• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

I'm new to force.com development and running out of ideas (and time!), so help is really appreciated.

I have a mobile application from which the end user should be able to upload an image file to somewhere on my force.com platform, ideally a fileserver area (rather than in a databse) and then store the URL to the image within a filed of my custom object.

Can someone advise where I can upload the images (they will be specific to records within my custom object) I don't even know if this is possible and if so, then what objects or API I should be calling. At the moment, I was trying to use REST API via RestRequest.

Thanks

Hello,

I'm new to force.com development and running out of ideas (and time!), so help is really appreciated.

I have a mobile application from which the end user should be able to upload an image file to somewhere on my force.com platform, ideally a fileserver area (rather than in a databse) and then store the URL to the image within a filed of my custom object.

Can someone advise where I can upload the images (they will be specific to records within my custom object) I don't even know if this is possible and if so, then what objects or API I should be calling. At the moment, I was trying to use REST API via RestRequest.

Thanks

Right now i am using REST API to upload custom object information and able to upload all data, but one of our table contains image field (with data type: Rich Text Area(32768) ) - so how to upload image from Android client to this custom object... 

As per current finding i did not find any file/image upload support in REST API (multi-part post for file uploading)

Any help/pointer on this will be greatly appriciated

Thank You.

I've had a very reasonable request from a group of my users and I can't figure out a simple way to give them what they're asking for.  

They use "Cases" to track requests from our field sales for approve the configuration of a quote before it goes to a customer.  Sometimes there are several versions of a quote, either because the  group approving the configuration suggests changes or because the customer changes requirements (or both).  We can end up with several attachments and no easy way for our contracting/post sales processing group to determine which is the quote that was approved.  

So, there are a couple of things I'm trying to do.  I'd like to be able to add a field so that we can track if the quote configuration has been approved or not for each individual attachment (checkbox, picklist, something like that).  

If we can't add a field, I'd like to have the group doing the approvals to put the word "APPROVED" in the description field for the attachment, and be able to show that field either on the related list of the record (ideal) or when looking at the "View All" screen.  

I haven't been able to find a way to either customize the attachment detail page or customize the related list or customize the view all page.  Any ideas?  Or another idea for how we can easily see which attachment is the approved quote?