• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello friends,

Iam integrating SFDC in iOS using REST API.App  working well.

but sometimes iam getting SFDC webpage after logging. I dont know the exact reason for this..

Can anybody Please help me..why it webpage is dispalying and and how to over come this.

• September 27, 2012

hi Folks,

Hope all are doing good ,,

IAm integrating sfdc in ios.

Iam facing one issue after logging into my native sfdc app.

after loggin in my native app logged in method is called after suuccessfully logged in,

in this method iam printing NSLog(@"%@",self.coordinator.credentials);

iam getting acceesstoken instamceurl but iam not getting organization id and identityurl and userid....getting null for these values..should i give any permissions...???to get these values...

when iam running sfdc sample app after logging it ask for 3 permissions.

but iam giving my sfdc account,s comsumekey and redirecturi iam not getting one permissions"access info at any time behalf of user...".to get this permission request should i give any permission in sfdc ..

please help me

• September 06, 2012

Hi fellows,

Iam back again,.

Iam integrating SFDC into ios i have done already a project.This is my 2nd project for integrating SFDC in ios.

For this i need to get field accessabilty of an object throgh REST API.

Is it possible to get the field permissions (read/write)of an object through  REST API.

Hello every body,

Iam integrating salesforce into ios using REST Api.

it is working fine .but iam getting"Remote Access Authorization Error" error some times when iam logging into sfdc using my app.

can anybody resolve it.it is not frequent error..iam getting this some times dont know when exaactly...

Thanks

sandeep kumar.R 

Hi ,

This is chandrasekhar . iam new to Salesforce integration. now iam getting problem in Rest Api application  after running my application iam getting login page fine but after login it asking allow and Deny  buttons so if i click the Allow button then i didnt get any respected data instead of that iam gettting salesforce login page again.

Hi All,

Ima integrating salesforce in ipad app. I want to set Session time out for my salesforce native app through restapi.Is It Possible.???or if i change timeout in my from my salesforce account ,is it applicable for my native app?

Please help me?

HI every one,

iam integrating salesforce in iphone app.in my i want to upload multiple records at a time to salesforce..how can i do this..som eof my friends said use batch apex.But i dont know how to use batch apex in salesforce and how to use them in iphone app.Can anybody help me????

Thanks in advance,

Sandeep kumar

Hi Everybody,

Ima working on iphone app with salesforce integration.

how can upload(or) update profile pic using with native app.

on whcih object should i perform update request to RESTAPI.

help me.

Thanks in advance,

Sandeep kumar

HI EveryBody,

Iam working on iphone sfdc integration.

I created custom login page to get the user access_token and and using that i get user profile info upto this it is fine.

But when iam querying object fields using restapi iam not getting respnse .

below is my query

SFRestRequest *request = [[SFRestAPIsharedInstance]requestForQuery:[NSStringstringWithFormat: @"SELECT ParentId,Id, PostCount, LikeReceivedCount FROM ChatterActivity"]];

[[SFRestAPIsharedInstance] send:request delegate:self];

Is this because of custom login?

iam not using oauthCoordinator OAuthCredentials in customlogin because iam sendin my username and password to login.salesforce.com.

With nativeapplication template REST API working fine.iam getting response in native application with Here for login we use salesforce webview.we when we press login it will use SFOAuthCoordinator SFOAuthCredentials.

SFRestRequest *request = [[SFRestAPIsharedInstance]requestForQuery:[NSStringstringWithFormat@"SELECT ParentId,Id, PostCount, LikeReceivedCount FROM ChatterActivity"]];

[[SFRestAPIsharedInstancesend:request delegate:self];

I also tried to get the query details of the object with url 

https://ap1.salesforce.com/services/data/v23.0/query/?q=SELECT+name+from+Contact -H "Authorization: OAuth <myaccess_token>" -H "X-PrettyPrint:1

iam getting the fallowing error

<Errors>
<Error>
<errorCode>INVALID_SESSION_ID</errorCode>
<message>Session expired or invalid</message>
</Error>
</Errors>
please help me.......

Thanks in Advance.
Sandeep kumar

Hi All,

I want to display chatter infromation like comments count,post count,messages,status etc.

iam using url :

https://ap1.salesforce.com/services/data/v24.0/chatter/feeds/news/me?Authorization:OAuth

"my accesstoken number".

iam getting response

<Errors>
<Error>
</Error>
</Errors>.
but iam sure my acceess token is not expired because iam getting profile info with the same accees token.
am i was sending worng parameter(Authorization:OAuth)can anyone help me?
can anubody give example url.
Thank You,
Sandeep kumar

HI all,

Iam integrating salesforce api in my iphone app.I need custom log in page instead of salesforce webview to log in.When I call authenticate method SFOauthCoordinator delegate method :- (void)oauthCoordinator:(SFOAuthCoordinator *)coordinator didBeginAuthenticationWithView:(UIWebView *)view is calling.this method adding salesforce login webview on viewcontroller.This is a required delegate method.we should implement this method.if we wont implement this method we will get crashed...can anybody help how to design custom log in page???

