• Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi there,

I don't know whether I am using the right approach for what i'm trying to achieve here so let me explain the context and then ask whether the approach i'm trying to take is the right one..

So basically what I'm trying to do is set up opportunities for selling time based slots of a product. So for example I have product A and Product b.

Now you can't buy more than one of either product only rent them from a start date to an end date..

So what I want to do is set the start and end date in my opportunity but then have a validation rule that triggers when you try to save the opportunity. 

So let's say that the opportunity has moved to a stage where the probability is greater than 50% then if there is another opportunity for that product with dates that fall inbetween the start and end dates of that opportunity the validation rule triggers and the user can't save the object. i.e. product A is already booked out. 

Is that the right way to go about doing this and if so, how could i write a formula for the validation rule that could look up those dates in other open opportunities either by stage or probability

Thanks

Hello all,

I was wondering if some of you great guys could shed some advice.

I need to go and take a look at a customer's org to analyse what features of salesforce they are and aren't using.

I have not seen this documented anywhere but i was wondering what do other people do, do they have a methodical manner in which you look at an org.

Does anyone follow a process of looking at things like in some kind of order

Objects > Fields > Tabs > Workflow etc to be able to understand what exactly is going?

I guess this is more of an architectural than dev question but nevertheless it must happen a lot when the org wasn't created by you.

Thanks everyone for reading :)

Hi there,

I don't know whether I am using the right approach for what i'm trying to achieve here so let me explain the context and then ask whether the approach i'm trying to take is the right one..

So basically what I'm trying to do is set up opportunities for selling time based slots of a product. So for example I have product A and Product b.

Now you can't buy more than one of either product only rent them from a start date to an end date..

So what I want to do is set the start and end date in my opportunity but then have a validation rule that triggers when you try to save the opportunity. 

So let's say that the opportunity has moved to a stage where the probability is greater than 50% then if there is another opportunity for that product with dates that fall inbetween the start and end dates of that opportunity the validation rule triggers and the user can't save the object. i.e. product A is already booked out. 

Is that the right way to go about doing this and if so, how could i write a formula for the validation rule that could look up those dates in other open opportunities either by stage or probability

Thanks

Hi,

Can anyone please let me know why is this checkbox 'Starts with a vowel sound' is used while creating objects in salesforce?

I read somewhere that 'This is used for languages where words need different treatment depending on the first character'.

If anyone can explain me with example on how it works that would be great.

Thanks in advance

Priya Nair

• April 26, 2010