• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am trying to build a fomula which would assist us to do some specific reporting on pipeline & close dates.

Our month end is sometimes different to the calendar month end, so need a validation rule, which would help me determine the correct financial month for each opportunity.

For example, in May, our month end is 25th May 2012. All opportunities with a close date of  26th -31st of May should be included in June. I think the best way is to create a hidden field from normal users, which would have the following formula:

Create a new field called Finance close date.

IF close date = (1-25th May) THEN finance close date = May

IF close date = (26th May - 30th June) THEN Finance Close date = June

Can anybody help me to create this?

Hi There,

I am trying to build a validation rule which prevents sales people from closing opportunities with the close date in the future. Especially when the opportunity is closed lost, they quite often don't change the close date and just leave the expected close date, which can be months ahead.

Any suggestions? I already use the close date cannot be prior the current month, maybe this could be altered ?

AND(OR (ISNEW(),ISCHANGED( CloseDate )),
CloseDate < DATE( YEAR(TODAY()), MONTH(TODAY()), 1) )

Thanks,

Jenni

Hi There,

I am trying to build a validation rule which prevents sales people from closing opportunities with the close date in the future. Especially when the opportunity is closed lost, they quite often don't change the close date and just leave the expected close date, which can be months ahead.

Any suggestions? I already use the close date cannot be prior the current month, maybe this could be altered ?

AND(OR (ISNEW(),ISCHANGED( CloseDate )),
CloseDate < DATE( YEAR(TODAY()), MONTH(TODAY()), 1) )

Thanks,

Jenni