• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello 

I will like to know how to hide "Log a Call" Button in Activities History from other users of Salesforce users. 

Please this is urgent

I have tried going to the user profile setting but couldnt find any useful tool that will enable me to accomplish this.

Regards,

We use Person Accounts 

A new custom object which is a child of opportunity exists (Receipts) 

Within Receipts I have defined a new formula field to return Account Name (using opportunity__r.Account.Name)

This works when the account is a business account. For a person account no value is returned.

Can anyone cast light on this please ?

Anthony  

I have a validation rule at the moment that stops anyone that is not an administrator changing the owner ID of a case. 

AND(ISCHANGED( OwnerId ), $Profile.Name <> "System Administrator")

I need to modify this so that users can only re-assign cases to users and not queues. Does anyone know how this is done?

I am trying to write a validation rule that says:

If Submitted_for_Approval__c is checked and the text field Name__c does not contain the characters 'TBD' then show the error.  Name__c can contain other characters but it it does not speficially have 'TBD' as part of those characters I want to show the error.

I am able to create a working validation rule that says the opposite:

If Submitted_for_Approval__c is checked and the text field Name__c contains the characters 'TBD' then show the error.

by using:

AND(Submitted_for_Approval = true, CONTAINS(Name, 'TBD'))

Is there an Operator for 'DOES NOT CONTAIN' or someway to express that?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!!

• April 25, 2012

Hello,

Could someone give me the code necessary to create a button that goes onto the contact object that allows me to add the contact I am viewing to a campaign?

Thanks in advance. 

I am trying to get this trigger working where after I have converted a Lead to a contact, I want to save data from the Lead.Secondary_Email__c to the Contact.Secondary_Email__c.

I feel like I'm close but I can't get a contact from the Lead...  Any help would be appreciated!

trigger onLeadConverts on Lead (before update){

for (Lead l: trigger.new){
if(l.isconverted==TRUE){
// l.ConvertedContactId;

// Contact c = new Contact(id = l.ConvertedContactId);
//Contact c = Contact(id = l.ConvertedContactId);

// l.ContactId is not recognized?? How do I get the ContactID from the Lead?
System.assert(l.ContactId);

Contact[] c = [select Id from Contact where Id = l.ContactId];

c.Secondary_Email__c = l.Secondary_Email__c;
}
}
}

I have a product lookup on a custom object. Unfortunately it does not seem possible to eliminate in active products from the lookup, meaning people can easily make mistakes. 

Does any one know of a simple solution for this?

HI,

To give permissions (create,edit,delete,view)on a particular object we use profiles.

But in sharing settings sections we can find the feature called organization wide default. Here we can give the public readonly, public read/write ..... permissions. 

what is the difference between these profile based and organization wide default permissions?

I observed that, profile will overides org wide default permissions. is it right? if it is correct then  which situation we use the org wide default settings for an org once we have profile permissions?

please clarify this

I am new to Salesforce coding.

How can i replicate this scenario in Microsoft sql " select * form table where modifieddate >= getdate() - 1" Salesforce coding??

Thanks for your help in advance.

Trying to build a formula to calculate a to a field called Discount based on 2 fields:

1. A picklist

2. A Quantity (#)

Basically if:

Solution Type = Student Solution and Quantity is <= 10, then set Discount to 10

Solution Type = Student Solution and Quantity is > 10 and <=49, then set Discount to 30

Solution Type = Student Solution and Quantity is >= 50, then set Discount to 70

Solution Type = Teacher Solution and Quantity is 0, then set Discount to 40

I tried 2 lines before considering the other cases and it failed....wah!

CASE (

IF (AND (ISPICKVAL(Soution Type_c, "Student Solution"), Quantity_c <=10, 10,

(AND (ISPICKVAL(Soution Type_c, "Student Solution"), Quantity_c >10, 30,

0)

I keep getting a Expected Boolan and receive number message.Can you help me here??

Thanks,

Gita

Hi all,
I have a child object of Case. When I create a record in this child object, I need to send an email alert to the owner of the parent case record. It's no problem if the case owner is an individual. I can use a declarative email alert for that. But if the case owner is a queue, how can I dynamically send the alert to all queue members?
Hi all,
I have a child object of Case. When I create a record in this child object, I need to send an email alert to the owner of the parent case record. It's no problem if the case owner is an individual. I can use a declarative email alert for that. But if the case owner is a queue, how can I dynamically send the alert to all queue members?

I am having trouble pulling Opportuntiy related data into a custom formula field (Lifecycle_Phase__c) that I created in my custom Engagement object.

On my custom Engagement object, I have a look-up field to Opportunity. I am trying to grab the recordtype info (RecordTypeName__c - which just converts the long RecordTypeId number to the Name) and place it in the above mentioned custom formula field in Engagement named "Lifecycle Phase."

I wrote both a CASE formula and a nested IF formula but in both instances, all that gets pulled is the "else" variable "Cross Lifecycle."

I have copied both formulas below - what am I missing. I get no actual syntax errors. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

CASE(Opportunity__r.Opp_RecordTypeName__c , "Design Phase", "Design", "Transition Phase", "Transition", "Operate Phase", "Operate", "Cross-Lifecycle")

IF(Opportunity__r.Opp_RecordTypeName__c = "Design Phase", "Design", 
IF(Opportunity__r.Opp_RecordTypeName__c = "Transition Phase", "Transition",
 IF(Opportunity__r.Opp_RecordTypeName__c = "Operate Phase", "Operate", "Cross Lifecycle")))

I've created a custom button for my Products Record which allows the user to open a new Custom Record for an object called Email Campaign. (Different than the standard "Campaign" object.) Here's where I'm at -- would like to know what steps I am missing. Thanks in advance: 

Hello 

I will like to know how to hide "Log a Call" Button in Activities History from other users of Salesforce users. 