Thanks.......
Sandeep kumar

Hi Team,

We have downloaded a xcode4.2 beta version for iphone app development with respective to the connecting with salesforce objects, however app that we have created is not accepted by the apple store and as well it is not installed on the mobile, we would like to if you have any links for the stable version instead of xcode4.2 beta version...

it would be of great help if you could provide us the quick solution...

Thank you for your help,

Sandeep

Hello friends,

Iam integrating SFDC in iOS using REST API.App  working well.

but sometimes iam getting SFDC webpage after logging. I dont know the exact reason for this..

Can anybody Please help me..why it webpage is dispalying and and how to over come this.

• September 27, 2012

Understanding that its maybe removing a level of security but is there a way to get around the user having to authorize a new device for an iPad app? We have a internal app in development.  We want to try and avoid the device verification part of loggin in for the first time login since there will be many devices being enabled. The app is using OAuth2 for authentication. 

• September 10, 2012

Hi guys,

I am using the mobile sdk in an existing project ( not using the template ).  To preface, this project is in xcode 4.3.3, targeting ios 5 and using storyboards. 

I've created a class which conforms to SFOAuthCoordinatorDelegate that is handling and displaying the OAuth dance.  This seems to all be working just fine and I can see that I'm being authenticated. 

However, this is where two strange things are happening.  First, in the oauthDidAuthenticate method I try to assign the coordinator to the SFRestAPI shared instance and I am getting an NSInvalidArgument exception that's referencing something to do with NSURL and queryParameters.  I believe it has something to do with the instanceUrl property on the coordinator's credentials, so I'm setting the instanceUrl to nil and then assigning the coordinator to the shared instance of SFRestAPI.

Next, I have a method that gets notified when the authentication has been successfully completed.  This method is in a class that conforms to SFRestDelegate.  Here I reset the instanceUrl property of the shared instance back to what it should be.  Then, I try to send a simple query for Contacts.  I can see in the logs that the request is being created with the proper endpoint, method, path, and queryParams, but none of the SFRestDelegate methods are getting any info back.  The flow just ends.

Has anyone else come across this and/or have any ideas?

Thanks as always,

Clint

I have sent 2 querys in the same viewController. So I will be getting to the "- (void)request:(SFRestRequest *)request didLoadResponse:(id)jsonResponse" twice. So how can I distinguish 2 requests ??

Hello every body,

Iam integrating salesforce into ios using REST Api.

it is working fine .but iam getting"Remote Access Authorization Error" error some times when iam logging into sfdc using my app.

can anybody resolve it.it is not frequent error..iam getting this some times dont know when exaactly...

Thanks

sandeep kumar.R 

hi,

I am a newbie on the mobile application development. what I want is to develop an App on iphone to let our business man approve the approval process.  

Firstly, the app will display a list of "item to approve" on the screen, and there is a button let say "approve" on each of the item. Secondly, when the uer click the button, then he can approve it.  

the challenge is that all the information is read from sfdc via the api (enterprise wsdl) also, the opperation is based on the api.  but as sfdc says, if you access sfdc via the third part application, you have to provide the token... it is not possible for the business man to record the security token when he login sfdc via the App.

how much I am wrong on this? could anyone help?

thanks!

I want to make a log out button in a native xcode app, i use this for make the log out

SFNativeRestAppDelegate *sf=[[SFNativeRestAppDelegate alloc] init];

[sf.coordinator revokeAuthentication];
[sf.coordinator authenticate];

The problem is that it porduces an exception that say`s

[SFNativeRestAppDelegate oauthRedirectURI]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x869ae10'

My code of this method in the class SFNativeRestApp delegate is the next:

- (NSString*)oauthRedirectURI {
    NSLog(@"You must override this method in your subclass1");
    [self doesNotRecognizeSelector:@selector(oauthRedirectURI)];
    return nil;}

I expect someone could help me, im new in this and i really don`t understand very good what this method is doing.

Hi, i really don`t know how to log out of my account in a native app with xcode, i expect someone could help me

I am working on rest api integration and i have created wrapper class with some variable to send the values.

I have one issue, some of the varaibles having value as null i want to remove those variables.Any idea how i can do that? I already try if condition but it's not working.

