• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

When I download the WSDL as a user with View All Data (and Modify All Data), it's excluding fields and objects that are not marked specifically as Visible (in Field-level security) for that user's profile. Am I missing something? I thought that the whole point of View All Data was that the user has access to everything. If I have to go through and mark every field of every object as Visible for that profile then doesn't that defeat the purpose of View All Data? I want to make sure I'm not missing something before I take the time to go through every single field of every single object.

My company has been using the Docusign for Salesforce app for quite a while with no trouble. The person that originally configured it left the company a while back, and noone has had to go into the app's admin area for quite a while. Anyone that tries to go to it now (by choosing the "Docusign for Salesforce" option from the app dropdown) is greeted with this:

DML currently not allowed

I've scoured Google and discussion boards, and everything I see suggests that this is a coding issue, e.g. someone forgot to add the "allowDML" tag to the component or is calling a method somewhere they ought not (e.g. in a constructor, getter or setter). But I'm confused because this is a third-party app that obviously worked fine at one point (and its integration into Opportunities etc works fine and is used every day by our employees). It's solely accessing the app admin that's messed up, and only started failing recently.

I've posted this question both here and on the Docusign boards because I'm not certain which end the problem is on. If anyone has any ideas I'd be grateful.

When I download the WSDL as a user with View All Data (and Modify All Data), it's excluding fields and objects that are not marked specifically as Visible (in Field-level security) for that user's profile. Am I missing something? I thought that the whole point of View All Data was that the user has access to everything. If I have to go through and mark every field of every object as Visible for that profile then doesn't that defeat the purpose of View All Data? I want to make sure I'm not missing something before I take the time to go through every single field of every single object.

Hi,

I have a visualforce email template which is related to a custom object. In the template I have the following line where Agenda_Objective__c is a long text area.

<apex:outputText value="{!relatedTo.Agenda_Objective__c}"/>

If there are any line breaks in the field in the custom object, they do not come through in the email template.

E.G. if the field contains the text:

Test1

Test2

Test3

the mail will display

Test1 Test2 Test3

Is there any way of preserving the line breaks? I could use outputfield instead of outputtext but this puts extra javascript into the mail which causes an error in my email client.

• December 14, 2009