• Business Analyst
  • Self Employed

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Can I use the Data Loader to update System Fields such as " Created By" and "Modified By"? If not, which tool could/ should I use? Maybe Workbench? I am looking for a free tool. Thanks a lot in advance.
I have a .csv file which contains all data needed for the update of the records of the custom object Signed Product (Product__c), whose Ids are listed in the first column. However, I am not able to map the fields, as all fields are detected as one - I login into the Data Loader, click on Update, select Signed Product in the "Select Salesforce Object:" list. Under browse, I select the appropriate .csv file. Then when I arrive to "Step 3: Mapping", the data loader detects only one column (where the header is the sequence of all headers of all columns contained in the file, separated by column ";"). Mapping is of course impossible! If I proceed with the update, I get the error file with the error "Id not specified in an update call", even though there is an ID for each record. The tool does not detect it due to the wrong mapping i.e. inability to map.

I think that this problem is connected with certain regional settings (e.g., German, Dutch) whereas the files can not be used as input .csv files for the Data Loader (I am using a German computer now, I know that there are issues with regional settings!). Should I use Notepad ++ to convert the format of the file? What should I do? I would need to get the steps necessary in order to convert the file into a .csv (comma delimited) format compatible with the tool.

Thanks a lot in advance,
& happy start of new year - looking forward to your kind replies
This validation rule makes sure that if either the checkbox  Non_Standard__c is checked or the text field Non_Standard_Terms_Conditions__c is populated, the user has to fill in the Non_Standard_Terms__c multi-select pick list.

This is not working:
AND (
OR(Non_Standard__c = TRUE, NOT (ISBLANK(Non_Standard_Terms_Conditions__c ))),
ISBLANK( Non_Standard_Terms__c )
)

Could you please help me?

Thanks a lot in advance.

I have tried this in many versions, but it just does not work as it should.
I hope somebody can help me!

This is the background:
SAP_Account_Id__c and Navison_Account_Id__c are two text fields
Sell_to__c and Ship_to__c are two checkboxes.
The rule should ensure that a record which has either SAP_Account_Id__c or Navison_Account_Id__c filled in (or both), can be saved only if either Sell_to__c and Ship_to__c (or both) are checked. 

This is the last version of the Formula that should evaluate to True:

IF(

ISBLANK(SAP_Account_Id__c)&& ISBLANK( Navison_Account_Id__c),False,
(
IF (
NOT(ISBLANK(Navison_Account_Id__c))|| NOT(ISBLANK(SAP_Account_Id__c)) &&

((Sell_to__c =FALSE && Ship_to__c=TRUE) ||
(Sell_to__c =TRUE && Ship_to__c=FALSE) ||
(Sell_to__c =TRUE && Ship_to__c=TRUE)), False,
(
IF (
NOT(ISBLANK(Navison_Account_Id__c))&& NOT(ISBLANK(SAP_Account_Id__c)) &&

True

)))))

Thank you very much in advance!
Kind regards

If there are three groups in a summary report (i.e. data grouped by Call Owner, where Call is a custom object) and there are 3 Call Owners in our org. Owner A has 3 calls, owner B 4 and owner C 5. The total Calls are 12 (=3+4+5). 

The average of the calls for A is 3/12, for B 4/12 and for C it is 5/12. How can I show these results in a report?

I have created a formula field on Call, where the field "# for counting" is a Formula field, with 0 decimal places and the value "=1". I hope this can be used ...but I do not know what to do next.

Please help!

Thanks

Hi there,

how can I create a Validation Rule that would ensure that maximum 3 values can be selected out of 6 values available in a multi-select picklist?

Which formula should I use?

Or does this require coding?

Thanks very much in advance,

Stardust

I am posting here in the hope that someone has experience with integration between Salesforce and Silverpop Engage.

We are trying to build a SFDC dashboard with tracking and scoring data from Silverpop connected to a certain campaign started from Salesforce. 

Let me explain through steps:

1) A campaign is defined in Salesforce, it is a Silverpop campaign

2) It is actioned in Salesforce

3) There is a connected program with it in Silverpop with actions entailing the update of contact data in SFDC

4) There is a scoring model with scores that have to be "synched with CRM"

How does that score "synch with the CRM"? Where does the scoring data lend in Salesforce? Can this be configured? 

How is the data "sent back" to SFDC - we would like to know if particular fields can be created in Silverpop and then mapped with custom fields in Salesforce?

Once we know where and how the data is captured we should be able to use it to build dashboards.

Please let me know if you have any similar experience with this? How does salesforce and Silverpop synch, in the direction from SP to Salesforce? 

Hi there,

we need a validation rule on accounts which would make sure that the newly created account is connected to a parent account with the hierarchically higher level.

