• 55 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Is there a DOCUMENTED way to use a static resource as an image in a formula field?  I'm trying to create an 'action link' that looks like a command button and need to find a place to store the background image for the link in a way that is environment agnostic

I'd hoped this would work, but $Resource doesn't seem to be recognized in formula fields (works fine in visualforce formulas).  

HYPERLINK('/apex/createAgreement?id=' +  Id ,  IMAGE( $Resource.Create_Agreement_Button , 'Create Agreement' )  , '_top')

It appears that this will work, but I'd rather not depend on undocumented functionality to accomplish this.  Particulary given I'd like to add this to a managed package at sometime and in theory there could be an identically named resource that alread exists in the org.

HYPERLINK('/apex/createAgreement?id=' +  Id ,  IMAGE( '/resource/Create_Agreement_Button' , 'Create Agreement' )  , '_top')

Documents are also a reasonable approach, but I don't know how to use them across multiple environments where I won't no the document id.

Hi All,

Actually we are leveraging Lightning Connect and going to develope inline snippet for External Objects. We can able to create Apex class and VF page. But when comes test cases we all know extrenal object is only having Read only permission so unable to create external object records into test classes. 

Even we unable to use (SeeAllData = TRUE) in Test class and not extercuting the external object query in apex class.

If anyone facing the same error.

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks
Tamil

I am getting the named error on the following code. I am not sure what I am missing.

The structure is that the Trial__c is the parent of Trial_Data__c and I am simply trying to query all the Trial Data related to one trial.

Here is my Code:

for(Trial_Data__c td : [Select Id, Channel_Volume__c, Channel_Flow__c, Trial__c From Trial_Data__c WHERE Trial__c =: Trial__c.Id ORDER BY Id ASC])
        	{                                                          
            GoogleViz.row r = new GoogleViz.row();
            r.cells.add ( new GoogleViz.cell( interval));//interval
            r.cells.add ( new GoogleViz.cell( td.Channel_Volume__c));//X-Axis
            gv.addRow( r ); 
            interval = interval + .01;
            }

The error is on the first row query. I need to make sure I am not pulling ALL Trial_Data__c records to display.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Is there a DOCUMENTED way to use a static resource as an image in a formula field?  I'm trying to create an 'action link' that looks like a command button and need to find a place to store the background image for the link in a way that is environment agnostic

I'd hoped this would work, but $Resource doesn't seem to be recognized in formula fields (works fine in visualforce formulas).  

HYPERLINK('/apex/createAgreement?id=' +  Id ,  IMAGE( $Resource.Create_Agreement_Button , 'Create Agreement' )  , '_top')

It appears that this will work, but I'd rather not depend on undocumented functionality to accomplish this.  Particulary given I'd like to add this to a managed package at sometime and in theory there could be an identically named resource that alread exists in the org.

HYPERLINK('/apex/createAgreement?id=' +  Id ,  IMAGE( '/resource/Create_Agreement_Button' , 'Create Agreement' )  , '_top')

Documents are also a reasonable approach, but I don't know how to use them across multiple environments where I won't no the document id.