Replies

Hi All,

I am trying the following:

Map<Id, Account> accMap = new Map<Id, Account>();
Map<Id, Custom__c> cMap = new Map<Id, Custom__c>();
accMap.putAll([select id, Name from Account]);
cMap.putAll([select id, cName__c from Custom__c]);

It is working perfectly with Account.

But the last line is giving me error saying Map(List<Custom__c>) is not defined.

Does putAll method works only with standard objects?

What am I missing?

• April 25, 2012

I cannot get the hover lists to work for a visualforce page for the account object. I have a visualforce page with built to simply show the detail page of the Account object, within an iframe. I know iframes are not recommended, but it is entirely necessary for this project. The detail page is working fine, however the hover lists and when drilling into the account record, the related lists of related records are not working just showing a forever running spinner.

Here is the code for this page:

<apex:page standardController="Account" sidebar="false">
<apex:detail subject="{!Account.Id}" relatedList="true" relatedListHover="true" />
</apex:page>

The hover lists work when viewing the Account in the visual force page. However when housed in an iframe those hover lists do not work.

This issue is only true for Chrome, the hover lists do work for Firefox. 

Any ideas or help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Is it possible to create a record lookup within visualflow that will find a record that matches a multi-picklist value.

I have a record lookup in my flow. I want to find a record which has a State value equal to either WA, CA, ID, WY, or NY.

I tried creating a variable with the default value of WA|CA|ID|WY|NY and WA;CA;ID;WY;NY but neither of these worked. So it appears there is no concept of OR in record lookup filters. I would prefer to avoid creating a plug-in as that would not suit administrators very well who may later wish to change/update the flow.

Any ideas? 

Thanks.

I have a query that i want to run which only returns records whose custom string field value is not within the keyset of a map. 

The trick is populating the map with thousands of records.

The problem i'm having is i'm running into heap size limits while trying to populate the map. If i can just populate that map within one instantiation/population line of code, i can avoid the heap size exception.

Example below:

Map<String, Custom_Object__c> myMap = new Map<String, Custom_Object__c>([Select Custom_Field__c From Custom_Object__c Where Custom_Field__c != null limit 50000]);

This will instantiate & populate the map with key value pairs on one line, and i avoid the heap exception. However the key for the map is the id of the records, and the value is the record. What i need as the key is the field 'Custom_Field__c'. 

Does anyone know how to accomplish the instantiation/population of a map on a single line of code where the key (or value for that matter) is a specific field value?

What i'm trying to accomlish is using that maps keys or values as a filter for another query for another object.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Hello,

Has anyone found actual documentation for creating visualflow apex plugins? I'm trying to finish my test script for a plugin i created but i cannot figure out how to test the invoke() and describe() methods.

Thank you in advance for your help.

I cannot get the hover lists to work for a visualforce page for the account object. I have a visualforce page with built to simply show the detail page of the Account object, within an iframe. I know iframes are not recommended, but it is entirely necessary for this project. The detail page is working fine, however the hover lists and when drilling into the account record, the related lists of related records are not working just showing a forever running spinner.

Here is the code for this page:

<apex:page standardController="Account" sidebar="false">
<apex:detail subject="{!Account.Id}" relatedList="true" relatedListHover="true" />
</apex:page>

The hover lists work when viewing the Account in the visual force page. However when housed in an iframe those hover lists do not work.

This issue is only true for Chrome, the hover lists do work for Firefox. 

Any ideas or help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi All,

I am trying the following:

Map<Id, Account> accMap = new Map<Id, Account>();
Map<Id, Custom__c> cMap = new Map<Id, Custom__c>();
accMap.putAll([select id, Name from Account]);
cMap.putAll([select id, cName__c from Custom__c]);

It is working perfectly with Account.

But the last line is giving me error saying Map(List<Custom__c>) is not defined.

Does putAll method works only with standard objects?

What am I missing?

• April 25, 2012

I'm designing some flows for which I'd like the finishLocation behavior to change depending on the path of the flow.  Depending what happens in the flow, I need users to end up at different pages when the flow is over.  Is there a way to do that without writing custom code?

• February 13, 2012

We have Javascript Remoting in use in our Production instance (Summer '11) and it works like a charm. Our Sandbox was just "upgraded" to Winter 12 and now we are getting reference errors on code that has not changed in 2 months. What gives?

I have followed the instructions on how to get this working. I send test emails to the email service address created by salesforce when I activated the Email-to-Case and it does not create a case. I looked at the System Log and there is no entry regarding this. Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks,

AD

• July 29, 2010