• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hey all!

I'm wondering why our Developer here at my company is getting this error when he's just typing in code into the console - nothing else.

An unexpected error has occured. 1890225493-1668894 (528326319) for deploymentID=1drK0000000KTj6IAC  If this persists, please contact customer support. 

Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks!
I'll be honest: I'm trying to make a formula as a prank joke on a coworker in my sandbox.

I'm trying to get the 'last name' to update to 'Awesome' whenever it's edited. 

However, on the field update formula, I'm not able to actually save JUST a comment when using this formula  /*Awesome*/.

Any guidance?

And thanks!
Hey all!

I have two custom objects that I created.  I have a 'date' field in one of them and want to add the value of that date field to the 2nd custom object.

However, when I try to reference that object (new schools) to the 2nd object field, I get a field error.  This is what my formula looks like:

new_schools__r.install_date__c

Any help would be much appreciated!! 

-Jake
Hey all!

Would love to make this formula work, but I am not quite sure howo do so yet.

TODAY() - LastActivityDate

IF
( pi__score__c >=100, IMAGE("/img/samples/flag_green.gif","Greater Than 100 "),
IF
( pi__score__c <=49,IMAGE("/img/samples/flag_red.gif","Less than 49 "),

IMAGE("/img/samples/flag_yellow.gif","null")
)
)

The first part of this whole mess has been around for about 3 years, and the IF formula is the new addition I would like to make work.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Hey all, 

I have the following rule that works well:

AND(
NOT ISBLANK(MailingState),
LEN(MailingState )<>2
)

However, I need to exclude two record types called 'student' and 'professional' - how can I do that here without breaking the rule?

Thanks!
Hi all!

Trying to make a validation rule on the Lead Object that would throw an error whenever the zip code is not equal to having 5 numbers in it. 

Right now I have this:

LEN(Postalcode)<>5

However, this throws an error whenever the zip isn't filled out - I need it to trigger whenever that zip code field is filled out but isn't 5 numbers.  

Thanks for any help you can give!
Hey all,

I have no clue how to build triggers, but i know I need one to update a custom field on the task object.

Basically, I need the trigger to look up whatever the tasks are related to, take a bit of that name (we'll call it an office location) and then based upon that name, update the custom task field (which would take that very name we're looking at to make the trigger fire).

Any idea on how to do this?  Could someone point me in the right direction?  

Thanks so much!!

-Jake
Hi there!

I would love to update a task field based upon a custom object I made, but I'm fairly sure it's not possible.

So I'm trying to figure out the best way to take a custom object field and update a custom field on the Task object?  

I hope triggers aren't involved as my coding skills are a bit rusty, but please let me know what you all think is best!

Thanks a ton!

-Jake
Hi there!

I already have mutliple pricebooks with hundreds of products in them in Salesforce - but I need to add new pricebooks for this years' prices. 

Is there a straight-forward way of doing this without having to populate the standard pricebook with the updated prices on products? 

Thanks!
Hey all!

Trying to make a formula that will show as a 'green flag' if this field is having a value of 100 or greater.

IF (pi__score__c  > "100",IMAGE("/img/samples/flag-green.gif","green"),IMAGE("/img/samples/flag_red.gif","red"))

However I'm getting an error - any thoughts as to why?  I'm wondering if it's because of the custom field? 

Thanks!

Hey all.

I have a custom butten that resides on my opportunity (renamed 'School Contract').

I want it so that once the custom button is clicked, the 'School Contract' Stage field is updated to 'Contract Completed'.

How can I do this? 

Keep in mind I'm not a very strong coder!!

Thanks a ton!

-Jake

How do I enter the view that comes up right after I select a bunch of products in salesforce?  Specifically, the view that allows me to pick the quantity number.

I want to add fields to that view, but can't figure it out.

Thanks for any guidance!

-Jake

OK, so I know nothing about apex code.

I want to take this code below, though, and copy it to have the ability to make a 'second' contact record - I will just have to swap out some fields. 

However, I'm having a compilling error with this code at line 100 - and it has to do with the latest release of Sumer '13.  How can I make this code work for a SECOND record being created?

