• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I have created an Approval Process and an email alert inside this approval process. As in Salesforc, you need to chose an object on which to create an Approval Process and also an object on which to create an email alert. But the email template that I have chosen contains merge fields from other objects as well. The problem is that when these email alerts are sent out from the approval process, the merge fields from other objects translate to NULL. I understand that this is because the email alerts are created on one object only.
But the facility to create email templates is an independednt feature in Salesforce and you can embed mege fields from various objects into an email template.  So, I am looking for a way how I can get these merge fields from other objects to also populate/transalte into their real values when the email alert is sent out from the approval process.

Please help urgently.

We know how field dependencies work. Now we want to make more questions like text boxes dependend of one question. So if you fill in that one question it reveals 6 other questions or not depending on the answer. So we are looking for something similar to field dependencies, but then we want to make other question dependend like text boxes, multi-picklist. 

• May 22, 2012

Hi,

I've scoured the board and there seems to be plenty of examples of how to create new records in objects based on other submissions but my requirement seems a little more complex.

I currently have a mobile app submitting incident tickets into SFDC.

At present when a new incident__c record is created an APEX trigger finds the correct account that needs to fix that incident and attachs the account ID onto the ticket through a related field.

Then I can go to my account and see a list of related incident tickets that have been created on the account page.

So far, so good. What I now need to do is take this a bit further. I have created a new object called App_User__c and I want to do the same. However, the amount of Accounts is fixed, so I already have them created in SFDC. The users aren't known to me until they submit so I would like to 

a) Check if the app_user__C already exists based on their email in the incident__C object.

b) If not, create the app_user__C and copy 5 fields from the incident__c to populate the object

c) On creation or successful query, link the App_user__C ID to the incident__C ticket so I can see all incident's linked to my users on their page in SFDC, just like I can with Accounts.

Is this one trigger?  Many?

Any thoughts gratefully received!