• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I understand that Salesforce started as a Business-To-Business channel only company. However, with the ability to enable "Person Accounts", and therefore supporting the Business-To-Consumer sales channel also, why isn't it possible to include them in unmanaged or managed packages?

Our product relies critically on Person Accounts being enabled for our customers. Since this feature isn't currently packagable, our company has endured much time and effort to work around this limitation. If you think Person Accounts should be packagable, please promote the following idea:

allow references to PersonAccounts when creating packages

I understand that Salesforce started as a Business-To-Business channel only company. However, with the ability to enable "Person Accounts", and therefore supporting the Business-To-Consumer sales channel also, why isn't it possible to include them in unmanaged or managed packages?

Our product relies critically on Person Accounts being enabled for our customers. Since this feature isn't currently packagable, our company has endured much time and effort to work around this limitation. If you think Person Accounts should be packagable, please promote the following idea:

allow references to PersonAccounts when creating packages

Hi All,

I would like to be able to call the SF Metadata API from Apex code in my custom app.

I went to Setup/App Setup/Develop/API and clicked on 'Download Metadata WSDL' and saved it to my hard drive.

Then I went to Setup/App Setup/Develop/ApexClasses and clicked on the 'Generate from WSDL' button. For Step 1, I navigate to the Metadata WSDL that I just saved and click 'Parse WSDL.' This takes me to the Step 2 screen where I then click on the 'Generate Apex code' button.

This takes me to the Step 3 screen which shows this error:

<error>

Apex generation failed.

Error message:
Error: Class name 'Metadata' already in use. Please edit WSDL to remove repeated names

</error>

Does this error mean that what I am attempting to do is not allowed? If it is allowed, how do I get around this error.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew