• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We're getting close to deploying the Public Knowledge Base 2 found here on the AppExchange: http://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000059QxXEAU

It's a great package.

One quirk that I'm still ironing out is the search page behvaior. When a user tries to search for certain special characters (such as # if they're looking for C# sample code), the search function seems to break. Instead of being shown a list of articles, the user gets the maintainence page.

Anybody have any thoughts?

Thanks,

Dan

We're working with the newly released Public Knowledge Base, found on the appexchange here: http://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000059QxXEAU

It's great, but I can't get article pages to render the way I need. We want to embed videos (and other raw HTML), and I was provided with a "How to Embed Videos" guide for the old knowledge base. I can make these exact steps work for the new knowledge base. But these steps create a new VF page for the Articles which doesn't have the new features such as Related Articles, email/facebook buttons, the Feedback component at the bottom of the page, etc.

I want to make the off-the-shelf article page display and render my custom fields correctly, and not develop an entirely new page for the articles.

What I'm stumbling with is the ability to call custom fields on Artilces. On the pkb_Template VF page that comes with the Public Knowledge Base, I can call standard article fields by doing the following:

{!theKad.Id} calls the Knowledge Article ID
{!theKad.Summary} calls the summary
{!pkbCon.theAV.Title} calls the Title (and shows different syntax for accessing fields)

However, when I try to call our custom field Article_Body__c, this is what happens:

{!theKad.Article_Body__c} generates Error: Unknown property 'pkb_Controller.KnowledgeArticleData.Article_Body__c'
{!pkbCon.theAV.Article_Body__c} generates the same error.

I've searched lots of forums, and the API developer guide. No clear answer. I've also filed a support case, but wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts. If I get an answer from SFDC, I'll make sure to include it in this thread for others to see.

Any thoughts on what should I do now?

We're getting close to deploying the Public Knowledge Base 2 found here on the AppExchange: http://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000059QxXEAU

It's a great package.

One quirk that I'm still ironing out is the search page behvaior. When a user tries to search for certain special characters (such as # if they're looking for C# sample code), the search function seems to break. Instead of being shown a list of articles, the user gets the maintainence page.

Anybody have any thoughts?

Thanks,

Dan

We're working with the newly released Public Knowledge Base, found on the appexchange here: http://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000059QxXEAU

It's great, but I can't get article pages to render the way I need. We want to embed videos (and other raw HTML), and I was provided with a "How to Embed Videos" guide for the old knowledge base. I can make these exact steps work for the new knowledge base. But these steps create a new VF page for the Articles which doesn't have the new features such as Related Articles, email/facebook buttons, the Feedback component at the bottom of the page, etc.

I want to make the off-the-shelf article page display and render my custom fields correctly, and not develop an entirely new page for the articles.

What I'm stumbling with is the ability to call custom fields on Artilces. On the pkb_Template VF page that comes with the Public Knowledge Base, I can call standard article fields by doing the following:

{!theKad.Id} calls the Knowledge Article ID
{!theKad.Summary} calls the summary
{!pkbCon.theAV.Title} calls the Title (and shows different syntax for accessing fields)

However, when I try to call our custom field Article_Body__c, this is what happens:

{!theKad.Article_Body__c} generates Error: Unknown property 'pkb_Controller.KnowledgeArticleData.Article_Body__c'
{!pkbCon.theAV.Article_Body__c} generates the same error.

I've searched lots of forums, and the API developer guide. No clear answer. I've also filed a support case, but wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts. If I get an answer from SFDC, I'll make sure to include it in this thread for others to see.

Any thoughts on what should I do now?