Please this is urgent

I have tried going to the user profile setting but couldnt find any useful tool that will enable me to accomplish this.

Regards,

Hi All,

I have a custom 'create case' button in opportunities that creates a new case from an opportunity, passing some of the opportunity field data across into the case as it does so.

The button code looks like this:

/500/e?retURL=%2F500%2Fo

&cas4_lkid={!Account.Id}

&cas4={!Account.Name}

&CF00N30000009y6pH_lkid={!Opportunity.Id}

&CF00N30000009y6pH={!Opportunity.Name}

&cas3_lkid={! NULLVALUE (Case.ContactId, Contact.Id )}

&cas3={! NULLVALUE (Case.Contact, Contact.Name )}

&cas5={!Opportunity.Type}

&cas14={!Opportunity.Name}

&cas15={!Opportunity.Requirement__c}

&retURL=/{!Opportunity.Id}

&saveURL=/{!Opportunity.Id}

Am I able to disable the function of this custom button if the opportunity stage IS NOT 'closed won'?  Ideally I'd like an alert pop-up box to appear if the 'create case' button is clicked when the opportunity IS NOT 'closed won' but for the button to work as intended and create the new case if the opportunity IS 'closed won'.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks to all.

Steve 

Hi,

I am thinking if this would be possible in validation rules.

I would like to create an object which will store a list of codes, let say, promo codes object.

Now, in the lead page, i would like to create a validation rule if the code entered by the user in the promo_code__c field  is included in list of promo codes created under PROMO CODES object.

The only approach i can think is to hardcode all the codes in the rule.

ex.

OR

(
NOT(promo_code__c ="01566"), 

NOT(promo_code__c ="03454"), 

NOT(promo_code__c ="04546"), 

NOT(promo_code__c ="04637"), 

Err 

Thanks,

Del

our accounts have several account numbers per client. We built a custom Account Number object on the Account page to be able to add numerous account numbers. The problem is that when we delete an account, thje account numbers remain in  the system and it's interferring with sales information we are importing. Can I create a Workflow rule or feild  update / trigger or anything basically stating :

when an account is deleted, delete all account numbers from Account Number object

We use Person Accounts 

A new custom object which is a child of opportunity exists (Receipts) 

Within Receipts I have defined a new formula field to return Account Name (using opportunity__r.Account.Name)

This works when the account is a business account. For a person account no value is returned.

Can anyone cast light on this please ?

Anthony  

Hello, We have an approval process in place so that when a user updates an Account Shipping Address, the user submits an approval request, and if these changes are rejected, they are to revert back to the previous value.

I've set up our approval process so that whenever an approval request gets rejected, five field updates are kicked off, using the following formulas

PRIORVALUE(ShippingStreet)

PRIORVALUE(ShippingCity)

PRIORVALUE(ShippingState)

PRIORVALUE(ShippingPostalCode)

PRIORVALUE(ShippingCountry)

However, whenever I test out our process by changing one of these values, submitting a request for approval and then rejecting it, none of the fields revert back to their original value. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong if someone could help provide some insight.

Thanks,

Mike

I have a validation rule at the moment that stops anyone that is not an administrator changing the owner ID of a case. 

AND(ISCHANGED( OwnerId ), $Profile.Name <> "System Administrator")

I need to modify this so that users can only re-assign cases to users and not queues. Does anyone know how this is done?

I am currently in the Eastern time zone of the United States.

My current time is 9:50 a.m.

When I use the NOW() funtion it shows the correct date but not the correct time. It shows 13:50 (1:50 p.m.).

I checked the Company default Time Zone and it says

(GMT-4:00) Easter Daylight Time (America/New_York).

Why is it off?

Thank you in advnace.

• April 26, 2012

I am trying to write a validation rule that says:

If Submitted_for_Approval__c is checked and the text field Name__c does not contain the characters 'TBD' then show the error.  Name__c can contain other characters but it it does not speficially have 'TBD' as part of those characters I want to show the error.

I am able to create a working validation rule that says the opposite:

If Submitted_for_Approval__c is checked and the text field Name__c contains the characters 'TBD' then show the error.

by using:

AND(Submitted_for_Approval = true, CONTAINS(Name, 'TBD'))

Is there an Operator for 'DOES NOT CONTAIN' or someway to express that?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!!

• April 25, 2012

Hi all

My minds not performing as well as it should today (late night :-) and grappling with this problem for about an hour and can't see a solution.

I have three check boxes (we'll say CheckBox1_c, CheckBox2_c and CheckBox3_c) that I need to validate that only 1 out of the 3 = TRUE and the rest are FALSE, but one must = TRUE, when the record is saved.

The error message to appear at the top of the page would be something like "You must choose at least one check box, and only one check box, in the XXXXXX Section. Please modify."

If anyone has any suggestions I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Sean

Hi folks,

I need to make "Educational/Instructional Org Type" required if "Educational/Instructional Org" is chosen from the "Type" picklist.

I just tried this rule to no avail:

AND( 
TEXT(Type) = "Educational/Instructional Org", 
ISBLANK(TEXT(Educational_Instructional_Org_Type__c)))

Any recommendations? 

Always grateful,

Olivia

• April 06, 2012

Hello,

Could someone give me the code necessary to create a button that goes onto the contact object that allows me to add the contact I am viewing to a campaign?

Thanks in advance. 

When I am on the permission set page, the 'New User' and 'Add Multiple Users' button is for adding physically new users...I want to add users to the permission set.   In otherwords, I don't want to navigate to 500 different users adding a permission set one at a time.

I thought maybe I could do it through the meta-data in Eclipse, but alas only the permission set is present, not what users the permission set is tied to...