• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I want to create a custom formula field which should have a different url for Sandbox and Production.

For Ex.

For Sandbox, it should return test.salesforce.com and for production login.salesforce.com

The reason I would want to do this is so that i can route the user to other application's production or developer environment accordingly. So, even if the above formula doesnt return me the actual URL, but just an indicator that would also help.

I dont want to hardcode the values anywhere because that would mean I might need to correct the values everytime a refresh happens on sandbox from production.

Is there a way to achieve this.

Thanks.

Hi,

We are looking at the option of integration inquira knowledgebase with salesforce.

Can someone please help me if it is possible to do this out of the box and any documentations available for it?

Thanks.

Hi,

We have a custom object which has the status field with values Status 1 & Status 2.

We are tracking the total time the record stays in each status. We want to display this result on a dashboard.

So, lets say for the Record1, Status 1 =10 and Status 2 =20

For Record2 , Status 1 = 18 and Status 2 = 25

The dashboard should display the Status 1 & Status 2 on the X Axis and for the values should be Status 1 = 28 and Status 2 = 45.

I am using the Custom Summary formula field to do this. But the dashboard displays the result only for Status 1 on X axis. Status 2 is never shown on the graph.

Can anyone please provide some suggestions.

Thanks. !

Hi,

We have a custom button to Send Emails on one of our pagelayout.

This button definition has the following value specified for Button or Link URL Property:

/_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor?p3_lkid={!MyCustomObject__c.Id}&p5={!MyCustomObject__c.BCCTo__c}&retURL={!MyCustomObject__c.Id}

We want to automatically populate the BCC field on the email with the email address contained in the BCCTo__c field.

We also have the Automatic BCC enabled for all the users. This would mean that the user who had clicked on the above custom button should automatically receive the mail with him in the BCC.

However, when we use the above formula we notice that the the value in field BCCTo__c  overrides the BCC for the email and the User's mail address is removed from the BCC field.

Any help on how to BCC the user if Autmoatic BCC settings are enabled for the user. If the automatic BCC is disabled by the user, he should not receive the BCC copy of the mail.

Thanks. !

Hi,
We have refreshed our Sandbox1 environment with Sandbox2. On Sandbox2, we had a formula field for the image defined as :
https://c.na8.content.force.com/servlet/servlet.ImageServer?id=015C0000001ejlA&oid=XXXXXXXXXXXXx&lastMod=1323901344000

Once this formula field gets migrated to Sandbox1, the oid value changes to the Org Id of sandbox1.. As the image is there only on Sandbox2, it renders the changed URL invalid and the image is not getting displayed.
Is there a way to avoid the org id value getting changed during refresh.
Are there any other better solutions to displaying the image rather than hardcoding the Image id and Org id in the above formula field.

Thanks.

Hi,

We had a working prod environment where we had a Picklist field for one of the custom objects. The Picklist contained the Values A, B, C & D.

We removed the value C from the sandboxes and then migrated this change using the Change Set utility of Salesforce. However, we see that this change is not getting deployed to Production environment and we still have all the 4 values. Also, if we were to rename D to D1, D1 gets added to the list but D is never removed.

Is it a known feature/bug of Change set tool. Are there any work arounds available for it.

Thanks!

Hi,

We have a custom object which has the status field with values Status 1 & Status 2.

We are tracking the total time the record stays in each status. We want to display this result on a dashboard.

So, lets say for the Record1, Status 1 =10 and Status 2 =20

For Record2 , Status 1 = 18 and Status 2 = 25

The dashboard should display the Status 1 & Status 2 on the X Axis and for the values should be Status 1 = 28 and Status 2 = 45.

I am using the Custom Summary formula field to do this. But the dashboard displays the result only for Status 1 on X axis. Status 2 is never shown on the graph.

Can anyone please provide some suggestions.

Thanks. !

Hi,

We have a custom button to Send Emails on one of our pagelayout.

This button definition has the following value specified for Button or Link URL Property:

/_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor?p3_lkid={!MyCustomObject__c.Id}&p5={!MyCustomObject__c.BCCTo__c}&retURL={!MyCustomObject__c.Id}

We want to automatically populate the BCC field on the email with the email address contained in the BCCTo__c field.

We also have the Automatic BCC enabled for all the users. This would mean that the user who had clicked on the above custom button should automatically receive the mail with him in the BCC.

However, when we use the above formula we notice that the the value in field BCCTo__c  overrides the BCC for the email and the User's mail address is removed from the BCC field.

Any help on how to BCC the user if Autmoatic BCC settings are enabled for the user. If the automatic BCC is disabled by the user, he should not receive the BCC copy of the mail.

Thanks. !

Is there a way to generate aging based on field tracking history?

Example: I would like to track the days between Installation Stage changed to Ready for Install and Complete.

2/28/2012 9:51 AM     Changed Installation Stage from Ready for Install to Complete.

2/27/2012 11:19 AM   Changed Installation Stage from New Account Survey to Ready for Install.

• March 01, 2012
 Hi,
We have refreshed our Sandbox1 environment with Sandbox2. On Sandbox2, we had a formula field for the image defined as :
https://c.na8.content.force.com/servlet/servlet.ImageServer?id=015C0000001ejlA&oid=XXXXXXXXXXXXx&lastMod=1323901344000

Once this formula field gets migrated to Sandbox1, the oid value changes to the Org Id of sandbox1.. As the image is there only on Sandbox2, it renders the changed URL invalid and the image is not getting displayed.
Is there a way to avoid the org id value getting changed during refresh.
Are there any other better solutions to displaying the image rather than hardcoding the Image id and Org id in the above formula field.

Thanks.

Hi,

We had a working prod environment where we had a Picklist field for one of the custom objects. The Picklist contained the Values A, B, C & D.

We removed the value C from the sandboxes and then migrated this change using the Change Set utility of Salesforce. However, we see that this change is not getting deployed to Production environment and we still have all the 4 values. Also, if we were to rename D to D1, D1 gets added to the list but D is never removed.

Is it a known feature/bug of Change set tool. Are there any work arounds available for it.

Thanks!

Hi,

Has anyone done "Inquira Integration with salesforce"? While I was going through one of Inquira documents, I came across this line, "INQUIRA for Sales Intelligence integrates out of the box with leading CRM and SFA solutions, including SalesForce.com On Demand."

Has anyone worked on it?

Thanks

Sureka

• November 23, 2010
Hi there,
wondering if this is possible - i want to create a formula field that will calculate time lapse between field changes. So if i check that field with history tracking enabled - how do i (or bettter where do i!) insert a formula that calcualtes frist date edit, to second date edit, to third etc etc.

thanks!
Hudi