• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I found this code on the Training & Help site to create a custom button on a case that is supposed to notify the Created By that the case has been closed.  Instead, my button notifies the case owner, the person who the case was assigned to and the one who is clicking the button.  So essentially, the button is notifying the notifier.  What needs to change in this code to get it to notify the Created By?  I tried replacing {!Case.ContactId} with {!Case.CreatedById} and received an error.  

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

location.replace('/email/author/emailauthor.jsp?retURL=/{!Case.Id}&p3_lkid={!Case.Id}&rtype=003&p2_lkid={!Case.ContactId}&template_id=00X40000001T2B0&p5=&save=1')

Hi,

I would like to create a custom button on the Opp to select certain attached files and move them to a custom object when the sale is completed.  It would be great if the record on the record on the custom object could be created as part of this button.

Thanks in advance.

Relating to the article titled The Quick Email Button in the Service & Support Blog of Successforce, I had the following query:

I'm trying to co-opt what Marco Casalaina did for a Case to create a link for an Opportunity.  I'm calling it "quick close email" which, as planned, will allow a rep to pull up our closing email template with one click from the Opportunity page. The syntax I am using follows:

Code:
location.replace('/email/author/emailauthor.jsp—retURL=/{!Opportunity.Id}&p3_lkid={!Opportunity.Id}&rtype=003&p2_lkid={!ContactId}&template_id=<your template here>');

Where "your template here" is the 15-character ID for the email template I would like to use.

Unfortunately, there's something wrong with the command -- it returns an "Unable to Access Page" message when launched from the opportunity. Doubly unfortunately, I know nothing about javascripts, so I can't troubleshoot this on my own. Any clues for me? Thx!
  • July 23, 2008