• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

I am using the bulk upload code described at http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api_asynch/.

The only difference is that i am uploading a custom object type. The object has been defined in SalesForce. But when i refer to the object (named Employee) i get error "Unable to find object: Employee". Tried with Employee_c as well. Same result. 

Any pointers would be appreciated

thank you

Sameer

Hi,

I need help with the osql to get accounts for an AccountTeamMember (one user) using the REST API.  It would be similar to:

"Select Id, Name, BillingStreet, BillingCity, BillingState From Account Where Account.AccountTeamMember.UserId = '"

+ myTokens.get_id() + "'";

Thanks,

Gerry

Hi,

I need help with the osql to get accounts for an AccountTeamMember (one user) using the REST API.  It would be similar to:

"Select Id, Name, BillingStreet, BillingCity, BillingState From Account Where Account.AccountTeamMember.UserId = '"

Thanks,

Gerry

Hi,

Thanks,

Gerry

I am new to the Salesforce REST API, and I have a basic authentication question.

The basic structure of my solution is as follows. I am developing a web application (on .NET) that will make calls against the foce.com REST API to insert/update/delete data (leads, accounts, etc.). Our salespeople will use the normal Salesforce website to interact with this data, but our web application will also interact with it via the REST API.

So, what is the proper authentication mechanism to use for my .NET web application? The REST API calls it makes will be unattended, so there is no point in having OAuth redirect to the Salesforce login page for a person to type in credentials. (There will be no person present.)

Is it simply sufficient for me to include, with each REST API call, the "Consumer Key" and "Consumer Secret" values from the Remote Access setup page in my SF DE account?

Thanks in advance.

• February 26, 2012

Hi,

Thanks,

Gerry

I was able to easily import the WSDL into Delpi XE and make a SOAP connection to Saleforce.  However, according to documentation, doing anything with the connection requires the serverURL to used as the END_POINT, including the Logout.  How is this done?   There are no methods/propererites available to do this in the code generated in the WSDL import.

I aways get the "UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: Destination URL not reset.  The URL returned from login must be set in the SforceService.

Any ideas?  and doing this in JAVA is not an option.

// Create service object
SalesForce := GetSoap;
// Invoke the login call and save results in LoginResult
lr := SalesForce.login(cUserName, cPassword + cSecurityToken);
memo.Lines.Add( 'serverurl: ' + lr.serverUrl);
memo.Lines.Add( 'sessionid: ' + lr.sessionId);
//Somehow, the "endPoint" / lr.serverurl needs to updated in the SalesForce object for any more calls can be made...but how? No "endpoint" methods
//or properties exist in the unit that was created when the WSDL was imported.
SalesForce.logout;

Hello,

Hello,

I am using the bulk upload code described at http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api_asynch/.

The only difference is that i am uploading a custom object type.  I can access Employee_c. But now i get a different error

stateMessage='InvalidBatch : Field name not found : First Name'

First Name is the first column in the csv.

While debugging i can see that the temp csv is being created correctly. However i get this error when  checkResults executes. The code is exactly the same as in the sample java code for bulk api using REST.

I am using the free developer version of salesforce. I did check permissions of fields in employees. They are all at max visibility and read/write

Thanks

Sameer

Edit: I created a new permission set where i have given custom object employee Read/create/edit/delete/view all/modify all. All fields are given edit permissions. The permission set is associated with salesforce user license. The programmatic login is with a user associated with System administraor profile , which has sales force user license.

But still the error persists!

Hello,

The only difference is that i am uploading a custom object type. The object has been defined in SalesForce. But when i refer to the object (named Employee) i get error "Unable to find object: Employee". Tried with Employee_c as well. Same result. 

thank you

Sameer