Thanks so much!

public with sharing class ContactExtenssion {
public Contact ContactObj {get;set;}

public ContactExtenssion(ApexPages.StandardController cont) {
Id ContactId = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id');
ContactObj = (ContactId == null) ? new Contact() : [Select c.silverpop__Silverpop_RecipientID__c, c.silverpop__Silverpop_Lead_Score__c, c.silverpop__Silverpop_Lead_Rank__c, c.silverpop__Silverpop_Behavior_Score__c, c.silverpop__Lead_Score__c, c.silverpop__Lead_Rank__c, c.silverpop__CRMI_Modified_Date__c, c.Website__c, c.Tour_Scheduled__c, c.Tour_Registered_Date__c, c.Tour_Interview_date_completed__c, c.Tour_Interview_Completed__c, c.Title, c.SystemModstamp, c.Suffix__c, c.Student_Profile__c, c.Specialty__c, c.Special_Needs_Circumstances__c, c.Size_of_Practice__c, c.Secondary_Phone_Type__c, c.Secondary_Last_Name__c, c.Secondary_First_Name__c, c.Secondary_Contact_Relationship__c, c.School_Interested_In__c, c.Salutation, c.ReportsToId, c.Remove_from_Auto_Mailings__c, c.Relationship_with_School__c, c.Referred_by2_del__c, c.Referred_Student__c, c.Referred_By_del__c, c.Referred_By_Source_of_Contact__c, c.Referral_Value_Rating__c, c.Referral_Value_Rating_Indicator__c, c.RecordTypeId, c.Reason_for_inquiry_to_our_school__c, c.Professional_Type__c, c.Professional_Contact__c, c.Profession__c, c.Primary_Phone_Type__c, c.Primary_Phone_2__c, c.Primary_Phone_2_Type__c, c.Primary_Contact__c, c.Primary_Contact_Relationship__c, c.Primary_Contact_Prof_Secondary_Phone__c, c.Primary_Contact_Prof_Lifecycle_Status__c, c.Primary_Contact_Enrollment_Date__c, c.Previously_Referred__c, c.Phone, c.Partner__c, c.Parent_Zip__c, c.Parent_State__c, c.Parent_City__c, c.Parent_Address__c, c.OwnerId, c.OtherStreet, c.OtherState, c.OtherPostalCode, c.OtherCountry, c.OtherCity, c.Original_Campaign_Name__c, c.Number_of_Children_Registering__c, c.Name, c.MasterRecordId, c.MailingStreet, c.MailingState, c.MailingPostalCode, c.MailingCountry, c.MailingCity, c.Linkedin__c, c.Lifecycle_Status__c, c.Level_of_Interest__c, c.Lead_Record_Type__c, c.LeadSource, c.LastName, c.LastModifiedDate, c.LastModifiedById, c.LastCUUpdateDate, c.LastCURequestDate, c.LastActivityDate, c.IsDeleted, c.Interested_in__c, c.Interest_Level__c, c.Interest_Level_Indicator__c, c.Inquiry_Source__c, c.Information_Packet_Sent__c, c.Id, c.How_Did_You_Hear_About_Us__c, c.History_or_concerns__c, c.HasOptedOutOfEmail, c.Grade_Interested_In__c, c.Gender__c, c.FirstName, c.Father_s_Last_Name__c, c.Father_s_First_Name__c, c.Facebook__c, c.ExternalID__c, c.Event_Registered_For__c, c.Enrollment_Year__c, c.Enrollment_Month__c, c.EmailBouncedReason, c.EmailBouncedDate, c.Email, c.Do_Not_Contact__c, c.Division_Interest__c, c.Desires_Tour__c, c.Description, c.CreatedDate, c.CreatedById, c.Contact_Rating_II__c, c.Competitor__c, c.Comments__c, c.Child_s_Middle_Name__c, c.Child_s_Last_Name__c, c.Child_s_First_Name__c, c.Candidate_Potential__c, c.Board_Member__c, c.Birthdate__c, c.Birthdate, c.Affiliations__c, c.Additional_Needs__c, c.Actual_Tour_Time__c, c.Actual_Tour_Date__c, c.AccountId From Contact c where Id =: ContactId];

