• 80 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Rather than creating multiple Lightning components I would like to reuse my components and have the admin specify the Custom Label when they add the component to the page. I am not sure if this is possible although this article screenshots show it working https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/155974/translate-designattribute

When I do the same thing it does not work; it returns the value the admin sets and not the value from the custom label.

Conversely, this article makes me think it is not possible as it says that "Label expressions in markup are supported in .cmp and .app resources only. "https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.lightning.meta/lightning/components_config_for_app_builder_design_files.htm

Has anyone got this to work recently?

Component

<aura:component implements="force:appHostable,flexipage:availableForAllPageTypes,flexipage:availableForRecordHome,force:hasRecordId,forceCommunity:availableForAllPageTypes" access="global" >
 <aura:attribute name="Report" type="String" />
 <p>{!v.Report}</p>

<!--Tried it like this as well-->
<p>{!'$Label.c.'+ v.Report}</p>
</aura:component>

Design
<design:component label="Report">
	<design:attribute name="Report" 
                      label="Report" 
                      Description = "The custom label"
                      default="{!$Label.c.Report}"/>
</design:component>

I have a Canvas app connected to my Salesforce. It works perfectly and passes the user SSO credentials through to the app which opens on a Tab in Salesforce. I'll call this "www.landingpage.com"

I now have a requirement for tab A to display www.landingpage.com/ManagerPage and Tab B to show www.landingpage.com/AssociatePage

I do not see anything in the documention that clearly shows how to set this up. Based on my research I think I need to use the setCanvasUrlPath(newPath) method but am struggling with how to apply this method to my VF page which calls the "CanvasApp".

When I add the controller to my VF page it continues to return the main canvas page instead of the specific url.

Here is what I have now:
public class CanvasHandler {

public void onRender(Canvas.RenderContext renderContext) {

// Get the Application and Environment context from the RenderContext
    Canvas.ApplicationContext app = renderContext.getApplicationContext();
    Canvas.EnvironmentContext env = renderContext.getEnvironmentContext();

// Override Canvas app URL to direct user to the Manager page instead of the default page'
    app.setCanvasUrlPath('/#/site/ManagerPage?:iid=1');
}

}

VF Page

<apex:page controller="CanvasHandler" lightningStylesheets="true">  
  <apex:sectionHeader />
      <apex:canvasApp applicationName="Reports" height="1900px" Width="1000px" Scrolling="false"/>  
 </apex:page>

PS: Iframe is not an option for resolving this.

My hyperlink text formula works beautifully inside of Salesforce but when I display that field in a third party, fully-integrated app it shows the full url text instead of the abbreviated hyperlink text. Any suggestions on how to fix? I am using a standard text field with the "Hyperlink" formula. The third-party app is TableTop (and unfortunately their support is closed for the holidays).
Till Summer'16, to get to the non-lightning tabs, one could click on the 'App Launcher' -> Other Items -> and at the bottom it would display all the tabs that are non-Lightning. 

User-added image

User-added image

User-added image

With Winter'17, this is no longer the case. There is no way to navigate to the non-Lightning Enabled Objects from Lightning UI? 
When will be Winter 16 release notes available
Hello, I am experimenting the SSO in a sandbox. I have deployed a custom domain and have SSO working. Now I am testing 3rd party tools that I uset to access my org. I accessed the org with dataloader without an issue. I'm running into problems with Workbench. From the login page: https://workbench.developerforce.com/login.php

I choose the 'Log into a custom domain' option, and enter the domain. The result upon clicking the Continue buttion is red border appears around the domain. No error message. 

has anybody else ran into this?

Thanks!
Hi all,
         How to enable Related list setting ?. I am not able to enable  edit/ add the product standard object related list.

Thanks in advance
Hi all, 
       When i click on any price book, make it so that the Cost field appears as a column between Product Code and List Price. I cannot using wron icon in to  product. why?

Thanks in advance
Hi,

I have a number field (Number, 0) but when i put valuee 10000 in it it will diplay it as 10,000 i want to display it without comma.
I have selected number field because i need to select Max number from it and add 1 in Max number for new entry.
Can any body help me how i can do it.

Thanks,
Faraz

Salesforce1 has a great Today page which shows the users calendar mashed up with salesforce.com. It works well when the user is not using Salesforce as their primary calendar.  However many want to use Salesforce as the primary calendar.  So - How then do you display a calendar in Salesforce1?

This is a hack - but an easy one which works!  Here is how to add a Salesforce calendar to Salesforce1:

1) Create a visualforce page "My Calendar"  Be sure to make the page available for salesforce mobile apps.  The content of the page should be:

<apex:page showHeader="false" sidebar="false" >

<div style="overflow:scroll; width:100%; height:100%;">
    <object type="text/html" data="https://na2.salesforce.com/00U/c?isdtp=mn"
            style="overflow:scroll; width:1200px; height:2400px;">
    </object>
</div>

</apex:page>

2) Add a VisualForce tab for the visualforce page called my calendar.  Ensure the users can access the tab but make it hidden.  Does not need to be mobile ready as that setting is for the Classic Mobile app.

3) Under Mobile Administration / Moble Navigation add the "My Calendar" Visualforce tab to the selected Navigation menu item.

4) Login to Salesforce1 and celebrate your job well done!

I hope you find this as useful as I did.

Hello, I'm trying to finalize a trigger to update. I am receiving an error on foreign key invalid relationships.

