• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I have searched the boards but haven't found an answer to this problem I have run into.

I have a custom object called PrqData__c with a Number field called rVal__c. I want to write an Activity Task Validation Rule for this field (Settings -> App Setup -> Activities -> Task Validation Rules). But when I try the following, I get an error "Expected Object, received number".

$ObjectType.PrqData__c.rVal__c > 10

What am I doing wrong? This is a simple enough formula. Not that it should matter, but I am using "Insert Field" and "Insert Opeartor". And the __c are correct; __r don't work.

Thanks,

Sumit

Company overview: Resilinc is the leading provider of comprehensive end to end supply chain resiliency solutions. We deliver total resiliency by enabling supply chains to proactively plan for, monitor and mitigate multi-tier disruptions in hours & days rather than weeks or months. We help customers achieve supply chain resiliency through innovative and patent-pending technology, powerful supply chain mapping and visibility, global event monitoring and a resiliency-driven supply network. Our unique SaaS offering is designed, developed and delivered by supply chain practitioners and technology experts.

We offer competitive salaries, a full suite of benefits (health, vision, dental, life, 401), time off, and stock options.

About the position: We are looking for an expert Web application developer in the San Francisco Bay area to further enhance our SaaS offerings and lead development of new products. Responsibilities:

-          Design and implement Supply Chain Resiliency solutions on the Force.com platform

-          Make creative use of the latest web technology such as HTML5, CSS3 and JavaScript to deliver exceptional user experience via visually stunning, easy to use UIs

-          Architect and implement intelligent and scalable data models

-          Translate customer requirements into product features

Desired skills & experience:

-          2 to 5 years of web application development

-          Minimum of 2 years of Salesforce development experience is mandatory

-          Minimum of 2 years of Ruby on Rails experience is mandatory

-          Desire to learn and experiment with new technologies

-          Agile development experience or understanding

-          Passion for delivering rich user experience

-          Willing to take on multiple roles and responsibilities

-          Ability to work independently with minimum supervision

If interested, please send your resume to jobs@resilinc.com.

Thanks,

Sumit Vakil

CTO and Co-Founder

Resilinc Corporation

www.resilinc.com

Hi,

Our setup is as follows. We have two orgs: Org A and Org B linked via S2S sharing. A custom object in Org A called Client_Info__c is shared with Org B. In Org B, Client_Info is mapped to a custom object called Contact_Info__c. Both objects have a field called Contact_Email__c. What we want to do is send an e-mail to Contact_Email__c whenever a new record is received by Org B. To do that, we have created a workflow rule in Org B on object Contact_Info__c. The rule crietria is NOT(ISNULL(Contact_Email__c)) and the Evaluation Criteria is "Only when a record is created". The workflow action is of type "Email Alert". The Email Alert has a corresponsing E-mail template, and the Object is Contact_Info__c. "Recipients" is "Email field: Contact Email" and "From Email Address" is "Current User's email address".

The odd thing is that if this workflow rule is enabled, S2S sharing stops working. New records created in Org A stop showing up in Org B. If I disable the rule, then S2S sharing starts working again.

I've been scratching my head about this for a while now. The discussion boards don't seem to have any information either. Any thoughts on what's going on?

Thanks,

Sumit

Hi,

I have searched the boards but haven't found an answer to this problem I have run into.

I have a custom object called PrqData__c with a Number field called rVal__c. I want to write an Activity Task Validation Rule for this field (Settings -> App Setup -> Activities -> Task Validation Rules). But when I try the following, I get an error "Expected Object, received number".

$ObjectType.PrqData__c.rVal__c > 10

What am I doing wrong? This is a simple enough formula. Not that it should matter, but I am using "Insert Field" and "Insert Opeartor". And the __c are correct; __r don't work.

Thanks,

Sumit

I am having following error in apex class while reading a word document which is uploaded in Document object .

"BLOB is not a valid UTF-8 string".

Thanks,

Devendra Natani