}

public PageReference Redirect(){
list<User> usr = [Select Id from User where ProfileId =: userinfo.getProfileId()];
PageReference ContactClone;
Contact ClonedContact = new Contact();
ClonedContact = ContactClone();
ContactObj = ResetContact();
try{
insert ClonedContact;
update ContactObj;
ContactClone = new PageReference('/' + ClonedContact.Id);
ContactClone.setRedirect(true);
return ContactClone;
}catch (Exception e) {
ContactClone = new PageReference('/' + ContactObj.Id);
ContactObj.addError(e.getDmlMessage(0));
return ContactClone;
}
}

public Contact ContactClone(){
List<RecordType> RType = [Select r.SobjectType, r.Name, r.Id From RecordType r where SobjectType = 'Contact' and Name = 'Student'];
ClonedContact.ownerId = ContactObj.OwnerId;
ClonedContact.RecordTypeId = RType.get(0).id;
ClonedContact.AccountId = ContactObj.AccountId;
ClonedContact.Child_s_First_Name__c = ContactObj.Child_s_First_Name__c;
ClonedContact.Child_s_Last_Name__c = ContactObj.Child_s_Last_Name__c;
ClonedContact.FirstName = ContactObj.FirstName;
ClonedContact.LastName = ContactObj.LastName;
ClonedContact.Relationship_with_School__c = 'Registered';
ClonedContact.Lifecycle_Status__c = 'Registered';

if(ContactObj.Child_s_First_Name__c != null && ContactObj.Child_s_Last_Name__c != null){
ClonedContact.FirstName = ContactObj.Child_s_First_Name__c;
ClonedContact.LastName = ContactObj.Child_s_Last_Name__c;
}
ClonedContact.phone = ContactObj.phone;
ClonedContact.Primary_Phone_Type__c = ContactObj.Primary_Phone_Type__c;
ClonedContact.Primary_Phone_2__c = ContactObj.Primary_Phone_2__c;
ClonedContact.Primary_Phone_2_Type__c = ContactObj.Primary_Phone_2_Type__c;
ClonedContact.Additional_Needs__c = ContactObj.Additional_Needs__c;
ClonedContact.Email = '';

//Mailing Address
ClonedContact.MailingStreet = ContactObj.MailingStreet;
ClonedContact.MailingState = ContactObj.MailingState;
ClonedContact.MailingPostalCode = ContactObj.MailingPostalCode;
ClonedContact.MailingCountry= ContactObj.MailingCountry;
ClonedContact.MailingCity = ContactObj.MailingCity;
ClonedContact.Professional_Contact__c = ContactObj.Professional_Contact__c;
ClonedContact.Referred_by2_del__c = ContactObj.Referred_by2_del__c;
ClonedContact.Referred_By_Source_of_Contact__c = ContactObj.Referred_By_Source_of_Contact__c;

//Student Requirements
ClonedContact.Enrollment_Year__c = ContactObj.Enrollment_Year__c;
ClonedContact.Enrollment_Month__c = ContactObj.Enrollment_Month__c;
ClonedContact.Grade_Interested_In__c = ContactObj.Grade_Interested_In__c;
ClonedContact.School_Interested_In__c = ContactObj.School_Interested_In__c;
ClonedContact.Division_Interest__c = ContactObj.Division_Interest__c;
ClonedContact.Student_Profile__c = ContactObj.Student_Profile__c;
ClonedContact.History_or_concerns__c = ContactObj.History_or_concerns__c;
ClonedContact.Special_Needs_Circumstances__c = ContactObj.Special_Needs_Circumstances__c;
ClonedContact.Reason_for_inquiry_to_our_school__c = ContactObj.Reason_for_inquiry_to_our_school__c;
ClonedContact.Candidate_Potential__c = ContactObj.Candidate_Potential__c;
ClonedContact.Original_Campaign_Name__c = ContactObj.Original_Campaign_Name__c;
ClonedContact.Inquiry_Source__c = ContactObj.Inquiry_Source__c;
ClonedContact.How_Did_You_Hear_About_Us__c = ContactObj.How_Did_You_Hear_About_Us__c;
ClonedContact.Event_Registered_For__c = ContactObj.Event_Registered_For__c;
ClonedContact.Birthdate__c = ContactObj.Birthdate__c;
ClonedContact.Gender__c = ContactObj.Gender__c;
//Tour Information
ClonedContact.Actual_Tour_Date__c = ContactObj.Actual_Tour_Date__c;
ClonedContact.Actual_Tour_Time__c = ContactObj.Actual_Tour_Time__c;