- Implementation_Site__c is child to Grant__c

- Country__c field is on Implementation_Site__c

- Countries__c is on Grant__c  - this is the field that needs to be populated with infinite number of Country__c values coming from child records. 

Current code:

//This Trigger will fire after insert, update, delete and undelete
trigger trgConCatCountries on Implementation_Site__c (after insert, after update, after delete, after undelete) {

//If the event is insert or undelete, this list takes New Values or else it takes old values
List<Implementation_Site__c> ProjStrategyList = (Trigger.isInsert|| Trigger.isUnDelete) ? Trigger.new : Trigger.old;

//to store Project Ids
List<Id> ProjectIds = new List<Id>();

//Loop through the Records to store the project Id values from the Implementation Site
for (Implementation_Site__c proj_Strat : ProjStrategyList) {
ProjectIds.add(proj_Strat.Grant__c);
}

//Sub-query to get the projects and all its Child Records where Id is equal to the Ids stored in ProjectIds
//Implementation_Sites__r is the Child Relationship name appended by '__r' as it is a custom object

List<Grant__c> ProjectList = [
select
id,
(select id,Name, Grant__r.Name, Country__c, District_State__c from Implementation_Sites__r),
Grant__c
from
Grant__c
where
id in :ProjectIds];
//Loop through the List and store the Child Records as a String of values in Long Text Area Field i.e Countries__c

for (Grant__c proj : ProjectList) {

if(proj.Implementation_Sites__r.size() > 0)
{
proj.Countries__c = string.valueOf(proj.Implementation_Sites__r[0].Country__c);

for(integer i=1;i < proj.Implementation_Sites__r.size();i++)
{
proj.Countries__c = proj.Countries__c + '; ' + string.valueOf(proj.Implementation_Sites__r[i].Country__c);
}
}
else
proj.Countries__c = null;

}

//update the List
update ProjectList;

}

Help! Thanks!

• August 09, 2013

Lets say you have two tasks A and B.  B is dependant on A.  I want B's Due Date to be X number of days after A is completed.  Right now with Action Plan B's start date is X number of day from the Action Plans start date.  This won't due and doesn't really make sense to me.  In the real world if task B is truly dependant on task A and task B tasks 4 days to complete than task B's due date should = A.CompletedDate + 5 days.

I have already modified Action Plan to record the actual completed date of a task, I added a custom field to APTasks that stores the date the user set as the due date when they completed the task.  So I have that date and now I need have the Action Plan create Task B using the Completed date of task A plus X number of days. 

Anyone know how to do this. I have been staring at the code for hours and I am not sure where in the ActionPlansTaskTriggerUtilities() class I need inject some code to get this to work.

• October 04, 2012

Can anyone help to solve this

How to relate a timba survey to a specific record. I am getting all the responses when I relate a survey to a oppurtunity record but I need only the response that got for that particular oppurtunity....in Summary , Tell me how to relate the timba survey record to a specific opprtunity record?

• August 11, 2011

hi,

i got a error when i tried to installed a managed package in sandbox org.

Package Not Found

The requested package does not exist or has been deleted. Please contact the package publisher for assistance. If this is a recently uploaded package, please try again soon.

i am able to intall the same package in another dev org successfully.

i uploaded the same package a lot of time before in sanbox,(this is a new version), but i didn't not got this problem. if got it was just for 5min. but it's now almost 5 hours now and i am not able to install the package.

pl help me out it's urgent.

thanks in advance. 

I have handed off responsibility for my org's Apex code development to another person, but I'm still receiving "Developer script execution" error emails on occasion.  How do I get these emails to go to a different user?

Recently come across this request from management, that they want put up the dashboard on a wall mounted monitor.

I have went through lots of posts regarding this topic, however the approach of using javascript cross site scripting on a visualforce page that never worked for me

until Google Developer Tools (F12) gave me something very interesting.

After I click Refresh button, in the Developer Tools window, under Network tab, a page file named dashboardRefresh.apexp is shown immediately.

If you click on it, under Header tab in the righthand side window, you see Request URL:https://[Domain].salesforce.com/dash/dashboardRefresh.apexp 

Inside "FormData" section in the lower paragraph, you can see id:[DashboardID]

If you put them together like this: https://[Domain].salesforce.com/[DashboardID] and paste into your browser, you get a page with only a line of string on it,

which a says something like below: 

{"lastRefreshRelativeTime":"Today at 12:13 PM","lastRefreshTime":"As of 19/08/2013 12:13 PM","needsUpdate":true}

Now if you reopen your dashboard or if you haven't close it down, just by refreshing the dashboard page, what you will see is the time showing next to the Refresh button is updated.

So this actually makes what the business wanted is possible and to be done in a very easy way.

Since it is only for using on a wall mounted monitor, it only requires a full-screen page pretty much all the time.

You need to two taps, with the http://[Domain].salesforce.com/[DashboardID] running kinda behind the scene when the dashboard page is on fullscreen mode.

And install a page auto refresh addon for your browser and configurate the time interval for both tabs.

For example

Chrome

Auto Refresh Plus

FireFox

Auto Refresh

Safari

Safari Tab Reloader

Note: I am not quite sure about the the possibility of having a time lag, it might be better to configruate to have the dashboard page refreshed a little bit late than the "dashboardRefresh.apexp" page.

In summary, it gives me what I wanted, and no code needed, works on most broswer as long as you can find addon does the refresh for you and

also everyone who has a credential can do it, and this is case, by having tabs openning doesn't seems affect user experience.

• August 19, 2013