Hi ,

This is chandrasekhar . iam new to Salesforce integration. now iam getting problem in Rest Api application  after running my application iam getting login page fine but after login it asking allow and Deny  buttons so if i click the Allow button then i didnt get any respected data instead of that iam gettting salesforce login page again.

Hi All,

Ima integrating salesforce in ipad app. I want to set Session time out for my salesforce native app through restapi.Is It Possible.???or if i change timeout in my from my salesforce account ,is it applicable for my native app?

Please help me?

Hey all, 

I'm still learning how to use the SalesForce Database service and the iOS SDK. I'm trying to get it to write a record into a table called "Audits". However, my request seems to keep failing as my console reads...

5/2/12 8:43:35.152 AM CloudTest2: request:didFailLoadWithError: Error Domain=com.salesforce.RestAPI.ErrorDomain Code=999 "The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.salesforce.RestAPI.ErrorDomain error 999.)" UserInfo=0x6b5a950 {message=The requested resource does not exist, errorCode=NOT_FOUND}

I must be doing something incorrectly. Here is the method I'm using...

//Add a test record

NSString * objectType = @"Audit";

NSDictionary *fields = [@"{AuditName: Test, GroupID:1}" objectFromJSONString];
    SFRestRequest *TestAdd = [[SFRestAPI sharedInstance] requestForCreateWithObjectType:objectType fields:fields];

[[SFRestAPI sharedInstance] send:TestAdd delegate:self];

What exactly am I doing wrong?

HI EveryBody,

Iam working on iphone sfdc integration.

I created custom login page to get the user access_token and and using that i get user profile info upto this it is fine.

But when iam querying object fields using restapi iam not getting respnse .

below is my query

SFRestRequest *request = [[SFRestAPIsharedInstance]requestForQuery:[NSStringstringWithFormat: @"SELECT ParentId,Id, PostCount, LikeReceivedCount FROM ChatterActivity"]];

[[SFRestAPIsharedInstance] send:request delegate:self];

Is this because of custom login?

iam not using oauthCoordinator OAuthCredentials in customlogin because iam sendin my username and password to login.salesforce.com.

With nativeapplication template REST API working fine.iam getting response in native application with Here for login we use salesforce webview.we when we press login it will use SFOAuthCoordinator SFOAuthCredentials.

SFRestRequest *request = [[SFRestAPIsharedInstance]requestForQuery:[NSStringstringWithFormat@"SELECT ParentId,Id, PostCount, LikeReceivedCount FROM ChatterActivity"]];

[[SFRestAPIsharedInstancesend:request delegate:self];

I also tried to get the query details of the object with url 

https://ap1.salesforce.com/services/data/v23.0/query/?q=SELECT+name+from+Contact -H "Authorization: OAuth <myaccess_token>" -H "X-PrettyPrint:1

iam getting the fallowing error

<Errors>
<Error>
</Error>
</Errors>
please help me.......

Thanks in Advance.
Sandeep kumar

HI all,

Iam integrating salesforce api in my iphone app.I need custom log in page instead of salesforce webview to log in.When I call authenticate method SFOauthCoordinator delegate method :- (void)oauthCoordinator:(SFOAuthCoordinator *)coordinator didBeginAuthenticationWithView:(UIWebView *)view is calling.this method adding salesforce login webview on viewcontroller.This is a required delegate method.we should implement this method.if we wont implement this method we will get crashed...can anybody help how to design custom log in page???

Thanks.......
Sandeep kumar

It seems that the SalesforceMobileSDK-iOS requires the /Developer folder, which is no longer part of the XCode setup. So how do I update/resolve the compiler errors when trying to run ./install.sh for the sdk setup?

Hi Team,

We have downloaded a xcode4.2 beta version for iphone app development with respective to the connecting with salesforce objects, however app that we have created is not accepted by the apple store and as well it is not installed on the mobile, we would like to if you have any links for the stable version instead of xcode4.2 beta version...

it would be of great help if you could provide us the quick solution...

Thank you for your help,

Sandeep

Hi,

After getting the access token, REST client need use it for following request. According to the demo, this access token can only set in http header. 

Shall can i sent this token in http parameters?

Thanks

zg

Hi,

I found about the OAuth.2.0 Username-Password Flow at : https://login.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/remoteaccess_oauth_username_password_flow.htm .

I want to implement this for a mobile application using JQuery ajax call.  I tried below, but it does not work for me:

$.ajax({
   type:"POST",
     url: loginUrl+'services/oauth2/token?'
                 +'&grant_type=password&client_id='+escape(clientId)
                 +'&client_secret='+escape(clientSecret)
                 +'&username=user&password=mypwd',                
     success: function(){
        alert("Hello");
      }
   });

Can someone help me with a code samlpe for this.

Thanks.

• December 29, 2011