return ClonedContact;
}

public Contact ResetContact(){
ContactObj.Special_Needs_Circumstances__c = '';
ContactObj.Student_Profile__c = '';
ContactObj.History_or_concerns__c = '';
ContactObj.Reason_for_inquiry_to_our_school__c = '';
ContactObj.Additional_Needs__c = '';
return ContactObj;
}
static testMethod void TestContactExtenssion() {
Account Acc = new Account(Name = 'Fareed');
insert Acc;
Contact newContact = new Contact(LastName = 'Test Contact', AccountId = Acc.id, Child_s_First_Name__c = 'Fareed', Child_s_Last_Name__c = 'Baig');
insert newContact;
ApexPages.StandardController con = new ApexPages.StandardController(newContact);
ApexPages.Pagereference pageRef = Page.ContactClone;
pageRef.getParameters().put('id', newContact.Id);
Test.setCurrentPage(pageRef);
ContactExtenssion controllerExtension = new ContactExtenssion(con);

Test.startTest();
controllerExtension.Redirect();
Test.stopTest();

}

}

Hey all!

I'm wanting to map contact fields to my opportunities, but I don't want to have to use a trigger for this.

Is there a way (or two) that I could do this through using w/f's?

Thanks!

-Jake

I'm wondering if I can upload a set of numbers in a different software (other than salesforce) into a salesforce auto number field without the upload doc numbers being changed?

Will the excel numbers I place in the salesforce auto-number field stay the same?  Or change based upon the auto-field function?

Thanks!

Hey all! 

I need to pull HTML of some custom fields I made on the contact and opportunity objects - is there a way to do this? 

It would be awesome if I could simply pull it like we can pull fields on the lead object!!

Any advice is much appreciated!

-JG

Hey all!

I'm wondering if it's possible to load into salesforce.com a bunch of prices to products already in the system? 

OR is it possible to add both products and prices into salesforce at the same time through the data loader?  I have a lot and would love to load them in through this way.

Thanks for the guidance!

-JG

Hi all!

So I want it so that when I convert a record, it goes to the contact record, not the account.

I have a custom button already made to convert (this is used so that a new opportunity isn't automatically made once I convert) - I was thinking I could just add a line of code there but don't know what to add.

Any help would be most appreciated! 

Thanks!

-JG

Hi all!

I'm trying to have a field on a campaign page layout that, upon creation of a new campaign, automatically pulls the campaign id from the URL and plugs it into the new field.

However, I am not finding any info on how to actually have a formula pull that url string.

Any help on the above would be most appreciated! 

Thanks!

-JG

Hi all!

I'm trying to get a field to auto update based upon the formula below:

text(Campus__c)&" "&StartDate&" "& Type "

It's supposed to update to '(School Location) - 10-23-2012 - Open House'

However, the formula isn't working.

Thanks for any help!

Hey all!

I'm wondering why our Developer here at my company is getting this error when he's just typing in code into the console - nothing else.

An unexpected error has occured. 1890225493-1668894 (528326319) for deploymentID=1drK0000000KTj6IAC  If this persists, please contact customer support. 

Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks!
Hey all!

I have two custom objects that I created.  I have a 'date' field in one of them and want to add the value of that date field to the 2nd custom object.

However, when I try to reference that object (new schools) to the 2nd object field, I get a field error.  This is what my formula looks like:

new_schools__r.install_date__c

Any help would be much appreciated!! 

-Jake
Hey all!

Would love to make this formula work, but I am not quite sure howo do so yet.

TODAY() - LastActivityDate

IF
( pi__score__c >=100, IMAGE("/img/samples/flag_green.gif","Greater Than 100 "),
IF
( pi__score__c <=49,IMAGE("/img/samples/flag_red.gif","Less than 49 "),

IMAGE("/img/samples/flag_yellow.gif","null")
)
)

The first part of this whole mess has been around for about 3 years, and the IF formula is the new addition I would like to make work.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Hey all, 

I have the following rule that works well:

AND(
NOT ISBLANK(MailingState),
LEN(MailingState )<>2
)

However, I need to exclude two record types called 'student' and 'professional' - how can I do that here without breaking the rule?

Thanks!
Hi all!

Trying to make a validation rule on the Lead Object that would throw an error whenever the zip code is not equal to having 5 numbers in it. 

