• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Greetings,

First of all, I'm very new to Apex and Salesforce as a whole, but I've been programming professionally for almost a decade. I'm trying to learn the ropes here and it seems that finding documentation on very specific problems can be challenging. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

I have spent the last several hours attempting to find a solution to a problem I'm having. I recently imported a WSDL provided to me by another team in my company and, while trying to use some of the Apex methods provided by that process, I'm receiving the following error (exactly as it reads): "System.CalloutException: IO Exception: no protocol:". This exception is thrown at this line (domain censored):

WebServiceCallout.invoke(
	this,
	request_x,
	response_map_x,
	new String[]{endpoint_x,
	'',
	'http://integ.xxxxxxxxxx.com/public/interfaces/CustomerAndService/CustomerAndServiceDetails.xsd',
	'CustomerDetailsRequest',
	'http://integ.xxxxxxxxxx.com/public/interfaces/CustomerAndService/CustomerAndServiceDetails.xsd',
	'CustomerDetailsResponse',
	'EAICustomerAndServiceDetails.CustomerDetailsResponse'}
);

I notice a couple of things immediately here. First, of course, is that the error says "no protocol". This leads me to believe that I should be providing a protocol to the WebServiceCallout.invoke() method. But in all the examples I'm seeing online, no one appears to be doing that. Or, at the very least, they're not doing it with an argument at the time the method is called.

The second thing I noticed is that there is a ":" at the end of "no protocol:". This leads me to believe that it may be trying to list what protocol it thinks it may have but there's nothing there so I'm just seeing a blank string after the ":". This is all best-guess though.

I have many questions but I think they can all be answered by asking: where do I assign the protocol? It seems that it should be able to know the protocol since I'm providing it with the endpoint address (assigned to endpoint_x near the top of the class). In this case, HTTPS is the protocol in the endpoint.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

- John

Edit: I attempted to find a way to break the hyperlinks in the code I provided so they're not clickable. I couldn't find a way to do that without invalidating the data further and making it confusing to a reader. My apologies.

Greetings,

First of all, I'm very new to Apex and Salesforce as a whole, but I've been programming professionally for almost a decade. I'm trying to learn the ropes here and it seems that finding documentation on very specific problems can be challenging. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

I have spent the last several hours attempting to find a solution to a problem I'm having. I recently imported a WSDL provided to me by another team in my company and, while trying to use some of the Apex methods provided by that process, I'm receiving the following error (exactly as it reads): "System.CalloutException: IO Exception: no protocol:". This exception is thrown at this line (domain censored):

WebServiceCallout.invoke(
	this,
	request_x,
	response_map_x,
	new String[]{endpoint_x,
	'',
	'CustomerDetailsRequest',
	'CustomerDetailsResponse',
	'EAICustomerAndServiceDetails.CustomerDetailsResponse'}
);

I notice a couple of things immediately here. First, of course, is that the error says "no protocol". This leads me to believe that I should be providing a protocol to the WebServiceCallout.invoke() method. But in all the examples I'm seeing online, no one appears to be doing that. Or, at the very least, they're not doing it with an argument at the time the method is called.

The second thing I noticed is that there is a ":" at the end of "no protocol:". This leads me to believe that it may be trying to list what protocol it thinks it may have but there's nothing there so I'm just seeing a blank string after the ":". This is all best-guess though.

I have many questions but I think they can all be answered by asking: where do I assign the protocol? It seems that it should be able to know the protocol since I'm providing it with the endpoint address (assigned to endpoint_x near the top of the class). In this case, HTTPS is the protocol in the endpoint.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

- John

Edit: I attempted to find a way to break the hyperlinks in the code I provided so they're not clickable. I couldn't find a way to do that without invalidating the data further and making it confusing to a reader. My apologies.

Hi, I am trying to make a Apex callout but facing various errors in it. one of them below is 

System.CalloutException: IO Exception: java.security.cert.CertificateException: No subject alternative names matching IP address xx.xx.xx.xxx found

Any suggestion or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,