• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am getting the following error message sporadically when I run my unit tests:

System.DmlException: Delete failed. First exception on row 0 with id a09f0000000e6DpAAI; first error: UNABLE_TO_LOCK_ROW, unable to obtain exclusive access to this record: []

Sometimes, I don't get the error message at all.  Other times, I get the error, but it occurs on different unit tests.  It occurs randomly.

I have a custom setting that I use to externalize some common variables that I use within my apex code.  In my unit test, I first delete my existing custom setting from the org and then recreate my custom setting and the associated values and insert so I have the custom setting setup and populated for my unit test.

So, in my unit test, when I delete my existing custom setting, it randomly complains with the UNABLE_TO_LOCK_ROW error.  Is there a way I can avoid this error? 

My code runs fine, I've tested it thoroughly and it all runs without error.  The error is only occurring in my unit tests.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi, 

When we try to access our vf pages via Internet Explorer (so *.force.com domain) we get the default error message that certificate cannot be verified by trusted authority (CyberTrust is the issuer). Any ideas how to get rid of with this?

Thanks

Is it possible to do some actual branding for communities? The default branding is a bit limited. So if we would like to create custom template for the page and create content using VF site, can the community chatter feed be somehow embedded within such customized layout.

Hi,

few users in my company have problems with loging in  to salesforce after they try to login via Salesforce for Outlook plugin from withing Outlook 2010. They are using IE7. The issue is that after they user types in the credentials, it looks like user is logging in but after 2-3 seconds it is auto logged off and back on login screen. Happens for both sandbox and production. Logging in via chrome and/or firefox works but IE7 behaves in this faulty way till temporary files and cookies are removed. 

Anyone had similar issue? And/Or knows the cause of it. 

In my company we had a problem with form submits. Basically 2 weeks ago everything worked fine and on Tuesday somebody noticed that commandLink functionalities stopped working. I was trying to prepare a workaround but Salesforce fixed this issue on 21/06/2012. Had anyone faced similar issue with buttons functionality? Maybe somebody knows when this issue was introduced (whether with Summer 2012 or later)?

Hi,

i have a problem with validation rule on Contact object, Email field. Validation rule is blocking the execution fine, but the error is not appearing against the field.

i turned off all other vaidation rules and triggers just in case and still same result.

The same thing happens even if you modify the validattion rule logic just to TRUE. So the logic is not the issue here.

If i assign the error message output to a different fields, the error message is also not appearing. It does apear only when I assign the error message output to top of the page or to a field that is a merge field eg. First Name.

Do you have any ideas what kind of dependency is causing this issue? Because it is simple validation rule and I know it was working before but somehow I can't trace why it is not working now.

Hi, I'm having weird problem and can't find or google a solution.

I have a custom edit screen for one of my custom objects. As it contais lots of fields I used fields sets to render them on VF page. Sample code:

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Details">
<apex:repeat value="{!$ObjectType.objectName.FieldSets.FieldSetName}" var="f">
 <apex:inputField value="{!record[f]}" required="{!f.Required}" />
</apex:repeat>
</apex:pageBlockSection>

I use standardController and extension.

I have a commandButton that runs one of the functions in extension controller. 

Simplified constructor method looks like this: 

public ConstructorForClassName (ApexPages.StandardController controller){
    	this.controller = controller;
        this.record= (objectName)controller.getRecord();
}

I overrode the default New and Edit buttons.

I populate all fields. One of the fields is a lookup to eg. User. In this lookup I provide a partial name and I know that this partiall name will return me the "more than one exists..." error. I click save. I get the "more than one..." error and all fields blanked out. 

I tried to put some debug statements in constructor and in the function that is called on Save button but none of these can be found later in debug logs. It looks like this validation is run before either is called. 

Do you have any idea how to keep populated fields values on the screen when this validation error occurs?

All class variables are public with {get;set;}. 

When value is proper in lookup, record is saved without any issues. Custom validations that are in controller, even when they are run, the fund state is kept. But somehow this defaut validation error is blocking fields update on the record object in controller.

Hi guys

My client's instance has been upgraded to Winter 14 and today I noticed the "Code Coverage (%)" column is no longer showing on Classes and Triggers page.

Does anyone else have the same experience?

Now you have to click on the name of the class in order to see its code coverage.  Information is still there, but getting to it is now not convenient.....

Is it a Winter 14 "feature"?

Thanks

King

Is it possible to do some actual branding for communities? The default branding is a bit limited. So if we would like to create custom template for the page and create content using VF site, can the community chatter feed be somehow embedded within such customized layout.

I am getting the following error message sporadically when I run my unit tests:

System.DmlException: Delete failed. First exception on row 0 with id a09f0000000e6DpAAI; first error: UNABLE_TO_LOCK_ROW, unable to obtain exclusive access to this record: []

Sometimes, I don't get the error message at all.  Other times, I get the error, but it occurs on different unit tests.  It occurs randomly.

I have a custom setting that I use to externalize some common variables that I use within my apex code.  In my unit test, I first delete my existing custom setting from the org and then recreate my custom setting and the associated values and insert so I have the custom setting setup and populated for my unit test.

