• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Site.com

I'm currently working on the (free) developer edition of SIte.com to develop a custom CMS implementation for a customer.
From the dropdown menu under the Site.com tab, for the selected site, you have 3 options:

- Duplicate

- Export

- Delete

I have been able to successsfully import a demo site, I have been able to delete sites, but when I click Export, for any of my sites I get the following error:

__MISSING LABEL__ PropertyFile - val PicassoCrudPermissionDeniedException_desc not found in section Exception

Has anyone seen this before, and how do I fix this? Or is site export not an available feature for the developer edition of salesforce? (if so, why show it in a menu as an option?)

Please help!

Thanks in advance,

Yuri ... More

Hi,

We have a requirement where we need to provide pagination on site.com. The format for pagination is
<< < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > >>

For this, I have created a repeater where I tried using Go To Page event for pagination. I have followed following steps:

1. Created a repeater. In limits section of repeater, I have specified these values - Limit results to: 4 and Results per page: 2.
2. For implementing Go To Page event, I exactly followed steps in tutorial "https://na12.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/siteforce_events_pagination.htm" for Creating GoTo Pagination.

But when I input a page number in input field, the content does not change.
Is there an other configuration/coding that needs to be done for Go To Page or Is it not available to use yet?

• June 30, 2012

We have different pages that already exist and they have URLs as "www.abc.com/xyz.html". But on Site.com, since the content is dynamically generated, the URL is now "https://sitepreview.na2.force.com/page?id=a004000000dahmEUAA" where the content of the page is generated based on the id.

When the site will go live with existing domain, would it have URL as "www.abc.com/page?id=a004000000dahmEUAA"?

Is there any way to ensure that the new URLs generated when the site goes live be same as the existing URLs for the site so that search engines can list them?

• June 13, 2012

How does site.com recognises client ?whether it is iPad, BB or desktop?

Also how do we develop mobile compatible sites in site.com?

• June 09, 2012

Hi,

I am using Site.com to build a site where user have an option to upload images.

By any way, is it possible to upload images from a site page built using Site.com?

Any pointers would be really helpful.

• May 07, 2012

hi

can anyone tell me what is the limit of nesting repeaters???

i am not able to create child repeater on 2nd level..

thanks 

abhishek

Hello!

Couple of questions on search functionality:

1. Has anybody successfully implemented search in Site.com sites to search their records lying in Salesforce.com databases? In other words, the interface is developed in Site.com, but the actual search to happen on records saved in salesforce.com database.

2. In relation to the above question, Is it possible to leverage the OOTB search feature of Saleforce.com?

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks,

Ketan

Site.com

I'm currently working on the (free) developer edition of SIte.com to develop a custom CMS implementation for a customer.
From the dropdown menu under the Site.com tab, for the selected site, you have 3 options:

- Duplicate

- Export

- Delete

I have been able to successsfully import a demo site, I have been able to delete sites, but when I click Export, for any of my sites I get the following error:

__MISSING LABEL__ PropertyFile - val PicassoCrudPermissionDeniedException_desc not found in section Exception

Has anyone seen this before, and how do I fix this? Or is site export not an available feature for the developer edition of salesforce? (if so, why show it in a menu as an option?)

Please help!

Thanks in advance,

Yuri ... More

We have different pages that already exist and they have URLs as "www.abc.com/xyz.html". But on Site.com, since the content is dynamically generated, the URL is now "https://sitepreview.na2.force.com/page?id=a004000000dahmEUAA" where the content of the page is generated based on the id.

When the site will go live with existing domain, would it have URL as "www.abc.com/page?id=a004000000dahmEUAA"?

Is there any way to ensure that the new URLs generated when the site goes live be same as the existing URLs for the site so that search engines can list them?

• June 13, 2012

Hi,

I'd like to know if there is a way to show an image thumbnail on preview/list and larger image when clickin on details. The idea is to use a Repeater which shows a list of records from a Custom Object. It should also show an image for each record. When clicking on a record, a new page with a larger image should be shown.

Is this possible at all?

And how do you associate an image to a record? Creating an specific field on the object?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I am using Site.com to build a site where user have an option to upload images.

By any way, is it possible to upload images from a site page built using Site.com?

Any pointers would be really helpful.

• May 07, 2012