• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am trying to create a formula in the opportunities layout using customs fields, but keep receiving an error.

My custom fields are;

• Full_value  (Currency)
  • Discount_percent (Percentage)
  • Discount_value (Currency)

Basically, I want the user to input the full sales value and the discount percentage, with the discount value field auto-calculating the reduced cost.

Whilst its probably not the best formula to use, I have input Full_Value__c *(1- Discount_Percent__c ) into the Discount_value formula editor box.  When I click the 'check syntax' button, I receive the following error message;

Error: Field Full_Value__c may not be used in this type of formula

I have tried creating a custom 'Formula' field, (which will accept the above formula,) but this doesn't appear on the opportunities page, (when I click 'create new opportunity.') - although, if I click onto the opportunities layout editor, it says that it is there.

My basic goal is that the sales person will enter a full sales value, then a discount percentage, and the discount value box will immediately calculate the reduced sales cost for the.  There are 10 different products that I would like to do this for.

Can anybody please help me out?

Thanks in advance

Jon

I am trying to create a formula in the opportunities layout using customs fields, but keep receiving an error.

My custom fields are;

• Full_value  (Currency)
  • Discount_percent (Percentage)
  • Discount_value (Currency)

Basically, I want the user to input the full sales value and the discount percentage, with the discount value field auto-calculating the reduced cost.

Whilst its probably not the best formula to use, I have input Full_Value__c *(1- Discount_Percent__c ) into the Discount_value formula editor box.  When I click the 'check syntax' button, I receive the following error message;

Error: Field Full_Value__c may not be used in this type of formula

I have tried creating a custom 'Formula' field, (which will accept the above formula,) but this doesn't appear on the opportunities page, (when I click 'create new opportunity.') - although, if I click onto the opportunities layout editor, it says that it is there.

My basic goal is that the sales person will enter a full sales value, then a discount percentage, and the discount value box will immediately calculate the reduced sales cost for the.  There are 10 different products that I would like to do this for.

Can anybody please help me out?

Thanks in advance

Jon