• 25 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Independent IT Consultant seeking permanent position or contract(1099) work in the Chicagoland area (preferably) but willing to travel for on site project work.

Existing contract winding down to completion at end of April.

See Linked-In profile at: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/david-leipold/1/5a6/268

• April 23, 2012

Hey All,

I'm very comfortable with validation rules check field values on the same record or on other records. I'm ok with using the Javascript code in the help text to create a button that selects

list view or related list records for a particular action.

However, I need to write a validation rule that checks the value of a field in all the records of a related list for that one record. 

Opportunity Products. How do I bring 'em all in and evaluate the field(checkbox) so I can determine if i want to allow the user to set the check box while adding a new product. Only 

one per Opp. That's the rule. 

Help!

-The Gomes

• February 23, 2012

The title says it all.

Want to get this right the first time with no glitches.

So...Can you point me to any guides or threads or is there a pre-published document from Salesforce?

I've set things up already in the Production Instance to accept inbound change sets but am not exactly 

sure if "everything" gets copied over(eg; field tracking, chatter feeds - I don't want those-how do I erase them?)

or just the basic framework with the code that's been written. We'll delete any records we've been playing with.

Anyone? Anyone?

• February 09, 2012

Can't login with Data Loader to my sandbox even using a reset token with passwd.

Can't use wizard to load records as Admin because the object list is blank. Yes, I checked that the object is no

longer in development and is deployed.

As Admin I have all the access rights.

Why, therefore, can I not login with Data Loader and not use the custom object wizard? Why doesn't the object show up?

Anyone? Anyone?

• January 04, 2012

Hey All,

I'm very comfortable with validation rules check field values on the same record or on other records. I'm ok with using the Javascript code in the help text to create a button that selects

list view or related list records for a particular action.

However, I need to write a validation rule that checks the value of a field in all the records of a related list for that one record. 

Opportunity Products. How do I bring 'em all in and evaluate the field(checkbox) so I can determine if i want to allow the user to set the check box while adding a new product. Only 

one per Opp. That's the rule. 

Help!

-The Gomes

• February 23, 2012

The title says it all.

Want to get this right the first time with no glitches.

So...Can you point me to any guides or threads or is there a pre-published document from Salesforce?

I've set things up already in the Production Instance to accept inbound change sets but am not exactly 

sure if "everything" gets copied over(eg; field tracking, chatter feeds - I don't want those-how do I erase them?)

or just the basic framework with the code that's been written. We'll delete any records we've been playing with.

Anyone? Anyone?

• February 09, 2012

Hi. I'm sure alot of people had ran into this type of issue. Basically, I have a Parent record, and Child record that I want to load via Data Loader. Since its an Insert (or Upsert), I wouldn't know the "Parent ID" initially. So I'd have to insert/upsert the parent. Grab the Parent ID and paste the Parent ID to the reference ID in the Child record. This is a pain especially if i am loading a lot of parent-child related records. Is there even an easier work around in data loader?

Hi everyone, 

I'm trying to figure something out.

I created a flow form or process with the flow desktop designer, and posted it on a new Salesforce site. So therefore , my flow is now pubicly available and allows for people to register and pay for events through my flow application

My question is the following: 

Can i change the layout of the question forms? I.e., can i change the background color, change the distances between input fields, change the font of the questions? If possible, then how do I do it?

This is extremely important and I have to get this solved.....

Thanks a mil

Stadler

Can't login with Data Loader to my sandbox even using a reset token with passwd.

Can't use wizard to load records as Admin because the object list is blank. Yes, I checked that the object is no

longer in development and is deployed.

As Admin I have all the access rights.

Why, therefore, can I not login with Data Loader and not use the custom object wizard? Why doesn't the object show up?

Anyone? Anyone?

• January 04, 2012