• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi

Using Force.com IDE, I am able to create a Force.com project and pull sources by within "Choose Initial Project Contents" selecting radio button "Contents of package:" and then select within dropdown menu "Choose Package..." an existing package.

I want to pull the source of and the package from a developerForce production account into my developerForce developer account, and call this production account's package "StoreFront".

Flow Graph...

Start

>> production account with package "StoreFront"

>> Force.com IDE create project using "Contents of package"

>> Force.com IDE "Deploy to Server"

>> developer account into recreated package "StoreFront"

>> End

I was able to pull the source using Force.com IDE from the production account by choosing package "StoreFront" into my Force.com project .

However, when calling "Force.com > Deploy to Server" and directing the save operation to my developer account, it saved all the production pulled sources from my Force.com project into my developer account, but not the package "StoreFront". In other words, the package "StoreFront" does not exist within my developer account.

What am I missing to pull a package from one account to another through a Force.com IDE's project?

Thanks

Jeff in Seattle

Hi

I am within a small development group (5 developers) creating a salesforce application, and I have successfully setup Force.com IDE.

I was provided with the task of creating a test harness to verify quality of the deliverable from these multiple developers.

1. Does developerForce have a best practice in assuring a quality salesforce app deliverable and successfully meet saleforce.com acceptance criteria?
  2. Is it possible to create and run a test harness within Force.com IDE?
  3. The salesforce app my team is creating is pushing and pulling data from a remote service, so not only am I testing this app's quality within the salesforce environment but also assuring quality of our remote service in delivering expected data. Is it possible to test remote services within developerForce environment?

Thank you

Jeff in Seattle

Hi

I am part of a small group of developers (5) working concurrently on a salesforce app.

I have been able to setup Force.com IDE (on Windows, "Eclipse IDE for Java Developers", Java JDK/JRE update 6u27), and I am able to my developer account.

1.  Can multiple salesforce developers share on deverloperForce account or salesforce app source repository?
  2.  If so, then can existing salesforce developers be assigned to a shared account, or will these developers need to be assigned a new developerForce account?
  3.  If multiple developers can work against a shared account, then is it possible for multiple developers (each using Force.com IDE) to work concurrently on a single developer account as if a "source code management"?
  4.  In other words, "Force.com > Save to Server" and "Force.com > Synchronize with Server" detects conflicts and avoids over-writting other changes?

Thank you

Jeff in Seattle

Note: Using Java JDE/JRE update 7u5 failed with "Force.com > Save to Server" requests.

Hi

The following seems to be a common problem with Force.com IDE, pertaining to Save Errors:

Save error: Unable to perform save on all files: com.salesforce.ide.api.metadata.types.Metadata$Jax​bAccessorF_fullName cannot be cast to com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.runtime.reflect.Acces​sor    **** line 1    Force.com save problem

There was a similar discussion about this issue 09/2011:

http://forums.sforce.com/t5/General-Development/Eclipse-Force-com-IDE-Save-Errors/td-p/332947

A community member had a solution and I am wondering if it is still up-to-date:

"Okay I got to the bottom of it. Solution:

- Use JRE v6 update 27 - 64bit (downgraded from JRE 7)

- Use JDK v6 update 27 - 64 bit (downgraded from JDK 7)

- Re-installed Eclipse SDK 3.6.2

In short, downgrading solved the problem.'

I am install in Windows 7 64-bit

Thanks

Jeff in Seattle

Hi

The following seems to be a common problem with Force.com IDE, pertaining to Save Errors:

Save error: Unable to perform save on all files: com.salesforce.ide.api.metadata.types.Metadata$Jax​bAccessorF_fullName cannot be cast to com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.runtime.reflect.Acces​sor    **** line 1    Force.com save problem

There was a similar discussion about this issue 09/2011:

http://forums.sforce.com/t5/General-Development/Eclipse-Force-com-IDE-Save-Errors/td-p/332947

A community member had a solution and I am wondering if it is still up-to-date:

"Okay I got to the bottom of it. Solution:

- Use JRE v6 update 27 - 64bit (downgraded from JRE 7)

- Use JDK v6 update 27 - 64 bit (downgraded from JDK 7)

- Re-installed Eclipse SDK 3.6.2

In short, downgrading solved the problem.'

I am install in Windows 7 64-bit

Thanks

Jeff in Seattle

Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks.

Save error: Unable to perform save on all files: com.salesforce.ide.api.metadata.types.Metadata$JaxbAccessorF_fullName cannot be cast to com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.runtime.reflect.Accessor    **** line 1    Force.com save problem