• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hey all,

I'm trying to download the Force IDE as a stand alone application, the Windows 64bit version (from http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Force.com_IDE_Installation).   I have tried about 10 times total now and tried to my desktop as well as my laptop and get the same issue on both. The download just randomly stops and I get the error:

"Windows cannot open the folder.

The compressed(zipped) folder

c:\blah\blah\blah\blah\force.com-ide-installer-win64.zip is invalid"

I think the furthest it has gotten is 8%.  Anyone know what the problem is and how I can get the IDE downloaded?  Also, I do have the Java JRE installed.  Thanks in advance

So i'm going through the workbook tutorial located here: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/workbook/index.htm

I've been going through it fine, but now I have run into a problem.  On Tutorial #9, Step 4 it is adding a controller to the page, and the code provided is not working.  On the previous step, I had the following:

<apex:page standardStylesheets="false" showHeader="false" sidebar="false"> 

<apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.styles, 'styles.css')}" />

<h1>Inventory Count Sheet</h1> 

</apex:page>

That worked fine, but now that I have gotten to step 4, I have this:

<apex:page standardStylesheets="false" showHeader="false" sidebar="false" standardController="Merchandise__c"recordSetVar="products">

<apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.Styles, 'styles.css')}" />

However when I try to save this I get the error:

Error: CountSheet line 1, column 110: Element type "apex:page" must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>" 
ErrorError: Element type "apex:page" must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>".

In the tutorial it says to edit the first <apex:page> tag, which is what I beleive I did.  And the error I am not quite getting because I have included attribute specifications and it ends with a >.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance

So i'm going through the workbook tutorial located here: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/workbook/index.htm

I've been going through it fine, but now I have run into a problem.  On Tutorial #9, Step 4 it is adding a controller to the page, and the code provided is not working.  On the previous step, I had the following:

<apex:page standardStylesheets="false" showHeader="false" sidebar="false"> 

<apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.styles, 'styles.css')}" />

That worked fine, but now that I have gotten to step 4, I have this:

<apex:page standardStylesheets="false" showHeader="false" sidebar="false" standardController="Merchandise__c"recordSetVar="products">

<apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.Styles, 'styles.css')}" />

However when I try to save this I get the error:

Error: CountSheet line 1, column 110: Element type "apex:page" must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>" 
ErrorError: Element type "apex:page" must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>".

In the tutorial it says to edit the first <apex:page> tag, which is what I beleive I did.  And the error I am not quite getting because I have included attribute specifications and it ends with a >.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance