• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Can we export the data from salesforce to tab delimited text file using data loader?

• July 18, 2012

can I export data from salesforce into tab delimited text file using Salesforce?

• July 18, 2012

Hello,

I'm working on a specification where there are 2 custom fields[zip codes and Territory] in a custom object.

Based on the billing zip code in accounts i want the account to be assigneed to the particular territory.

Any suggesstions?

Thanks,

Praveen

• July 06, 2012

Hello,

I'm working on Territory management and wanted to separate accounts based on zip codes. I have few questions.

1) Where should I go to write my Account Assignment rules?

2) I have the territories and zipcodes in a csv file.

How should I implement this?

Thanks

• July 06, 2012

I'm writting a bulkified trigger to get a value from a custom object into account's object depending on the zip code.

Trigger:

trigger Terri on Account (before insert, before update) {

Set<String> Zips = new Set<String>();
for(Account a: Trigger.new)
Zips.add(a.BillingPostalCode);

Map<String, TerritoryZip__c> teri = new Map<String, TerritoryZip__c>([Select Territory__c from TerritoryZip__c Where ZipCode__c = :Zips]);

for (Account a : Trigger.new)
a.Territory__c = teri.get(a.BillingPostalCode).Territory__c;

}

Error:

Terri: execution of BeforeUpdate caused by: System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object: Trigger.Terri: line 11, column 1
what should I do now?
  • July 03, 2012

Can we export the data from salesforce to tab delimited text file using data loader?

• July 18, 2012

can I export data from salesforce into tab delimited text file using Salesforce?

• July 18, 2012

Hello,

I'm working on Territory management and wanted to separate accounts based on zip codes. I have few questions.

1) Where should I go to write my Account Assignment rules?

2) I have the territories and zipcodes in a csv file.

How should I implement this?

Thanks

• July 06, 2012

I'm writting a bulkified trigger to get a value from a custom object into account's object depending on the zip code.

Trigger:

trigger Terri on Account (before insert, before update) {

Set<String> Zips = new Set<String>();
for(Account a: Trigger.new)
Zips.add(a.BillingPostalCode);

Map<String, TerritoryZip__c> teri = new Map<String, TerritoryZip__c>([Select Territory__c from TerritoryZip__c Where ZipCode__c = :Zips]);

for (Account a : Trigger.new)
a.Territory__c = teri.get(a.BillingPostalCode).Territory__c;

}

Error:

Terri: execution of BeforeUpdate caused by: System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object: Trigger.Terri: line 11, column 1
what should I do now?
  • July 03, 2012
I am the administator for our marketing department. Our sales team is really large, so we aren't implmenting this tool to them...yet. I have an excel spreadsheet that has our territories broken down by zip code (quite large), and I need to somehow import the spreadsheet and auto populate new and current fields with this information based on the zipcode.

I think this is possible within a formula but I cannot make it work... and I have a TON of zipcodes to incorporate! Ideas? Comments? suggestions? Please help :smileysad: