• 0 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I need to check whether some custom links are present in a "Custom Links" section of Lead and Contact layout. and custom list buttons in leads/contacts lists.

Links are defined in Leads (Contacts) -> Buttons and Links -> Custom Buttons and Links They are defined as URL-type Detail Page Links (for detail pages) and Custom sControl List Buttons for lists.

I've used listMetadata(type=>'Layout') call to get layouts, selected 2 layouts (for different profiles) where fullName starts with 'Lead-'. So I've got Lead layouts.

One of them looks like this:

{:type=>"Layout",

:lastModifiedById=>"005....",

:lastModifiedByName=>"some user",

:createdById=>"005700000013SWsAAM",

:lastModifiedDate=>"2012-03-02T14:49:17.000Z",

:fileName=>"layouts/Lead-QA Layout.layout",

:createdByName=>"some user",

:manageableState=>"unmanaged",

:createdDate=>"2008-08-04T23:14:21.000Z",

:id=>"00h70000001ZSYxAAO",

:fullName=>"Lead-QA Layout"},

The next step I've tried was a retrieve call with different parameters to get "layouts/Lead-QA Layout.layout" But I don't know what is the correct XML, which I should produce and, also, whether tha data I need is present in retrived file. Maybe, I'm going in wrong direction and there's some different way to get data I need?

I'm using Ruby on Rails and a custom modification of activesalesforce adapter (actually rforce.rb is all what's left of activesalesforce adapter after modification), but, guess, this is not significant. I just need an example of XML, the other things I know (guess so) how to do.

I need to check whether some custom links are present in a "Custom Links" section of Lead and Contact layout. and custom list buttons in leads/contacts lists.

Links are defined in Leads (Contacts) -> Buttons and Links -> Custom Buttons and Links They are defined as URL-type Detail Page Links (for detail pages) and Custom sControl List Buttons for lists.

I've used listMetadata(type=>'Layout') call to get layouts, selected 2 layouts (for different profiles) where fullName starts with 'Lead-'. So I've got Lead layouts.

One of them looks like this:

{:type=>"Layout",

:lastModifiedById=>"005....",

:lastModifiedByName=>"some user",

:createdById=>"005700000013SWsAAM",

:lastModifiedDate=>"2012-03-02T14:49:17.000Z",

:fileName=>"layouts/Lead-QA Layout.layout",

:createdByName=>"some user",

:manageableState=>"unmanaged",

:createdDate=>"2008-08-04T23:14:21.000Z",

:id=>"00h70000001ZSYxAAO",

:fullName=>"Lead-QA Layout"},

The next step I've tried was a retrieve call with different parameters to get "layouts/Lead-QA Layout.layout" But I don't know what is the correct XML, which I should produce and, also, whether tha data I need is present in retrived file. Maybe, I'm going in wrong direction and there's some different way to get data I need?

I'm using Ruby on Rails and a custom modification of activesalesforce adapter (actually rforce.rb is all what's left of activesalesforce adapter after modification), but, guess, this is not significant. I just need an example of XML, the other things I know (guess so) how to do.

Hi,

I'm new to development with Salesforce. I've developed Web applications for 15 years, having done both backends and frontends, recently with Ruby on Rails.

At my current position, I'm working with a boss who has strong connections with Salesforce, so naturally, he wants our new Web app to ditch PostgreSQL and exclusively use Database.com instead, not just have two databases sync with each other.

After some reading last weekend, I stumbled upon an old gem that no longer has active support (but is still maintained in some forks on GitHub), that is applied on top of Active Record. This sound ideal, but I'm worried about the lack of central support for its development and maintenance.

I also noticed Heroku's "databasecom" and "databasecom-rails" gems, which completely discards Active Record, and tries to take its place. I'm glad to find software that is actively maintained.

However, the first sight of discarding the well-built and proved Active Record sounds completely idiotic.

How do you handle validation? How can you add methods to your models? How can you write automated tests for your models (with RSpec) and features (with Capybara)? There are many questions, along with many potential problems, that come to mind.

So far, the answers I get are rare, and they're not satisfactory. The first come that I heard, about validation, is "you simply just do it all client-side". You mean I just let everyone with JavaScript turned off put whatever they want in our database?

Is there something I'm not getting? Up to this point, I've yet to stumble upon documentation or examples that will shed light on my lack of knowledge of Salesforce. If you have anything that can show me the way, it would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

he||o all

I have a daemon that once being connected, uses the same connection for all requests.

But when there are no queries to process for ~20 hours (can't be more accurate) it seems (I guess) it's session expires.

How to check the connection validity? Otr how to estimate expiration time? So I will reconnect before.

thanks.

Hi, i´m developing a e-commerce web site, this site extract information about products and productos stock; the problem is  that in less than 24 hours i get the call request limit.

I have 10 licenses, then 10 x 1000 i have 10,000 api calls.

10,000 can sounds very much, but i dont know how many api calls i´m "loosing" with  one query or with login, or with logout, etc.

Thanks.