• Product & Engineering Leader
  • sticky.io

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Whenever I run eclipse it is sahwing error as Java runtimr error No java virtual machine was found after searching the location

Hello,

I have created a managed-b eta package in my DE.  I have uploaded it to Appexchange, but it is not publicly available - I simply have a link to install it.  I installed my app into another DE.  If I need to make updates to field definitions or code in the app (which would be done in the original DE), how do I get those updates into my second DE, which has all the data uploaded into it?  I don't want to lose the data recs.

Thanks!

Hi ,

I have a VisualForce page that allows you to enter text in fields and then display them in a formatted PDF page by clicking a preview button. This is done by using a second VisualForce page to display the rendered PDF. I want the rendered PDF page to appear in a separate windows page.

First VF Page - Enter PDF Text

<apex:commandButton id="previewButton" action="{!previewPDF}" value="Preview"/>

the action !previewPDF is then called in an apex class

Apex Class

The class contains processing to calculate and format fields on the final rendered page and finally
creates a new page reference

public pagereference previewPDF () {
        // Direct to the PDF page
        PageReference pageRef = new PageReference('/apex/vfNCDLetterBF?id=' + Policy__c.Id);      
        return pageRef;
  }

Second VF Page - Render PDF Text

This VF page should then render the text as a PDF in a separate window but it appears in the original window which forces the user to use the back button to return to the first VF Page.

I have tried adding the onClick.Window javascript to the first VF page but this does not work.
I have found similiar answers to this question but they dont work with my pages and classes
I have already tried this solution which did not work for me as a need to call the apex class before I

execute the onclick command.

http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Visualforce-Development/opening-a-new-window-from-apex-code/m-p/241731/highlight/true#M31916

Any insights or help would be appreciated

Many Thanks
Brian

While installing the force.com IDE i will get a error JVM Terminated and some other information displayed.

What should i do now to resolve this issue?

Please anyone help me...

• November 25, 2011
Has abyone able to use Rich Texts as expected with lightning experience ? it displays as text area no matter what.
I'm not able to get result from this query below. When I tried in to context with System Admin User it is fine. Is it not accesible via other profiles ?
SELECT IsoCode, ConversionRate, DecimalPlaces, IsCorporate FROM CurrencyType

Having an issue when I try to display images (via external link) on VF page renderAs="PDF".
Its is totaly fine if I remove displayAs"PDF".
Anybody knows is this exoected or know issue ? 

Not Working
<apex:page renderAs="PDF">
  <apex:image value="http://myexternalURL.jpg"/>
</apex:page>
Working Fine
<apex:page>

I have coded all my currency variables like below in managed package.

<apex:outputText value="{0,number,currency}"> 
        <apex:param value="{!TotalTaxAmount}"/>
</apex:outputText> 

When I have installed the package to target org which ismulti currency enabled and "GBP" currency set for all user and company as well. 

But I'm still seeing the $ signs on all VF pages. 

Any thoughts will be appreciated...

Thank

Iam getting "INACTIVE_OWNER_OR_USER, operation performed with inactive user error" error while trying to insert Contact record on customer portal and Iam pretty sure that owner or user is active. There is no way to set inactive owner because the owner of this record is portal user and is able to login to the portal.

Does anybody knows how can I access to listviews through apex controller if it is possible ?

I need to access listviews to use fully customized visaulforce. 

I get error message after installing my manage package.... when I tried to insert a record to the Custom Object from public site which use authenticated licenses it gives me...

Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_OR_READONLY, user does not have access to use approval assignment email template: 

I ve search a little and Iam sure that: 

*I ve cloned the profile (Authenticated)

*Related object  is available for Customer portal so I gave the Modify All permission for cloned profile

*Also I have checked the sharing model and the related object has public read/write

*Related controller does not include "with sharing " keyword.

Any solution for this ??? 

Meantime this functionality works without any problem in package org and also all the conditions same...Problem is the org where I ve downloaded the package.

Any body get this error before ? Any solution...I know it is about person account but ı do not figure out how Iam going to fix...

I ve already checked to profile setting for record types.