So, in my unit test, when I delete my existing custom setting, it randomly complains with the UNABLE_TO_LOCK_ROW error.  Is there a way I can avoid this error? 

My code runs fine, I've tested it thoroughly and it all runs without error.  The error is only occurring in my unit tests.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi,

few users in my company have problems with loging in  to salesforce after they try to login via Salesforce for Outlook plugin from withing Outlook 2010. They are using IE7. The issue is that after they user types in the credentials, it looks like user is logging in but after 2-3 seconds it is auto logged off and back on login screen. Happens for both sandbox and production. Logging in via chrome and/or firefox works but IE7 behaves in this faulty way till temporary files and cookies are removed. 

Anyone had similar issue? And/Or knows the cause of it. 

Hello,

Need advise if I can achieve the following requirment without writing code.

I have custom_object and below child custom_object.

In the child object have several custom fields:
customField1
customField2
customField3

The requirement is that for each paernt object those fields on all childs will be unique.

example:

If I have:
parentObj1
    below:
        childObject1
        childObject2

Then the following fields must be unique:
childObject1.customField1
childObject1.customField2
childObject1.customField3
childObject2.customField1
childObject2.customField2
childObject2.customField3

Any suggestion?

Hi,

i have a problem with validation rule on Contact object, Email field. Validation rule is blocking the execution fine, but the error is not appearing against the field.

i turned off all other vaidation rules and triggers just in case and still same result.

The same thing happens even if you modify the validattion rule logic just to TRUE. So the logic is not the issue here.

If i assign the error message output to a different fields, the error message is also not appearing. It does apear only when I assign the error message output to top of the page or to a field that is a merge field eg. First Name.

Do you have any ideas what kind of dependency is causing this issue? Because it is simple validation rule and I know it was working before but somehow I can't trace why it is not working now.

Hi, I'm having weird problem and can't find or google a solution.

I have a custom edit screen for one of my custom objects. As it contais lots of fields I used fields sets to render them on VF page. Sample code:

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Details">
<apex:repeat value="{!$ObjectType.objectName.FieldSets.FieldSetName}" var="f">
 <apex:inputField value="{!record[f]}" required="{!f.Required}" />
</apex:repeat>
</apex:pageBlockSection>

I use standardController and extension.

I have a commandButton that runs one of the functions in extension controller. 

Simplified constructor method looks like this: 

public ConstructorForClassName (ApexPages.StandardController controller){
    	this.controller = controller;
        this.record= (objectName)controller.getRecord();
}

I overrode the default New and Edit buttons.

I populate all fields. One of the fields is a lookup to eg. User. In this lookup I provide a partial name and I know that this partiall name will return me the "more than one exists..." error. I click save. I get the "more than one..." error and all fields blanked out. 

I tried to put some debug statements in constructor and in the function that is called on Save button but none of these can be found later in debug logs. It looks like this validation is run before either is called. 

Do you have any idea how to keep populated fields values on the screen when this validation error occurs?

All class variables are public with {get;set;}. 

When value is proper in lookup, record is saved without any issues. Custom validations that are in controller, even when they are run, the fund state is kept. But somehow this defaut validation error is blocking fields update on the record object in controller.

How can you get information on why an internal server error is happening?

When I try to transfer an existing approval, using both the Mass approval transfer wizard or individually, I received an internal server error message, where the only difference is the error Id

Error ID: 764721291-6671 (-1939455650) 
Error ID: 80795130-8539 (-1939455650) 

The entire debug log is as follows:

22.0 APEX_CODE,FINEST;APEX_PROFILING,FINEST;CALLOUT,FINEST;DB,FINEST;SYSTEM,FINEST;VALIDATION,FINEST;VISUALFORCE,FINEST;WORKFLOW,FINEST
13:05:00.145 (145430000)|EXECUTION_STARTED
13:05:00.145 (145537000)|CODE_UNIT_STARTED|[EXTERNAL]|Workflow:ApprovalProcessActions
13:05:00.172 (172696000)|WF_REASSIGN_RECORD|[Quote: APTAR T/A a0jC0000005jNej]|xxxxx xxxxxx
13:05:00.815|CUMULATIVE_PROFILING_BEGIN
13:05:00.815|CUMULATIVE_PROFILING|No profiling information for SOQL operations
13:05:00.815|CUMULATIVE_PROFILING|No profiling information for SOSL operations
13:05:00.815|CUMULATIVE_PROFILING|No profiling information for DML operations
13:05:00.815|CUMULATIVE_PROFILING|No profiling information for method invocations
13:05:00.815|CUMULATIVE_PROFILING_END
13:05:00.702 (702472000)|CODE_UNIT_FINISHED|Workflow:ApprovalProcessActions
13:05:00.702 (702531000)|EXECUTION_FINISHED

It is only happening with one custom object and only one record type for that object, so I can't imagine that it is actually a Salesforce problem, but without insight into the internal reassignment method, how does one go about troubleshooting this?