• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I have created a custom object and created a Approval process for records that enter a certain criteria in that object. I have assigned a custom Visual Force Email Template to the Approval process. And based on the approval or rejection a field is updated approriately. While testing I was not able to approve the record, the steps that I followed are

• Create a new record based on the critera
  • Click on the Submit for Approval button
  • I received email in the customer email template that I assigned in the user email address who will approve the record
  • I replied to the email with "Approve" in the first line (the reply went to something@something.wrkfl.salesforce.com)
  • There are no errors received but still record is still not approved.
Could someone point out what is happening here and what needs to been done to get this going.
Thanks
KD

I have encountered a strange problem with a visualforce email template. When I preview the template everything seems to be fine. It appears as I expect in the preview window of the salesforce interface, and the test emails that I send to myself via the 'Preview' button arrive without a problem. However, when the approval process rule triggers the email to be sent the only thing that my users are receiving is an email with the subject only...the body of the email is completely blank! I have yet to figure out why this is, so if anybody has any suggestions I would be very grateful.
Code:
<messaging:emailTemplate subject="New Web-to-Trial Request requires your Approval" recipientType="User" relatedToType="Opportunity">
<messaging:htmlEmailBody >
   <html>
     <body>

<style type="text/css">
      p.regular {font-family: arial; size: 8pt;}
      p.small {font-family: arial; size 8pt; line-height: 100%}
    </style>  
    <p class="regular">
    <br>A New Trial Request has been submitted.</br>
    <br>Account: <apex:outputLabel >{!relatedTo.Account.Name}</apex:outputLabel></br>
    <br><apex:outputText >Requested By: {!relatedTo.Contact__r.Name}</apex:outputText></br> 
     <br>To approve, simply type 'Approved' in your response. You can also review the Opportunity or Approve online at https://emea.salesforce.com/{!relatedTo.Id}</br>
     </p>
     </body>
   </html>
</messaging:htmlEmailBody>
</messaging:emailTemplate>

Message Edited by AKall on 01-16-2009 01:26 PM
  • January 16, 2009