System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: INVALID_FIELD_FOR_INSERT_UPDATE, Account: bad field names on insert update call: Name: [Name]

UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION:java.lang.NullPointerExceptipon

I got this error message while I am trying to refresh my developer org.

But I can also try refresh different org,others works fine. It seems like a related the specific org.

I also checked the java version,it 6 sth.

Anybody get this error before ?

I ve trying to security code scanner pluggin,after the installination it force me a restart my ide.I have restated and when I clikc to project It force me to update version type of project ask me do you want to upgragde spring 12 version of project,I click then after the installination force me again restart  ide, after this I can not open the ide it says this nad never opened

"***the force ide executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library***"

Any body see this previously ?Any solutions ?I do not want to remove and reinstall my ide... 

I have created a managed packed and put in to the my own profile settings cloned from Authenticated Website.

when I downloded the app in to clean developer org to testing it,I can not reach the custom managed objects in to authanticated profile or cloned profile.Meanwhile Controllers and VF's are comes from automaticly added to profile.

(  I ve assign to required settings while loading the app in security level,I pick the select securit settings radio then I ve assign the setting.  )

Has abyone able to use Rich Texts as expected with lightning experience ? it displays as text area no matter what.
I'm not able to get result from this query below. When I tried in to context with System Admin User it is fine. Is it not accesible via other profiles ?
SELECT IsoCode, ConversionRate, DecimalPlaces, IsCorporate FROM CurrencyType

I am using apex:inputfile to get the file uploaded and want to attach it email attachment and send it as email.. I tried

public Transient Attachment emailAttachment{get;set;}

<apex:inputFile value="{!emailAttachment.body}" filename="{!emailAttachment.name}" id="file"/>

List<Messaging.Emailfileattachment> fileList = new List<Messaging.Emailfileattachment>();
    if(emailAttachment != null)
    {
        Messaging.EmailFileAttachment efa1 = new Messaging.EmailFileAttachment();
        efa1.setBody(emailAttachment.Body);
        efa1.setFileName(emailAttachment.name);
        fileList.add(efa1);
    }

for(String toContactId : toAddressesList) {
        List<Messaging.SingleEmailMessage> msgList = new List<Messaging.SingleEmailMessage>();
        Messaging.SingleEmailMessage msg = new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage();
        msg.setTargetObjectId(toContactId);
        msg.setFileAttachments(fileList);
        msg.setHTMLBody(htmlEmailBody);
        msg.setSubject(EmailSubject);
        msgList.add(msg);

}
    Messaging.sendEmail(msgList);

But I can't able to get the file in the email attachment. Any ideas on how to do it?
Having an issue when I try to display images (via external link) on VF page renderAs="PDF".
Its is totaly fine if I remove displayAs"PDF".
Anybody knows is this exoected or know issue ? 

Not Working
<apex:page renderAs="PDF">
Working Fine
<apex:page>

I'm trying to create a new Opportunity in Sandbox mode and all of a sudden I'm getting an error message:
Error: Invalid Data. 
Review all error messages below to correct your data.
Apex trigger kell01.CreateDefaultAllocation caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: kell01.CreateDefaultAllocation: execution of AfterInsert caused by: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY, insufficient access rights on cross-reference id: a1Ei00000003MUL: []: (kell01)

What is causing this?
After Lightning release, our visualforce pages ,in Salesforce1, which is connected to Opportunity, are not closing safely.
The code block is;

pr = new PageReference('/' + oppId);
            pr.getParameters().put('nooverride', '1');
            pr.getParameters().put('id', oppId);
            return pr.setRedirect(true);   

In this block  return pr.setRedirect(true);    is not useful for returning to opportunity anymore.
We're getting this problem on production environment.