This is the record type hierarchy:

1st (highest level)= consolidated BP

2nd= BP

3rd= invoice acc

4th= delivery acc

and this is the formula I am trying to play around:

IF(
   AND(
       NOT(ISNULL(ParentId)),
       RecordType.Name = "Invoice Acc",
       Parent.RecordType.Name = "Delivery Acc"
   ), true,
       IF(
           AND(
               NOT(ISNULL(ParentId)),
               RecordType.Name = "Delivery Acc",
               Parent.RecordType.Name= "BP"
           ), true,
               IF(
                   AND(
                       NOT(ISNULL(ParentId)),
                       RecordType.Name = "BP",
                       Parent.RecordType.Name= "Consolidated BP"
                   ), true, false
               )
       )
)

But it is not working...there is always a syntax error...

Could you help me? Is this possible at all, or is there a workaround?

thanks!

Hi there!

I would like to create a formula that would be evaluated as True 6 months before the End Date of a Contract. What is the syntax for this? 

...End_Date__c - 6 months = today...

I just can´t come with any idea, so I would be really grateful if you helped me.

Thanks in advance

Hi there,

this is simple, but I am a bit stuck. I am trying to pull out the YEAR of a date, using the Number Type Formula YEAR(Date).

However I am getting the correct result, but in the wrong format.

If the date is 30/10/1987, I would like to get 1987, but what I am getting is 1.987.

What determines the formatting of that number? How can I change this?

Thanks very much

Can I use the Data Loader to update System Fields such as " Created By" and "Modified By"? If not, which tool could/ should I use? Maybe Workbench? I am looking for a free tool. Thanks a lot in advance.
This validation rule makes sure that if either the checkbox  Non_Standard__c is checked or the text field Non_Standard_Terms_Conditions__c is populated, the user has to fill in the Non_Standard_Terms__c multi-select pick list.

This is not working:
AND (
OR(Non_Standard__c = TRUE, NOT (ISBLANK(Non_Standard_Terms_Conditions__c ))),
ISBLANK( Non_Standard_Terms__c )
)

Could you please help me?

Thanks a lot in advance.

I have tried this in many versions, but it just does not work as it should.
I hope somebody can help me!

This is the background:
SAP_Account_Id__c and Navison_Account_Id__c are two text fields
Sell_to__c and Ship_to__c are two checkboxes.
The rule should ensure that a record which has either SAP_Account_Id__c or Navison_Account_Id__c filled in (or both), can be saved only if either Sell_to__c and Ship_to__c (or both) are checked. 

This is the last version of the Formula that should evaluate to True:

IF(

ISBLANK(SAP_Account_Id__c)&& ISBLANK( Navison_Account_Id__c),False,
(
IF (
NOT(ISBLANK(Navison_Account_Id__c))|| NOT(ISBLANK(SAP_Account_Id__c)) &&

(
IF (
NOT(ISBLANK(Navison_Account_Id__c))&& NOT(ISBLANK(SAP_Account_Id__c)) &&

True

)))))

Thank you very much in advance!
Kind regards

If there are three groups in a summary report (i.e. data grouped by Call Owner, where Call is a custom object) and there are 3 Call Owners in our org. Owner A has 3 calls, owner B 4 and owner C 5. The total Calls are 12 (=3+4+5). 

The average of the calls for A is 3/12, for B 4/12 and for C it is 5/12. How can I show these results in a report?

I have created a formula field on Call, where the field "# for counting" is a Formula field, with 0 decimal places and the value "=1". I hope this can be used ...but I do not know what to do next.

Please help!

Thanks

Hi there,

how can I create a Validation Rule that would ensure that maximum 3 values can be selected out of 6 values available in a multi-select picklist?

Which formula should I use?

Or does this require coding?

Thanks very much in advance,

Stardust

Hi there,

we need a validation rule on accounts which would make sure that the newly created account is connected to a parent account with the hierarchically higher level.

This is the record type hierarchy:

1st (highest level)= consolidated BP

2nd= BP

3rd= invoice acc

4th= delivery acc

and this is the formula I am trying to play around:

IF(
   AND(
       NOT(ISNULL(ParentId)),
       RecordType.Name = "Invoice Acc",
       Parent.RecordType.Name = "Delivery Acc"
   ), true,
       IF(
           AND(
               NOT(ISNULL(ParentId)),
               RecordType.Name = "Delivery Acc",
               Parent.RecordType.Name= "BP"
           ), true,
               IF(
                   AND(
                       NOT(ISNULL(ParentId)),
                       RecordType.Name = "BP",
                       Parent.RecordType.Name= "Consolidated BP"
                   ), true, false
               )
       )
)

But it is not working...there is always a syntax error...

Could you help me? Is this possible at all, or is there a workaround?

thanks!

Hi there!

I would like to create a formula that would be evaluated as True 6 months before the End Date of a Contract. What is the syntax for this? 

...End_Date__c - 6 months = today...

I just can´t come with any idea, so I would be really grateful if you helped me.

Thanks in advance

Hi there,

this is simple, but I am a bit stuck. I am trying to pull out the YEAR of a date, using the Number Type Formula YEAR(Date).

However I am getting the correct result, but in the wrong format.

If the date is 30/10/1987, I would like to get 1987, but what I am getting is 1.987.

What determines the formatting of that number? How can I change this?

Thanks very much