• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All

Little Bit of a trouble here for me.Any help is greatly appreciated.Thanks

I have a Master Detail between Project-Transaction custom objects.And i have a profile named DF (bottom most at role heirarchy).So the requirement here is DF profile should not be able to see any transactions that are made above them but they should be able to see all the projects as projects(lookup) is a required field to create a new Transaction so that they get paid.

But when i make projects as private with role heirarchy and remove the view and modify  all permissions on DF profile, they are not able to search for projects in lookup as its private.

So how can i achieve this functionality.
Thanks for all the help.

Suman

Hi All

Need a small information on Roles

I have very few roled in my org right now.But we have to start using Approval process on Transaction Request which is completly based on roles.So what i have done is created extended Roles in my sandbox as how we need.But these no where match to existing Roles.
Can some one tell me what are the problems  i can run into if i Migrate the new roles. I dont thing we use Forecasting anywhere.Just wnated to know What problems in Data Sharing and security can Run if i change the org Chart completly.

Any help is greatly appreciated.And Thanks a lot in Advance.

Suman

Hi All

I have a small issue.One of my user merged 3 duplicate organizations and what happened is 2 were deleted and the one left became a contact and we now lost all the data related to the 3 organizations I mean all the payments and history.Now even after moving the deleted organizations from recycle bin they dont have all the data linked to them.Is there a way we can completly undo the merge procedure.Its a very big contact to our or company.Any help or idea is appretiated.Thanks All

Hi All

A small query. Here is the scenario

I have a picklist on Opportunity that says the stage of it.And we have a page section called Contributions Recievable.Right now any user can fill in the page section irrespective of the stage of opportunity.What we would like to do is make the page block editable only if one particular stage is selected.Can i know if this can be done without creating VF pages on Opportunity.Since that can be a lot of work to write VF's for Std Object.

Thanks a lot For all the help i always get from the board.
Thanks

Hi All

I am experiencing a small issue with the opportunity stage.My Standard user are not able to update the opprtunity state to closed won or closed lost in the stage.Feild levels are open to them and there is also no validation rule active.There are several other members on picklist and they are able to see them.Its just that these two feilds are missing in the picklist.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.Thanks a Lot.

Hi Board

I ran into a problem.Here is the whole scenario

I have approval process on contract. After the contract is approved there is no problem.But if the contract is being rejected then the records are unlocked for further editing.But when they are unlocked the status feild has a picklist which includes approved also in it .Is there a way i can restrict std users to select this feild after contract rejection.Approved will be a feild update in the approval process after contract is approved.
Thanks a lot for the help guys.Keep up the good work all.....Thanks 

Hi 

We have a approval process for Contracts approval.Can i just know where is this approval process residing.I checked the workflow and approval tab .Its not displayed there.I have to edit some steps in approval.Or if i can add a new approval process other than the existing(deleting previous one later on).How can i link the approval process to a contract.so that we know this approval process is for approving Contracts.Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I have the following problem:Can anyone suggest a way to this.

There are two different organizations by the same name and different documents,Affiliated contracts,payments and bunch of other stuff related to both of them but on an whole they both should be one.And we also have the ihance email integration that logs in emails that are diffrent for both the organization.

So we need to merge all the data also related to both the organizations to one.

I am working as a SF Admin/Dev in the Company and i am pretty new to salesforce and don't know much about this.Can anyone suggest me the most efficient way to achieve it without any kind of data loss from both the organizations.

Any input is greatly appreciated.Thanks a lot in advance.

Hi we have Enterprise edition for Non Profit and have the following scenario:

There are two different organizations by the same name and different documents,Affiliated contracts,payments and bunch of other stuff related to both of them but on an whole they both should be one.And we also have the ihance email integration that logs in emails that are diffrent for both the organization.

I am working as a SF Admin/Dev in the Company and i am pretty new to salesforce and don't know much about this.Can anyone suggest me the most efficient way to achieve it without any kind of data loss from both the organizations.

HI

I would like to know if there is any procedure to add the report members to a campaign directly without Manual interferance.We get our contacts from a application called myemma where people signup for newsletter and etc.etc.So these contacts are to be run sa a report and added to a campaign.
Any suggestions/ideas.

Thanks 

Hi All

we have many campaigns running and this kind of use case may apply to couple of them.Use case is as follows

we have new members to be added to contacts and also that are to be added to a campaign.But in the excel file we have contacts that are already up on Salesforce.How can i prevent to duplicate the contacts and add them succesfully to the campaign as a contact and not a lead.Right now i was manually deleting the contacts from excel but now i have a bulk job to be imported and manual work will take days.Right now what i do is i insert the contacts first get the record id and status of the same contacts and use the salesforce data import in campaigns to add the contacts to a campaign.

Can anybody help me in managing duplicates or giving a easire way to do it.

Hi

i am facing a small issue in adding campaign members automatically.The use case is as follows

We have salesforce integrated with drupal which adds contacts directly from owr website(all the users who sign up for our newsletter or offers.)So now we need to run a weekly report on these added contacts from Drupal Integrator and add them to a campaign automatically.Its a tedious process to do that manually everytime we need to add.
As far as i know we can do it in Dataloader CLI or writing a class.But not sure on both.is there a config only way to it.

Can anybody suggest me .Thanks so much.

Hi

i am facing a small issue in adding campaign members automatically.The use case is as follows

We have salesforce integrated with drupal which adds contacts directly from owr website(all the users who sign up for our newsletter or offers.)So now we need to run a weekly report on these added contacts from Drupal Integrator and add them to a campaign automatically.Its a tedious process to do that manually everytime we need to add.
As far as i know we can do it in Dataloader CLI or writing a class.But not sure on both.is there a config only way to it.

Can anybody suggest me .Thanks so much.

Hi All

I am experiencing a small issue with the opportunity stage.My Standard user are not able to update the opprtunity state to closed won or closed lost in the stage.Feild levels are open to them and there is also no validation rule active.There are several other members on picklist and they are able to see them.Its just that these two feilds are missing in the picklist.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.Thanks a Lot.

Hi 

We have a approval process for Contracts approval.Can i just know where is this approval process residing.I checked the workflow and approval tab .Its not displayed there.I have to edit some steps in approval.Or if i can add a new approval process other than the existing(deleting previous one later on).How can i link the approval process to a contract.so that we know this approval process is for approving Contracts.Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I have the following problem:Can anyone suggest a way to this.

Hi we have Enterprise edition for Non Profit and have the following scenario:

HI

I would like to know if there is any procedure to add the report members to a campaign directly without Manual interferance.We get our contacts from a application called myemma where people signup for newsletter and etc.etc.So these contacts are to be run sa a report and added to a campaign.
Any suggestions/ideas.

Thanks