Right now I have this:

LEN(Postalcode)<>5

However, this throws an error whenever the zip isn't filled out - I need it to trigger whenever that zip code field is filled out but isn't 5 numbers.  

Thanks for any help you can give!
Hey all!

Trying to make a formula that will show as a 'green flag' if this field is having a value of 100 or greater.

IF (pi__score__c  > "100",IMAGE("/img/samples/flag-green.gif","green"),IMAGE("/img/samples/flag_red.gif","red"))

However I'm getting an error - any thoughts as to why?  I'm wondering if it's because of the custom field? 

Thanks!

Hey all.

I have a custom butten that resides on my opportunity (renamed 'School Contract').

I want it so that once the custom button is clicked, the 'School Contract' Stage field is updated to 'Contract Completed'.

How can I do this? 

Keep in mind I'm not a very strong coder!!

Thanks a ton!

-Jake

OK, so I know nothing about apex code.

I want to take this code below, though, and copy it to have the ability to make a 'second' contact record - I will just have to swap out some fields. 

However, I'm having a compilling error with this code at line 100 - and it has to do with the latest release of Sumer '13.  How can I make this code work for a SECOND record being created?

Thanks so much!

public with sharing class ContactExtenssion {
public Contact ContactObj {get;set;}

public ContactExtenssion(ApexPages.StandardController cont) {
Id ContactId = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id');
ContactObj = (ContactId == null) ? new Contact() : [Select c.silverpop__Silverpop_RecipientID__c, c.silverpop__Silverpop_Lead_Score__c, c.silverpop__Silverpop_Lead_Rank__c, c.silverpop__Silverpop_Behavior_Score__c, c.silverpop__Lead_Score__c, c.silverpop__Lead_Rank__c, c.silverpop__CRMI_Modified_Date__c, c.Website__c, c.Tour_Scheduled__c, c.Tour_Registered_Date__c, c.Tour_Interview_date_completed__c, c.Tour_Interview_Completed__c, c.Title, c.SystemModstamp, c.Suffix__c, c.Student_Profile__c, c.Specialty__c, c.Special_Needs_Circumstances__c, c.Size_of_Practice__c, c.Secondary_Phone_Type__c, c.Secondary_Last_Name__c, c.Secondary_First_Name__c, c.Secondary_Contact_Relationship__c, c.School_Interested_In__c, c.Salutation, c.ReportsToId, c.Remove_from_Auto_Mailings__c, c.Relationship_with_School__c, c.Referred_by2_del__c, c.Referred_Student__c, c.Referred_By_del__c, c.Referred_By_Source_of_Contact__c, c.Referral_Value_Rating__c, c.Referral_Value_Rating_Indicator__c, c.RecordTypeId, c.Reason_for_inquiry_to_our_school__c, c.Professional_Type__c, c.Professional_Contact__c, c.Profession__c, c.Primary_Phone_Type__c, c.Primary_Phone_2__c, c.Primary_Phone_2_Type__c, c.Primary_Contact__c, c.Primary_Contact_Relationship__c, c.Primary_Contact_Prof_Secondary_Phone__c, c.Primary_Contact_Prof_Lifecycle_Status__c, c.Primary_Contact_Enrollment_Date__c, c.Previously_Referred__c, c.Phone, c.Partner__c, c.Parent_Zip__c, c.Parent_State__c, c.Parent_City__c, c.Parent_Address__c, c.OwnerId, c.OtherStreet, c.OtherState, c.OtherPostalCode, c.OtherCountry, c.OtherCity, c.Original_Campaign_Name__c, c.Number_of_Children_Registering__c, c.Name, c.MasterRecordId, c.MailingStreet, c.MailingState, c.MailingPostalCode, c.MailingCountry, c.MailingCity, c.Linkedin__c, c.Lifecycle_Status__c, c.Level_of_Interest__c, c.Lead_Record_Type__c, c.LeadSource, c.LastName, c.LastModifiedDate, c.LastModifiedById, c.LastCUUpdateDate, c.LastCURequestDate, c.LastActivityDate, c.IsDeleted, c.Interested_in__c, c.Interest_Level__c, c.Interest_Level_Indicator__c, c.Inquiry_Source__c, c.Information_Packet_Sent__c, c.Id, c.How_Did_You_Hear_About_Us__c, c.History_or_concerns__c, c.HasOptedOutOfEmail, c.Grade_Interested_In__c, c.Gender__c, c.FirstName, c.Father_s_Last_Name__c, c.Father_s_First_Name__c, c.Facebook__c, c.ExternalID__c, c.Event_Registered_For__c, c.Enrollment_Year__c, c.Enrollment_Month__c, c.EmailBouncedReason, c.EmailBouncedDate, c.Email, c.Do_Not_Contact__c, c.Division_Interest__c, c.Desires_Tour__c, c.Description, c.CreatedDate, c.CreatedById, c.Contact_Rating_II__c, c.Competitor__c, c.Comments__c, c.Child_s_Middle_Name__c, c.Child_s_Last_Name__c, c.Child_s_First_Name__c, c.Candidate_Potential__c, c.Board_Member__c, c.Birthdate__c, c.Birthdate, c.Affiliations__c, c.Additional_Needs__c, c.Actual_Tour_Time__c, c.Actual_Tour_Date__c, c.AccountId From Contact c where Id =: ContactId];

