will receive the email as personalised one.I want the email to go to number of people but when they received the email they can see only there name in the mail not others.

Is it possible to replicate the Activities (Task) object with a custom object? I know i could match the fields, however I can't find a way to have the ability to  make a recordtype recure like the task object is able to do. Anyone have any ideas? 

Is it possible to achieve SP initiated SSO where salesforce acts as IDP.

Note : User does not have to login into SP .

I have tried 1-1 mapping scenario and it is working in my case.

But I need information on "how to achieve SSO when user does not have identities at SP" . I am getting below exception:

saml authentication2.0 failed with message as "IDP provided a name identifier that could not be mapped to valid principal at SP .

Are there any known limitations when Salesforce is used as IDP ? I am currently using the evaluation version.

• May 18, 2012

Getting an error while configuring OpenAM. The error is emb.creatingfamsuffix.failure, refer to install.log.

Can anybody help.

Thanks in advance.

We had KB version 1 installed and when version 2 was installed it appeared that the version 1 settings were migrated into the version 2 implementation. These setting can be seen on the PKB 2 Settings tab, but that tab does not provide me with a way to add settings. The apex page displayed by the above tab is pkb_Settings. However, if I go to Setup | App Setup | Develop | Custom Settings |  PKB, I see the same settings. This is through a native ui resource named viewCustomSettings. Here I was able to add additional settings. However, when I go back to the pkb_Settings page, the new settings do not appear there. Both of the settings resources reference the same API name, and they would seem to be related since they initially display the same custom settings. Has anyone encountered and/or resolved this issue?

Thanks

David

• April 20, 2012

I have created the following component:

Component:setCategoryName
<apex:component controller="MyControler">
	<apex:attribute name="myValue" description="A category name." type="String" required="true" assignTo="{!categoryName}" /> 
</apex:component>

I am using the component inside a <knowledge:categoryList> tag as follows:

<knowledge:categoryList categoryVar="category" categoryGroup="MyGroupCat" rootCategory="MyRootCat" level="-1"> 
   <c:setCategoryName myValue="{!category.name}" />

<apex:dataList value="{!kbList}" var="article" id="kbList"> 
       <li><a href="{!URLFOR($Action.KnowledgeArticle.View, article.id)}" target="javascript&colon;void(0);"  >{!article.title}</a></li>
   </apex:dataList>
</knowledge:categoryList> 

The MyController.kbList method requires that MyController.categoryName has been set, wit hthe property defined as follows:

public String categoryName{get;set;} 

My problem, within the  MyController.kbList method, categoryName is always null. In fact, when I provide debug statements with get/set bllock for categoryName I confirm that a value is never set. However, in the log I see the following:

CODE_UNIT_STARTED|[EXTERNAL]|MyControler set(categoryName,Category_Name_1)

With "Category_Name_1" being one of the {!category.name} values passed to the component by the <knowledge:categoryList> tag. Clearly the passed value is seen by the controller. Can someone help me understand what I am doing wrong? 

Thanks in advance.

David

• March 21, 2012

I have this trigger that check/uncheck a box depending on another field and works fine

trigger setCheckBox on Opportunity( before insert , before update)

{ for(Opportunity obj : trigger.new)

{

obj.Desarrollos__c = obj.Desarrollos_Total__c == null ? false : true;

obj.IPTranfer__c = obj.IPTranfer_Total__c == null ? false : true;

obj.MAM_ARCHIVE__c = obj.MAM_Total__c == null ? false : true;

obj.Mantenimiento__c = obj.Mantenimiento_Total__c == null ? false : true;

obj.MCR__c = obj.MCR_Total__c == null ? false : true;

obj.NEWS__c = obj.NEWS_Total__c == null ? false : true;

obj.Otros__c = obj.Otros_Total__c == null ? false : true;

obj.Servicios_Instalaci_n_Formaci_n__c = obj.Instalaci_n_Formaci_n_To__c == null ? false : true;

obj.TV_Channel_in_a_Box_MATIC_CG__c = obj.MATIC_CG_Total__c == null ? false : true;

obj.S_T_M__c = obj.Trafico_CREA_Total__c == null ? false : true;

}

}

2. ISSUE:

We are entering Opportunities via Web, and the created by user  is 005200000015uqa. (Marketing VSN)

I do do not want the trigger to fire if the Opp is created or modified from the Web (so by the Marketing VSN)

I have tried to add an execption using:

UserInfo.getUserId(),

UserInfo.getName or LastName()

but is still not working and all the forum experts recommended not to use the ID.

Saleforce Solution

I've figured out how to add custom settings so that you can use them to exclude certain users from modyfing the fields that you're trigger updates, All the information I've included in this mail is available in the Apex developers guide at the following link

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/salesforce_apex_language_reference.pdf

trigger opportunityOverride on Opportunity( before insert , before update){

Boolean evaluate = false; // Not sure if here I have to use "Boolean evaluate" or the  Exclude_Marketing_for_Web__c (custom checkbox field in the custom setting) , but  got an error trying that.

OppExUsers__c CS = OppExUsers__c.getInstance(UserInfo.getUserId()) ;

if(CS != NULL){
evaluate = CS.excludefromOpp__c;
}
if(evaluate == false){
for(Opportunity obj : trigger.new)
{
obj.PO__c = '85551';
}
}
}

When that's all done you just need to add some users to the custom setting which you can do by going to "Custom Settings" and clicking "Manage" then "New" (the second "New" button on the page, then you select user from "Location" and search for the User in the lookup field.

obviously in order for this to work you have to create a custom setting and add a custom field to that in order to use it, here's how you do that :

Click on <Your Name> | Setup | Develop | Custom Settings

Click on "New", and enter the following information
- Label (whatever you like)
- Object Name (this will auto populate)
- Setting Type (This should be Hierarchy)
- Visibility (make this public)
- Description (optional)

When you've done this you need to add a custom field to the Custom Setting, you can do this by clicking on "Custom Settings" in the Setup Menu , then click on the name of the Custom Setting (that you set in the Label above) .

When you're in the Custom Setting you can then create a custom field. For your situation, and the example I have given above, I think a checkbox is best. So click "New" select "checkbox" give it a label and it's default value etc click "next " then "save" on the next page.

Custom Setting Definition Detail : Opportunity_Web__c

Custom Field Definition Detail: Exclude_Marketing_for_Web__c

I have created the trigger but I also have the other one (first one at the top of the page)so do not know how to mix them

//create a boolean value to evaluate
  Boolean evaluate = false;
// Create a new customSettings object and load the values from the Systems
custom settings for the user that fired the trigger
  Opportunity_Web__c  CS =
Opportunity_Web__c.getInstance(UserInfo.getUserId()) ;

//If the custom setting exists, i.e. if a custom setting was found in the
step code above

if(CS != NULL){
//if the Custom Setting does exist, evaluate the value of the custom field
   evaluate = CS.Exclude_Marketing_for_Web__c;
   }
//evaluate whether the boolean has been set to true, this will only happen
if the user a) has a custom setting AND b) the custom field is set to "true"
       if(evaluate == false){
           for(Opportunity obj : trigger.new)
              {
              //YOUR CODE FOR ALL OTHER USERS HERE, i.e. what is in the
original trigger
              }
       }
}

Any help will be much appreciated!!

I haven't had much luck getting SSO to work with my SAML assertion. Has anyone got this to work? If so, what does your saml response look like?  I signed my assertion and I believe everything is correct, yet the login history gives me "Failed: Assertion Invalid"

Any ideas?

Thank you.