Is there anyone have the same problem? How can we handle with this bug?

how to change/delete profile in sfdc

Hai guys,
my requirment is calculate the size of set
vf page
------------------
<apex:page controller="SetExample_Controller">
  <apex:pageblock >
  <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!names}" var="v">
  <apex:column value="{!v}"/>
  </apex:pageBlockTable>
  </apex:pageblock>

controller
---------------------
public class SetExample_Controller 
{
  public set<string> names{get;set;}
  public SetExample_Controller()
  {
     names = new set<string>();
     names.add('one');
     names.add('two');
     names.add('sam');
     names.add('one');
     names.add('one');

}
  public Integer size()
  {
     Integer mysize = names.size();

return mysize;
  } 
}

plesae help me
hi,

so... i've read a lot, it seems SalesForce are really excited about Person Account - it's a greate thing,
only one thing - they don't allow Dev Orgs the option to enable it? (can't open a case)
is this true?
my requirement is like i want to see 2000 records in single page.how can i achieve this. anyone plz suggest.
thanx in advance..:)

im just wan o control the dublicate in emails ids in the contacts in accoun so that i wan to use set method

can i write my query like this

set <contact> conids=[select id,email from contact where id=:accountid];
set <id> contactemail=new set<id>();
for(contact con:conids)
{
contactemail.add(con.id)

}
can i write like this
if any one knw help me in this

Hi, i'm trying to create a new user from PortalSite , but it's giving me this error:

The error message is portal account owner must have a role,

so i try to give a role to my  Site Guest User

for setup-->develop--->sites-->clicking on Site Label Name--->clicking on public Access Setting--->clicking on view users--->clicking on Edit there is a no Role Field

how to set a role for my  Site Guest User ?

Regards

Arjun

• August 22, 2013

I am having a view state error on my vf page.

Below the controller code which i believe is causing the eror. Can anyone help me which part of the code is causing this error

public class Team_Attach_ACL
{
    id accountid,rectypeid;
    public AccountProgramAttachment__c naObj{set; get;}
   public Attachment attachment1{set; get;}
    public string filename { get;set;}
    public Team_Attach_ACL(ApexPages.StandardController controller)
    {
        accountid=system.currentPageReference().getParameters().get('id');
        naObj=new AccountProgramAttachment__c();
        naObj.isactive__c=true;
        Attachment1=new Attachment();
        rectypeid=Schema.SObjectType.AccountProgramAttachment__c.getRecordTypeInfosByName().get('Attachments').getRecordTypeId();     
    }
   public Pagereference upload()
    {       
        Attachment1.name = filename;
        naObj.name__c=filename;
        naObj.accountId__c=accountid;
        naObj.AttachmentCategory__c=naObj.AttachmentCategory__c;
        naObj.AttachmentTitle__c=attachment1.name;
        naObj.recordtypeid=rectypeid;
        naObj.IsActive__c = naObj.IsActive__c;
        if(filename!=null)
        {
            try
            {      
                insert naObj;
                Attachment1.ParentId = naObj.id;
                insert Attachment1;
                return (new Pagereference('/'+accountid));  
            }
            catch(Exception ex1)
            {
                //delete naObj;
                return null;
            }
        }
        else
        {
            String message1 = Label.AttachmentFileNotChosen;
            Apexpages.addmessage(new ApexPages.Message(ApexPages.severity.FATAL, message1));
        }  
        return null;
    }
   public Pagereference cancel()
    {
        return (new Pagereference('/'+accountid));
    }
}

I have coded all my currency variables like below in managed package.

<apex:outputText value="{0,number,currency}"> 
        <apex:param value="{!TotalTaxAmount}"/>
</apex:outputText> 

When I have installed the package to target org which ismulti currency enabled and "GBP" currency set for all user and company as well. 

But I'm still seeing the $ signs on all VF pages. 

Any thoughts will be appreciated...

Thank

Iam getting "INACTIVE_OWNER_OR_USER, operation performed with inactive user error" error while trying to insert Contact record on customer portal and Iam pretty sure that owner or user is active. There is no way to set inactive owner because the owner of this record is portal user and is able to login to the portal.

Hello,

we have enabled multi-currency in our org. our Standard Currency is EUR and we added USD.

We use pdf documents on a custom object called Order.

When an order (from an opp) is created in USD  all the amount fields on the PDF are shown in USD and EUR as well.

We don't want to show the EUR conversion.

Someone knows how to do that? 

Many thanks,

Stefano

Hi, Is there any way on community , so I can change display name of my community account. Thanks in advance, Bala