}

public PageReference Redirect(){
list<User> usr = [Select Id from User where ProfileId =: userinfo.getProfileId()];
PageReference ContactClone;
ClonedContact = ContactClone();
ContactObj = ResetContact();
try{
insert ClonedContact;
update ContactObj;
ContactClone = new PageReference('/' + ClonedContact.Id);
return ContactClone;
}catch (Exception e) {
ContactClone = new PageReference('/' + ContactObj.Id);
ContactObj.addError(e.getDmlMessage(0));
return ContactClone;
}
}

public Contact ContactClone(){
List<RecordType> RType = [Select r.SobjectType, r.Name, r.Id From RecordType r where SobjectType = 'Contact' and Name = 'Student'];
ClonedContact.ownerId = ContactObj.OwnerId;
ClonedContact.RecordTypeId = RType.get(0).id;
ClonedContact.AccountId = ContactObj.AccountId;
ClonedContact.Child_s_First_Name__c = ContactObj.Child_s_First_Name__c;
ClonedContact.Child_s_Last_Name__c = ContactObj.Child_s_Last_Name__c;
ClonedContact.FirstName = ContactObj.FirstName;
ClonedContact.LastName = ContactObj.LastName;
ClonedContact.Relationship_with_School__c = 'Registered';
ClonedContact.Lifecycle_Status__c = 'Registered';

if(ContactObj.Child_s_First_Name__c != null && ContactObj.Child_s_Last_Name__c != null){
ClonedContact.FirstName = ContactObj.Child_s_First_Name__c;
ClonedContact.LastName = ContactObj.Child_s_Last_Name__c;
}
ClonedContact.phone = ContactObj.phone;
ClonedContact.Primary_Phone_Type__c = ContactObj.Primary_Phone_Type__c;
ClonedContact.Primary_Phone_2__c = ContactObj.Primary_Phone_2__c;
ClonedContact.Primary_Phone_2_Type__c = ContactObj.Primary_Phone_2_Type__c;
ClonedContact.Additional_Needs__c = ContactObj.Additional_Needs__c;
ClonedContact.Email = '';

//Mailing Address
ClonedContact.MailingStreet = ContactObj.MailingStreet;
ClonedContact.MailingState = ContactObj.MailingState;
ClonedContact.MailingPostalCode = ContactObj.MailingPostalCode;
ClonedContact.MailingCountry= ContactObj.MailingCountry;
ClonedContact.MailingCity = ContactObj.MailingCity;
ClonedContact.Referred_by2_del__c = ContactObj.Referred_by2_del__c;
ClonedContact.Referred_By_Source_of_Contact__c = ContactObj.Referred_By_Source_of_Contact__c;

