• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am using Apex Data Loader 18 to import records into a custom object I created.  My SDL field mapping file has a line that looks like this:

Attorney_Firm_Key=Account\:External_Key__c

My CSV import is structured correctly, the External_Key__c field exists in the Account object, and it is appropriately marked as an external identifier.

I know this general import method can work, as I have successfully imported our company contacts from an external system and linked them to their related accounts with the same "Account\:External_Key__c" value.

My problem is that running the import for my custom object fails with the following message:

"Invalid property name 'Account:External_Key__c'"

When I look at my Enterprise WSDL, the Account object has External_Key__c listed.

Again, I am confused that this would work for importing Contacts but not for importing custom objects.

I was able to temporarily work around this issue by using Import Custom Objects under Data Management in our SFDC org.

I'd like to know what's going on and how to fix it so that I can setup automated nightly imports using the Data Loader.  Any help would be appreciated.