• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi.

I have been working through this article which shows how to set up a Salesforce2Salesforce connection:

http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/An_Introduction_to_Salesforce_to_Salesforce

I have managed to set up the connection between the two installations but the code for the automation doesn't seem to work. 

What I want to be able to do is create an apex trigger on a custom object (myObject_c) which when created automatically puts the myObject_c and parent Account object across to the partner. My code looks like:

trigger shareWithPartner on myObject_c(after insert) {
PartnerNetworkRecordConnection newConnection =
                    new PartnerNetworkRecordConnection(
                        ConnectionId = networkId,
                        LocalRecordId = newContact.Id,
                        SendClosedTasks = false,
                        SendOpenTasks = false,
                        SendEmails = false,
                        ParentRecordId = myObject_c.AccountId);
insert newConnection;
}

but I get the error that networkId variable doesn't exist. Do I need to put in the connection id for the partner relationship in here? If I use the Id that is present in the url when I look at the connection:

https://na7.salesforce.com/p/pnetwork/Response/d?id=xyz123456789

in the code then I get the following errors:

ConnectionId = xyz123456789,
returns: Compile Error: expecting a right parentheses, found 'xyz123456789'

I have a custom Picklist (Multi-Select) and when a run a report that groups by the Picklist it doesn't group by each item in the Picklist but each combination of selected items that exist.

For example pick list values are A,B,C.

My report groups will list all select combinations 
A
ABC
AC
B
BC
C

Instead I want my groups A, B C. 

If an item as all three selected it should show up in each group.  Any ideas on how to do this?
Hi,

We have a requirement to implement approval process for a custom object. The aproval request will be initiated by the owner of the custom object and sent to user who may/may not have a salesforce user licese. Once the user approves the request, the approval status should trigger a field update on the same object.

We want to use the standard approval process available on the force.com platform but the approval requests will also be send to users who do not have a salesforce user license.

Is this possible using the standard approval process to send email to external users?
Or how can this be done using Apex?

We appreciate all your feedbacks.
Regards
  • July 23, 2008