//Student Requirements
ClonedContact.Enrollment_Year__c = ContactObj.Enrollment_Year__c;
ClonedContact.Enrollment_Month__c = ContactObj.Enrollment_Month__c;
ClonedContact.Grade_Interested_In__c = ContactObj.Grade_Interested_In__c;
ClonedContact.School_Interested_In__c = ContactObj.School_Interested_In__c;
ClonedContact.Division_Interest__c = ContactObj.Division_Interest__c;
ClonedContact.Student_Profile__c = ContactObj.Student_Profile__c;
ClonedContact.History_or_concerns__c = ContactObj.History_or_concerns__c;
ClonedContact.Special_Needs_Circumstances__c = ContactObj.Special_Needs_Circumstances__c;
ClonedContact.Reason_for_inquiry_to_our_school__c = ContactObj.Reason_for_inquiry_to_our_school__c;
ClonedContact.Candidate_Potential__c = ContactObj.Candidate_Potential__c;
ClonedContact.Original_Campaign_Name__c = ContactObj.Original_Campaign_Name__c;
ClonedContact.Inquiry_Source__c = ContactObj.Inquiry_Source__c;
ClonedContact.How_Did_You_Hear_About_Us__c = ContactObj.How_Did_You_Hear_About_Us__c;
ClonedContact.Birthdate__c = ContactObj.Birthdate__c;
ClonedContact.Gender__c = ContactObj.Gender__c;
//Tour Information
ClonedContact.Actual_Tour_Date__c = ContactObj.Actual_Tour_Date__c;
ClonedContact.Actual_Tour_Time__c = ContactObj.Actual_Tour_Time__c;

return ClonedContact;
}

public Contact ResetContact(){
ContactObj.Student_Profile__c = '';
ContactObj.History_or_concerns__c = '';
ContactObj.Reason_for_inquiry_to_our_school__c = '';
ContactObj.Additional_Needs__c = '';
return ContactObj;
}
static testMethod void TestContactExtenssion() {
Account Acc = new Account(Name = 'Fareed');
insert Acc;
Contact newContact = new Contact(LastName = 'Test Contact', AccountId = Acc.id, Child_s_First_Name__c = 'Fareed', Child_s_Last_Name__c = 'Baig');
insert newContact;
ApexPages.StandardController con = new ApexPages.StandardController(newContact);
ApexPages.Pagereference pageRef = Page.ContactClone;
pageRef.getParameters().put('id', newContact.Id);
ContactExtenssion controllerExtension = new ContactExtenssion(con);

Test.startTest();
controllerExtension.Redirect();
Test.stopTest();

}

}

Hey all!

I'm wanting to map contact fields to my opportunities, but I don't want to have to use a trigger for this.

Is there a way (or two) that I could do this through using w/f's?

Thanks!

-Jake

I'm wondering if I can upload a set of numbers in a different software (other than salesforce) into a salesforce auto number field without the upload doc numbers being changed?

Will the excel numbers I place in the salesforce auto-number field stay the same?  Or change based upon the auto-field function?

Thanks!

Hey all! 

I need to pull HTML of some custom fields I made on the contact and opportunity objects - is there a way to do this? 

It would be awesome if I could simply pull it like we can pull fields on the lead object!!

Any advice is much appreciated!

-JG

Hi all!

So I want it so that when I convert a record, it goes to the contact record, not the account.

I have a custom button already made to convert (this is used so that a new opportunity isn't automatically made once I convert) - I was thinking I could just add a line of code there but don't know what to add.

Any help would be most appreciated! 

Thanks!

-JG

Hi all!

I'm trying to have a field on a campaign page layout that, upon creation of a new campaign, automatically pulls the campaign id from the URL and plugs it into the new field.

However, I am not finding any info on how to actually have a formula pull that url string.

Any help on the above would be most appreciated! 

Thanks!

-JG

I need some help, I would like a content folder on Salesforce content to store some Employee focused IT How-To docs.    Should be readable by all, and editable by the IT Team.

HOW DO I DO THAT...please help

Hi all!

I'm trying to get a field to auto update based upon the formula below:

text(Campus__c)&" "&StartDate&" "& Type "

It's supposed to update to '(School Location) - 10-23-2012 - Open House'

However, the formula isn't working.

Thanks for any help!

Hey all!

My salesforce org is getting pretty big, and dupes are becoming an issue more and more each day.

Right now I have to manually merge them based off of alerts.

Is there an app out there that auto-merges any dupe record once it's caught in salesforce?

Thanks for any help!

-JG

Hi all!  

So I'm wondering how to separate one of my divisions in Salesforce off completely into another database.  I currently use seperate record types, profiles, page layouts and the like, but I want a completely different database here.  This is because my company could potentially one day be selling one of our divisions.   

What is the best way to do this now so that I can get a head-start here?  Any ideas are appreciated.  

Oh, I have the Enterprise Edition also. 

Thanks a lot!!!